Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms
23 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

This is now pretty much the longest spell of continuous snow I can remember since moving here in 1992.   And still it falls!

I just said the same to my work colleague. Started later than planned but it’s made up for it and still falling in Swindon. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Storms

Not stopped snowing all day. Heavy snow again now. No access to back garden anymore as snow has fallen off of conservatory roof blocking back door. The pup’s not happy #snowedin

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

Look like we are nearing the end here in swindon but its been an epic adventure. I will remember this event as "The Blob".

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A significant has melted already in the haziest of sunshine this afternoon. Just wasn't cold enough this time so not a classic by any means, but still good. Didn't have to go far away to get more classic snowfall - the Blagdon/Chew Valley area has been lovely today. I wonder how much could've stayed if we'd had deep cold embedded ahead of this event.

• Like 1

Posted

Been dry and around 3.5c all day since mid morning.
Temp has dropped in last hour and its now 2.6c.
Just started to rain here last half hour, but has just turned to snow..

Been told its just started snowing North of me also in Locks Heath, where it also has been dry all day.

Edited by lettice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!
5 minutes ago, final dest said:

Look like we are nearing the end here in swindon but its been an epic adventure. I will remember this event as "The Blob".

Yep, think the Blob has finished blobbing here now. Well done Blob, I say! :drinks:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

25, yes 25cm of even laying snow and it's still chucking it down.....I feel a shaky exclamation coming on....WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Just travelled back down from Devil's Punchbowl at Hindhead. Plenty of snow up there, but starting to turn a but slushy there.

Coming back down the A3 had heavy snow most of the route and became a bit tricky around Butser. Visibility was very bad with driving snow up there. Roads were okay though.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, lettice said:

Been dry and around 3.5c all day since mid morning.
Temp has dropped in last hour and its now 2.6c.
Just started to rain here last half hour, but has just turned to snow..

Been told its just started snowing North of me also in Locks Heath, where it also has been dry all day.

Here we go again eh! 

Was steady rain with sleety bits in the centre of Portsmouth just now but I note the Met Office think is going to turn to snow again... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Storms

Car window screens have started freezing & snow sticking. Temp must be starting to drop. Winds dropped. 50p flakes falling straight 

• Like 2

Posted

24cm of level snow here in Chapmanslade Wilts. (snowed from 18.00 yesterday until now) Working today and driving on anything other than trunk roads was hard going. Country lanes, especially around Maiden Bradley had over 30cm on them and car was dragging along the surface most of the time. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still snowing here although it appears to be rather wet snow so it’s not settling and what is still on the ground is disappearing even quicker. 

Posted

pretty much stopped now and slushy under foot on the main roads/pavements but measure 10cm on the level in the back garden.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Snowing heavily in Newport. IOW again!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!!
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

Still snowing here although it appears to be rather wet snow so it’s not settling and what is still on the ground is disappearing even quicker. 

Same as here in Poole, think it might be over this far south.

• Like 1