Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
8 minutes ago, Don said:

Yes, what a shame!  March is our final hope now.

We still got snow at least unlike some. I would still happily take some snow in March though

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

We still got snow at least unlike some. I would still happily take some snow in March though

We did indeed and it lasted the full duration of the weekend, so could make the most of it!  I should have said March is our final hope for another cold spell! Just all this mildness feels wrong in February and next week could be even warmer!  

Edited by Don
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
11 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

I’m just happy that it’s not raining. We made up for last month’s dryness with our wet spell before this weather.

Posted

Ian’s just said on Points West there are signs that this largely dry weather will continue in March and April. 

Whether that is cool dry or warm dry wasn’t mentioned.

Posted

Well it was not as foggy as yesterday morning here this morning with only some mist patches around, and it soon cleared to leave another glorious day with wall to wall sunshine, temp reached 14.1°C 1.9°C warmer than yesterday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

This is all annoying me a bit in the fact that if we're getting all these warm charts, it's such a shame it's not late April and September otherwise it could be properly hot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Second morning of thick fog. However, the warnings were put out at 6am and 5am, respectively. The thick fog started after midnight on both occasions.

Temp got down to -1.3°C this morning and it maxed out at 14.5°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
1 hour ago, Leon1 said:

This is all annoying me a bit in the fact that if we're getting all these warm charts, it's such a shame it's not late April and September otherwise it could be properly hot.

And when we get into a similar southerly flow in the summer it only lasts 2 or 3 days before a breakdown from what I’ve seen!

Edited by CheesepuffScott
  • Like 1

Posted

Temp currently 5.7°C here, but cloud building so expect that to rise. Off to London tomorrow thankfully looks relatively dry for relative’s wedding on Sunday. 

Posted

Temperature now up to 6.0°C and rising 

Posted

Morning, an overnight low of 4.8°C at just after midnight. Starting off this morning overcast with a little mist, 9.5°C

Posted

After that lovely sunny day yesterday, this morning is very grey and cloudy.
Got down to 4.3c at 2am, but on the increase since then was 8.5c at is now 10c.
Very light southerly wind, 1023.9 hPa.

Looking at the forecasts, the mild and dry conditions continue into the first weeks of March. Maybe a little showery blip on Monday. Perhaps that is the wintery weather for this year over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not as nice as the last couple of days with cloudy skies and feeling a bit cooler. 9.2°C

Posted

A nice clear night here thought I'd get a snap of the moon haven't looked at it for a while, just taken with an old bridge camera

Moon17022019.thumb.JPG.efe037d9f4135c15d3ca35d99217c836.JPG 

Edited by Zephyr
  • Like 5

Posted

A good bright sunny start to this Sunday.
Was up early and saw an orange moon.

A high of 11c in the cloudy day yesterday, a low of 7.7c at 3am.
Had a little rain of 0.2mm around 3am.
Now 8.8c, 1014.9 hPa. The SE wind has picked up since the early hours and is 8-12mph with some 18mph gusts.

Posted

My prediction made about 10 days ago looks like coming true. Rain/showers forecast perfectly for the start of my half term outdoor work tomorrow morning! 

Posted

How’s the cloud playing for you back home? Here in London it’s hazy sunshine at the moment

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

How’s the cloud playing for you back home? Here in London it’s hazy sunshine at the moment

Hazy sun here too but darker clouds to the west.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny for most of the morning but turned hazy late morning and it’s much cloudier now. 9.8°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold (love it) any extremes.

I need to get a life my weekly stats pop up every Sunday morning and it’s quite shocking when you see the totals. In my defence all the YouTube is when I’m listening to music at my gym, the Netweather is self explanatory and the livesnow is an awsome site for me anyhow as it’s live streaming of the weather channel in the USA. I always watch it when I’m over there ??

DC3088E1-8771-4BDA-8DA7-170CF98BA9C0.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold (love it) any extremes.

Opens door looks inside ............. quietly shuts door again and leaves