Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
Just now, Nights King said:

which direction is the ppn actually going? 

Down

Posted
1 minute ago, Nights King said:

which direction is the ppn actually going? 

That’s what I was wondering, does not seem to moving much at all.

the wind is N / NNE

Edited by Bazray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 minute ago, Bazray said:

That’s what I was wondering, does not seem to moving much at all.

the wind is N / NNE

Yes my app says heavy all day and although it is moderate im right on south west edge of heavy ppn. if its moving west or south west its game on if not it shall stop soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

oragraphic ppn was my enemy yesterday, today it's my friend, as ppn is being blown in from the north/NE, relatively flat ground to the north and NE of wootton bassett/swindon and then the marlbrough down where I am, ppn literally developing in situ

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Funniest sight of the morning so far....neighbour across the road is out with his leaf blower, blowing the snow off his drive. It's still snowing and it's windy, the snow he's blowing is billowing up over his shoulder and falling behind him. :oldrofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure, snow + alll extremes of weather

I make it a level 18cms here in south Bristol and still coming down thick and fast. Incredible 

F9F1D6E9-6F1A-442B-B920-F59BC1469761.jpeg

6F3E67E5-57E9-43A0-B01C-3B00ABCF8E42.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Yes my app says heavy all day and although it is moderate im right on south west edge of heavy ppn. if its moving west or south west its game on if not it shall stop soon.

Actually on a second look, it does look like the heavier stuff is moving this way, contradicts what the met snow symbols show though.

edit or maybe not, hard to tell, very much a now cast.

Edited by Bazray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I wonder how's @shaky doing? :bomb::ninja::oldwink:

Posted

Morning all, I guess there are some happy bunnies around! I'll join in with the snow pics too, if I may. NW Bristol currently 0.4 degrees and snowing a good 'un ❄️☃️❄️☃️

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, beerandkebab said:

oragraphic ppn was my enemy yesterday, today it's my friend, as ppn is being blown in from the north/NE, relatively flat ground to the north and NE of wootton bassett/swindon and then the marlbrough down where I am, ppn literally developing in situ

Same here. Normally the Chilterns kill everything for me. I've got heavy snow forecast all day, but cannot see much to get excited about to my NE at the mo.  Hopefully this is a developing event as am pretty sure the met office wouldn't have upgraded us an hour ago ?‍♀️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold (love it) any extremes.

Just seen our notorious grumpy neighbour in the street and even he is smiling snow brings out the inner child in us all. Won’t be on here much today as I’m taking my granddaughters out sledging and make the most of it. Have a great day everyone and be safe ❄️⛄

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Still very heavy in Bath and dare I say I think it has exceeded Jan 18th 2013 and March 1st 2018 in terms of depth! Best snow event for a very long time!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Just took a walk to the local pond to feed the ducks, poor things were starving hungry. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow

Just measured a little over 5 inches off the table in the garden. Even better than most of us could've hoped for!

First snow for my 8 month old Son and the only time he cried was when we got home lol. Loved it.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

A nice stroll in the village and down into Hale towards Woodgreen. Heading back home now for a nice hot chocolate

47B60BE5-F436-4087-B906-25533124EF07.jpeg

562CFDC3-8452-46BA-9B6F-F8BAA6F20033.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
1 minute ago, molipa007 said:

Last night i was disappointed that it didn't start snowing in my area until 8:30pm, well what a difference 12 hours makes. Yate is in the sweet spot  

Welcome fellow Yate-er 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Well this is the definition of stalled! 2 hours ago I looked at the radar and just assumed it would have moved off east of me by now. It’s chucking it down still and looks like it’s hangimg around. Just seen a post in here from TEITS suggesting it may intensify later (although was showing more SE than now). Amazing! 

Edited by SilverWolf
  • Like 1

Posted

* stop press*

Met office Severe Milk & Bread Shortage Warning - Red Alert

Chief Forecasters Assesment:

Outbreaks of panic milk and bread buying, intermittent at first is forecasted to quickly develop in situ this morning becoming widespread during the afternoon period...Up to 5-10 crates per hour of Milk are expected to disappear locally from local Tesco's with 20-30 in more highly populated areas

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Annoying being right on the western edge of that patch of heavy precipitation to the east.