Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Can hear the dripping but it's only coming from all the trees which had all the finely balanced snow on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold (love it) any extremes.
4 minutes ago, Calneee said:

Definitely don’t think it’s going to hang around as long. Can hear the drip, drips even though it’s still falling. 

Off thread but I grew up in Yate during the 80s & 90s & enjoyed your stories of Spirals yesterday

Ha good old Spirals and is their ledgendary bouncers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
3 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Can hear the dripping but it's only coming from all the trees which had all the finely balanced snow on.

I hear dripping from the eaves of the roof but that’s it pelting down here! Gone for another walk

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'd imagine any thawing under the snow band will be negated as grounds temps drop below 0C as nightfall approaches....still more snow wrapping around this circulation on developing from oragraphic forcing over North/East facing hills

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
1 minute ago, beerandkebab said:

I'd imagine any thawing under the snow band will be negated as grounds temps drop below 0C as nightfall approaches....still more snow wrapping around this circulation on developing from oragraphic forcing over North/East facing hills

Can oragraphic be in the NW bingo for next winter?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!!
18 minutes ago, Jemma Croton said:

I’m honestly baffled by it. Happy but baffled. Kids moaning though as can’t go out to play in it until it stops (kids with autism/sensory issues/averse to falling snow)

Hope they get to go out and play in it soon! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

What are the chances the snow could keep going after nightfall? Whatever happens thought it's been a great day here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
1 minute ago, festivalking said:

defo.....lol.....right up there with 'will it snow in cardiff'....and 'dinner plate sized flakes'......I might do another card later today if I get chance

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Storms
6 minutes ago, Crackerjack said:

Ha good old Spirals and is their ledgendary bouncers

Used to just get nodded in at the age of 14 with a ‘don’t cause any trouble!’ My hubby on the other hand could tell some stories

Posted
3 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Getting the (stolen) Bingo card out proved to be a great Talisman ☘️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow

I'm at work guys (No Windows), can someone let me know what's happening in Poole/Bournemouth please, nowcast and forecast?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Garden birds sorted. Snow cleared from feeding surfaces, fed, water topped up, fat blocks and mealworms replenished. B*%$^r that being a bird in this weather. Another good inch has fallen I'd say since my 9 am observation.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 3

Posted
36 minutes ago, Crackerjack said:

Hey guys n gals quick question. So my snow depth is 7.25” so far can anyone tell me what the water equivalent would be today? My rain gauge is manual and is swamped so any help of approx amount for my records in mm appreciated.

If you have Net Weather radar select 24 hour accumulation as right now that will give you a good idea.

I will do that at about 17.00 once we’ve had 24 hours since precipitation started.

Posted

86 pages of posts in this thread since this time yesterday....what does this mean?....is it gonna snow or sumthink? :crazy:

Posted
3 minutes ago, kumquat said:

Getting the (stolen) Bingo card out proved to be a great Talisman ☘️

I'm still in shock, I've never felt so......violated

lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!!
8 minutes ago, Mike the Fish said:

I'm at work guys (No Windows), can someone let me know what's happening in Poole/Bournemouth please, nowcast and forecast?

Showing lightly in Poole Dorset but not really doing much at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Still hammering it down here. -1.0c

Going to be tough getting out onto main roads once they been opened in morning 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
8 minutes ago, beerandkebab said:

86 pages of posts in this thread since this time yesterday....what does this mean?....is it gonna snow or sumthink? :crazy:

Hold on, just realised something... You used to be 'ajpoolshark'! How you doing me old mucka? Apart from being snowed in

Edited by andy_leics22
  • Like 1

Posted

Still snowing here, not stopped all morning, pulses of heavier stuff at times and a bit of drifting in places, roads all seem ok except some of the back roads but these are passable with care. Dogs go nuts in it!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow
2 minutes ago, mattyj said:

Hi light snow at mo heavy later for a bit if this to be correct https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcn9hc1es#?date=2019-02-01

Thanks Matty, looks promising

I heard someone say it was raining?