Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

10.1c here. Hazy sunshine but a breeze making it feel cooler.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Seems I’m in one of the coldest parts of the UK at the moment with the cloud cover. Still only 7.9°C here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

The sun is just saying no today! Reached 9.6°C this afternoon, so almost 4°C cooler than yesterday 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

We'll need our Vit D tablets

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

The gloom took until very late morning to clear from here and the skies were always hazy with some cloud floating around.  The wind was proving the point that it is still only February, felt chilly in exposed places both in and out of the sun.  Gloom began to reappear before sunset but did make for a bit of a decent sunset.

P1040198 (800x588).jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 hours ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Bizarre! It has been overcast all day here, still is now.

Only made it to 8°C. However, it has been dry, and that is the main thing for me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not even a hint of brightness here today and because of that it only reached 8.0°C, cold in comparison to areas further north. 

Edited by matt111

Posted

The fog is back, currently 6.3°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Not as balmy as yesterday but still managed 11.9C.

Posted

Still quite foggy out. Got down to 5.4°C an hour ago but now creeping up again, 6.0°C

Posted

Starting off grey once again. 9.5°C

Posted

Cloud is now lifting and the temperature seems to be responding well. Now 11.2°C

Posted

Mostly blue skies here although a bit of cloud turning the sun hazy at times. 11.1°C

Posted

A nice day to keep the windows open but the neighbours are also burning something (BBQ out?) so all I smell is smoke. Anywho, I’m heading up to Salisbury again shortly. Temp 12.8°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and Sunny. I hate being cold.

Long term lurker here, I've enjoyed reading the forum on and off since the Beast from the East struck last year. I was particularly struck by seeing the snow on the beach in Cornwall earlier this month; I grew up in Tintagel in the late 60s and can only remember one week when we had significant snow.

There's something that I'm really curious about. Snow is great fun for children, sledging, snow balling and making snowmen, but let's face it it's a pain in the weeble for normal day to day life. It was a nightmare getting to work when we had snow in the Exeter area in 2010, I had to go and stay in a hotel.

Yet there are people on here and on the model thread who actively long for snow, someone from Exmouth entitles himself "Bring Back 62/63". Why on earth would anyone want the chaos and general aggravation that a big freeze would bring, especially if it went on for months? 

Posted

A very nice day with blue skies for most of the day, was a bit cold right by the sea with a cool breeze but away from there it felt very pleasant. Reached 12.9°C. 

Posted

Good sunny day yesterday, a high of 12.3c, felt very much warmer than that.
A low of 5.3c at 4:30am..
Started off with glorious sunshine this morning.9.5c now, 1035.3 hPa, wind light ENE

Posted

Reached 15.2°C yesterday here so warmest day of the year so far. Starting off sunny this morning, currently 7.6°C