Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: See if you can guess

Hi all, I think over 10cm here, maybe getting on for 15cm.

One interesting thing about this particular snowfall is the snow is very light & fluffy, i remember the snowfall in mid-March cold spell last year (2nd beast from east), was similar. Not sure what causes this type of very fluffy snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Has anyone got any tips to keeping awake bar coffee? Just asking because like a few people on here; not much sleep tonight

Posted
2 minutes ago, Bruegelian said:

Hi all, I think over 10cm here, maybe getting on for 15cm.

One interesting thing about this particular snowfall is the snow is very light & fluffy, i remember the snowfall in mid-March cold spell last year (2nd beast from east), was similar. Not sure what causes this type of very fluffy snow.

Lack of moisture normally in the powder snow, the type we have had here today has not been powdery, but a lot more moisture in it, has not drifted at all, the stuff in March was blowing all, over the place.

edit just noticed you are talking about the second beast. Getting tired and the snow slowed down a bit, on that note bedtime. Goodnight all, thanks for all...

Edited by Bazray
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just had a look in the midlands thread............tumbleweed :oldwink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Well I’m going to have a little nap- just so I have a little bit of energy for the sledging tomorrow, I have set my alarm for 4 so I’ll be returning then, and won’t be back in 10 mins like Jay from Cardiff ;)

See you soon 

• Like 2

Posted
55 minutes ago, SilverWolf said:

Looking good here in Rooksmoor - just went for a short walk, proper crunchy snow! All the trees are covered thanks to last nights hard frost. I was working in Stroud today doing garden work, some of the conifers in the garden had ice on them at 12pm! Perfect set up... 

Haven't ventured out properly yet. Want to keep it pristine for as long as possible.

Yeah the set up was spot on!  Still going but a bit more moderate now.

Edited by bellanite
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: See if you can guess

Yep first beast last March was very dry & powderey, almost like sand. But second beast the snow had a lot more moisture, and was very fluffy like tonight.

Difficult to describe what I am getting at. Fluffy is what it is, the lying snow lacks density & and is easily shifted say when walking through it. Anyway, just a minor point.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold (love it) any extremes.
11 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Has anyone got any tips to keeping awake bar coffee? Just asking because like a few people on here; not much sleep tonight

Adrenaline for me I’m loving it. Family all fast asleep but I’m at the window. Street lights off at 12 midnight but it doesn’t matter as it’s so light out with all the snow. Loving life at mo mate. ❄️

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, beerandkebab said:

just had a look in the midlands thread............tumbleweed :oldwink:

About bloody time, on so many occasions the midlands has had a white out whilst the SW has rain. Payback.

Edited by Richard Fisher
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Crackerjack said:

Adrenaline for me I’m loving it. Family all fast asleep but I’m at the window. Street lights off at 12 midnight but it doesn’t matter as it’s so light out with all the snow. Loving life at mo mate. ❄️

Surpassed expectations around here, especially as it seemed so late coming. It looks amazing out there!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold (love it) any extremes.
1 minute ago, kumquat said:

Surpassed expectations around here, especially as it seemed so late coming. It looks amazing out there!

Absolutely. Enjoying so much I’ve not seen a single forecast for hours. Did notice my apple weather app switch from snow ending early hours to now dying out late tomorrow afternoon. Is that the expectation  for here?

Posted
25 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Stay away from coffee it will just buzz you out then you will get the caffeine crash and it will make you more tired ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Snow here in Cardiff is completely different to last year- very crunchy when walking on it and really easy to mould, last years was like playing with dust 

• Like 1

Posted

Seems to finally be moving off north and east for us and gradually fizzling out but some models show showers from the pivot through tomorrow. Gotta say anything else would be a bonus

Posted
Just now, kumquat said:

Seems to finally be moving off north and east for us and gradually fizzling out but some models show showers from the pivot through tomorrow. Gotta say anything else would be a bonus

Indeed it passed my expectations, considering I thought we was getting zilch at one point lol