Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

Guessing the radar is playing silly bu**ers again, where did the big lump of precip over Portsmouth, Southampton and IOW go?

Still moderate snow here. 0.7°C dew 0.

Posted

After a great day and a suprise by snow truly since before mid day it has started to melt through I am happy that we had a fair bit of snow fall especially for this region of Cornwall 

Really happy for you guys as well.

They may be some winty showers tonight and tomorrow morning but as the max temps are rising now it just be a moment if that 

Hopefully the next hunt for snow won't be long in a years time XD 

Through things don't look so good at the moment with models but with its uncertainty I don't bet a thing

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
7 minutes ago, Climate_Eyes said:

Guessing the radar is playing silly bu**ers again, where did the big lump of precip over Portsmouth, Southampton and IOW go?

Still moderate snow here. 0.7°C dew 0.

Seems to be as it’s showing nothing over me again when there’s definitely something falling outside. 

Posted

I hope not CE. I've just got back in to see that big blob of yellow and orange, heading straight for me and @CheesepuffScott

One last hurrah would be great.

Edit : Don't think it is b*ggered. Just got big out there, right on cue. Heaviest snow and biggest flakes that I've seen in the last 24 hours.

Edited by jtay
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Wow! Heaviest yet despite radar having me under the light stuff. Readily settling on all surfaces now.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Snow!!
5 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Seems to be as it’s showing nothing over me again when there’s definitely something falling outside. 

I think there is something wrong with the radar, app now shows snow till 8 along the south coast

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Climate_Eyes said:

Wow! Heaviest yet despite radar having me under the light stuff. Readily settling on all surfaces now.

I just had that for half hour or so then gone light again

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Still got a few flurries going on.

if someone had said yesterday that we would get almost 24hrs of continuous snow I would have laughed them out of the room!! 

Been agood 24hrs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Met Office predictions really struggling. Yesterday they had heavy rain when it was snowing, now they have heavy snow but it's raining! 

Just shows not to take it too seriously in a marginal situation. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

finally easing off here now after 18 hours of continuous snowfall....A comfortable 25cm of snow here.......watch out Andover - Salisbury - Basingstoke...some seriously heavy snow inbound, could give some major problems IMHO

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
47 minutes ago, final dest said:

Look like we are nearing the end here in swindon but its been an epic adventure. I will remember this event as "The Blob".

Think I'll have nightmares about that blob seeing as it set up shop just to the east of here lol. Must have been awesome sat underneath it though with continuous heavy snow hour after hour.

Still I'm happy with what we got, nice to see snow falling and also seeing that awesome orange glow in the night sky which you get with heavy snow falling. 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, beerandkebab said:

finally easing off here now after 18 hours of continuous snowfall....A comfortable 25cm of snow here.......watch out Andover - Salisbury - Basingstoke...some seriously heavy snow inbound, could give some major problems IMHO

Tonights trip to Bournemouth is looking less and less likely all the time now, looking at that radar. Will make the call at 6pm, I reckon.

Posted
18 minutes ago, wightwootton said:

Here we go again, snowing heavily on the north side of thee IOW

Funny that seeing as the radar shows you, Poole and Bournemouth with nothing. We don't have much, just flurries but radar doesn't show anything lol

Posted
17 minutes ago, matt111 said:

That is good to know Matt, I think it's a tad confused but aren't we all

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, jtay said:

Tonights trip to Bournemouth is looking less and less likely all the time now, looking at that radar. Will make the call at 6pm, I reckon.

Yes, we were off into Basingstoke tonight to watch my son perform in a play at the Haymarket theatre. Sadly cancelled so sat here watching the snow , drinking "snow beer" and following events on Netweather. And it's still snowing heavily outside.

Jtay, you must have a decent pub in Downton? perhaps a trip there instead?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Yes @jtay, just had a look. Massive flakes!

Posted
9 minutes ago, jtay said:

If it helps it seems all ok here. All transport and schools ect not affected