Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted

Well it snowed, a lot and now i'm more than happy to see a early start to some spring warmth its why I love every season, although I wont say no to more snow if it comes to it!  snow is melting quite quickly now as it is 4.4°c!

Edited by TomW
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Met Office underestimated the max temp by quite a way. They went for 3°C here, it's currently 5.4°C

It'd be nice to beat -5.7°C

viewimage.thumb.png.0802ef14caf92ca9edfdb76c4a142604.png

However, the model above shows the colder temps creeping East by dawn, and slightly warmer minimums in the West.

• Like 1

Posted

I am surprised at the amount of snow we have here in the Alps lol,will still be a fair bit tomorrow before it goes.Really good imports from the various New Forest Weather Centres,lifted spirits when they were reporting snow as I vainly shone the torch out the back door only to see nothing,lets hope we can have another episode before Winters end,with all of our area having something else to remember this year.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Some nice sunshine this afternoon

01985229-097F-421E-B259-D286364D0F1B.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Just been for a walk and I can tell already how dangerous driving conditions will be. :help:

One side road is just sheet ice which cars are struggling to get up and I slipped over on!

Luckily though, it is now about 25% cloud which is stopping the snow from thawing slightly.  Definitely didn't think there would be any left by the end of today, I'm glad it's still here. Relatives over in Nailsea told me they only had about 2 inches and it was almost gone yesterday afternoon! Shows how finely cut this was for coastal areas near the Severn. Here's to another big snow event for everyone in the south-west to enjoy before the end of March! :drinks:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

No real thaw at home except trees ect in direct sunlight. Temperature around 1c. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Met Office underestimated the max temp by quite a way. They went for 3°C here, it's currently 5.4°C

It'd be nice to beat -5.7°C

viewimage.thumb.png.0802ef14caf92ca9edfdb76c4a142604.png

However, the model above shows the colder temps creeping East by dawn, and slightly warmer minimums in the West.

Max temps probable based on snow cover? Got about right here at 1c 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Not that much of a thaw here. Only on trees and roofs. The fields are still pretty white and a lot of the snow froze over last night. Icy slush on roads 

• Like 3

Posted

What are people’s thoughts on minima tonight?

We still have a good 7 inches laying, I’m going for -6c in my location on the Eastern side of Warminster as being right on the edge of Salisbury Plain it tends not to drop as low as the more exposed other side of town.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
3 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

We still have a good 7 inches laying, I’m going for -6c in my location on the Eastern side of Warminster as being right on the edge of Salisbury Plain it tends not to drop as low as the more exposed other side of town.

Around -6 or -7 maybe -8c in the countryside but where I am probably about -5c but who knows. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Middle Wallop -9, Farnborough - 9, Odiham and Benson might sneak a -10c

• Like 1

Posted

Today's remains! Lovely to see snow with a blue sky. Have spent the morning clearing snow from the drive/path/side of house that doesn't get the sun. So glad I've got a snow shovel and a sturdy yard broom!

IMG_20190202_115520.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
32 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

We are only 30 miles apart but we have a good 3 inch difference

Posted

It is a real shame that milder weather is moving in from Sunday it could have been a great start to a cold spell with close to a foot of snow on ground. After a winter of disappointment this one snow event has saved it from being a terrible winter.

• Like 8

Posted

Reached 3.2°C here, on the decline now at 2.8°C

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

What a beautiful day. Been out for a lovely walk. Still got about 2 to 3 inches of snow in most places.

Came across these footprints during our walk.  Anyone know what might have made them?

Screenshot_20190202-162352.jpg

Screenshot_20190202-162335.png

Edit. Size is about 3 or 4cm by 10 or 12cm and pad 3x5.

Edited by bellanite
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold (love it) any extremes.
52 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

I’m going for a low of -6.5c tonight Andy, as long as it stays clear obviously for most of the night. A good snow cover here still and temps max of 2.9c briefly this afternoon. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Crackerjack said:

l

11 minutes ago, bellanite said:

What a beautiful day. Been out for a lovely walk. Still got about 2 to 3 inches of snow in most places.

Came across these footprints during our walk.  Anyone know what might have made them?

Screenshot_20190202-162352.jpg

Screenshot_20190202-162335.png

A polar bear by the looks of it 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold (love it) any extremes.
30 minutes ago, noggin said:

Today's remains! Lovely to see snow with a blue sky. Have spent the morning clearing snow from the drive/path/side of house that doesn't get the sun. So glad I've got a snow shovel and a sturdy yard broom!

IMG_20190202_115520.jpg

yep great day noggin, I must be only down the road to you, have you seen the giant snowballs in the field by the Coalpitheath church ? ⛄

Posted
17 minutes ago, Crackerjack said:

yep great day noggin, I must be only down the road to you, have you seen the giant snowballs in the field by the Coalpitheath church ? ⛄

I did on my way home from work yesterday!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

A little vid of the heavy snow around 11am yesterday. Not the most insteresting setting but boy was it coming down!

Videos don’t format very well on mobile, just click the play button to see it.  

Edited by chris55
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1