Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just had to tell a load of delinquent yobs to sod off with my neighbour after they shoved a load of snow through the letterbox from the bonnet of my car...

Dont know why some people feel the need to behave like that

Worst thing is... the drive isn’t pristine anymore grrr!

Edited by MP-R
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, wind. Hot summer days.

Well, we have had so much more snow than I thought we would have  During last years snow event I made a lovely little gif to show our favourite pastime in these conditions, I wanted to make another one, but I forgot that they turn off our lampost at midnight now   so, I'll repost the original, it would have looked exactly the same anyway!  

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme and settled according to my mood and time of year!
1 minute ago, jethro said:

Agreed, can see off most depths of snow but it's a bugger to stop the thing, weight and forward momentum coupled with ice isn't great. Fun sometimes though. I sometimes dream of ABS...

Trust me the abs gives you more moments than without it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
1 minute ago, Nights King said:

Ill leave it until 6am to message boss but he will be angry.... he lives in bridgewater... straight up coastal motorway in morning then into snowless trowbridge. will be like if i can make it you can lol

I doubt my boss is happy but she's far too nice to say. She's in London, I'm on dog duty, but the cleaner is going to have to do it instead. Now she won't be happy but she can walk it in 15ins, she's just down the road, I'm 17 miles away and 450 foot higher up. Folk often don't get that it's a different world up here when it comes to snow.

• Like 4

Posted
12 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Bugger!! Lamp post gone off

Mine are stil on....

12 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Bugger!! Lamp post gone off

Still on here    !!!! !!!!     !! !!!!!!

Posted
1 minute ago, MP-R said:

Just had to tell a load of delinquent yobs to sod off with my neighbour after they shoved a load of snow through the letterbox from the bonnet of my car...

Yea, I had that in March, have a glass table outside and it was collecting the snow perfectly and making a really nice shape (picture attached) image.thumb.jpeg.2fedd57e9c6cc8c7fb3fb4f22ca896ba.jpeg

then my partners daughter went outside and knocked it all off, was quite annoyed, bloody yobs.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Im getting nervous.... ppn is thinning rapidly just south of me... can i hold on to the green!? :shok::crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Bigger flakes here once again and coming down hard

• Like 2

Posted

Keeps feeding back in from the East here now - this is awesome. What a great event after it was looking so dodge earlier.

• Like 7

Posted
Just now, jethro said:

I doubt my boss is happy but she's far too nice to say. She's in London, I'm on dog duty, but the cleaner is going to have to do it instead. Now she won't be happy but she can walk it in 15ins, she's just down the road, I'm 17 miles away and 450 foot higher up. Folk often don't get that it's a different world up here when it comes to snow.

I'm a 15 min walk into work.On standby for 6am opening up if nobody else can do it

Posted

Signs of it weakening finally but that is fine this has still been better than expected even here!

• Like 3

Posted
21 minutes ago, Blizzardof82 said:

Lamppost gone off 

Ours stay on until 1.20am. I had always assumed they all went off together.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Sorry for the darkness but you can probably make out the depth of snow.

IMG_20190201_002038038.jpg

That's a day off work if ever I saw one Jay 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Our lamp posts stay on all night but this is the last winter they'll do that. From April they go off at 1am each night. 

Posted
18 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Is everyone in this thread staying up all night lol?

As long as I can keep my eyes open for. Day off tomorrow so can sleep all morning if I want to

Snow has just started getting heavier about 4 cm settled so far. More than I expected ❄❄❄

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

erm, well......remember earlier when I said we haven't had so much as a single flake?

there's been a little bit of a development

20190201_002112.thumb.jpg.3be7b3b6c58ce343d2a930687850cedd.jpg20190201_002123.thumb.jpg.475d19505472ed7694bd9895a9939c52.jpg20190201_002154.thumb.jpg.9450c035c67c72635d937dabcf4d593c.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
9 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Taking son home and found someone had buildt a bloody great big snowman right in the middle of the road, just round a blind bend. I'm an excited idiot when it comes to snow, but that's just bloody stupid and dangerous. I duly demolished it with my tank and squished it flat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, beerandkebab said:

erm, well......remember earlier when I said we haven't had so much as a single flake?

20190201_002112.thumb.jpg.3be7b3b6c58ce343d2a930687850cedd.jpg20190201_002123.thumb.jpg.475d19505472ed7694bd9895a9939c52.jpg20190201_002154.thumb.jpg.9450c035c67c72635d937dabcf4d593c.jpg

Good things come to those who wait.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, beerandkebab said:

Wow, that accumulated quickly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 minute ago, jethro said:

Taking son home and found someone had buildt a bloody great big snowman right in the middle of the road, just round a blind bend. I'm an excited idiot when it comes to snow, but that's just bloody stupid and dangerous. I duly demolished it with my tank and squished it flat.

Squishing the culprits would’ve been good too! If only.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

Good things come to those who wait.

I could murder a kebab right now....

• Like 1