Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Very thick fog last night for a while and a light frost early on, but that’s long gone now. Up to 7C and rather damp. My favourite!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dull, misty and damp so far today after the overnight fog cleared. 5.5°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun

I'm surprised that there are no warm weather reports from yesterday. There were some pretty high temps recorded by personal weather stations accross a wide area.

Here in Torbay a lot of stations were reporting 13C by 2pm with some reporting 14C and 2 had 15C. The nearest PWS near me right by Torquay Marina eventually got up yo 15.2C while a nearby station about half a mile away had a high of 14.7C. We had clear blue skies so I headed out at 3pm and in Torquay there's a screen with the time and temperature and it said 15C. I went off to the big park on the seafront took my jacket off and fed the birds. It was only at 16:45pm when the sun was getting very low that I could feel a bit of a chill. A lovely experience so early in the year and something that was not forecast.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Damp, drizzly and cool so far today. It’s currently 5.6°C after a high of 6.9°C at 10am

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
1 hour ago, Loulucas said:

Longleat still had piles of snow in places,patches of slippery ice and fog.weird.

It’s not weird at all for Longleat. We go there frequently and it has its own microclimate. Often foggy when Warminster is clear. Often drizzly when Warminster is just cloudy. Always gets more snow than Warminster. Often calmer when Warminster is windy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
44 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

It’s not weird at all for Longleat. We go there frequently and it has its own microclimate. Often foggy when Warminster is clear. Often drizzly when Warminster is just cloudy. Always gets more snow than Warminster. Often calmer when Warminster is windy.

Yup, I've noticed that too! Driven past Longleat a few times before and there's just snow there! Doesn't make any sense at all. Anything to do with the forest it's in? I wonder if the Center Parcs swimming pools are generating lots of steam which forms into clouds and makes it rain there?! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold (love it) any extremes.

Don’t bother going into mad thread it’s full of winters over one liners again it seems. 

441C7E25-415F-4FC5-BF91-85B75722171A.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Temp still rising.. 7.5°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Rising here too, highest it's been all day now. 8.0°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

you know things are bad... watching episodes of You've Been Framed, to get some cheer

hopefully, winter ain't over yet... stormy incoming for Friday

Posted
3 hours ago, Crackerjack said:

Don’t bother going into mad thread it’s full of winters over one liners again it seems. 

441C7E25-415F-4FC5-BF91-85B75722171A.jpeg

Gavs weather latest outlook paints a pretty grim outlook if you want cold, too!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
24 minutes ago, Don said:

Gavs weather latest outlook paints a pretty grim outlook if you want cold, too!

Im still holding onto winter with the last of my snow sat around edges of garden but with heavy rain it will only be the snow plough piles left soon 

Posted

In the wilds of Basingstoke today, was chilly, still drifts of snow lying in fields and mist rising off it, back garden still covered in snow, cars still abandoned, a mild winter but a memorable weekend of snow??

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, saintkip said:

In the wilds of Basingstoke today, was chilly, still drifts of snow lying in fields and mist rising off it, back garden still covered in snow, cars still abandoned, a mild winter but a memorable weekend of snow??

Still odd patches of snow and some icy pavements here in Ludgershall.  I did well at the weekend, but Basingstoke really hit the jackpot!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Raining here now, was heavy but now more drizzly and sporadic outbursts. Also mild at 11.1c

Posted

Temperature still rising and heavier rain has arrived following the constant drizzle I've had all day. 8.3°C

Edited by matt111

Posted

Lashing rain and quite mild. Temperature still rising at 8.6°C

Posted

Heavy rain now, 3.2mm so far. 8.4°C 

Posted

I suppose this is how we pay for the dry January. Back to light rain with the odd heavy interval. 8.8°C

Posted

Mhm..512E6178-CEB3-4321-8C4D-3569B24AE368.thumb.png.109861ce5c3d3da36bfa3329c795facc.png