Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
14 minutes ago, Bazray said:

Definitely an opportunity for some banter here, but I’ll refrain

Yes. I was going to say "I hope it lasts all night", but thought better of it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

It’s been a pretty dry month here from what I can tell with virtually no rainfall in the first half of the month. 

Avg Max: 7.1°C

Avg Min: 1.9°C

Max temp this month was 11.2°C on the 25th and the lowest temp was -5.7°C recorded on the 31st.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Had a 'grandad nap' at around 8:30pm and woke back up just before 11pm and -finally- it snowed here in Highworth. The Mother said there wasn't anything when she popped her head out for a fag about an hour before that, so it's all fairly recent. Hopefully it all continues now through the night. Will look so beautiful at first light. (That's a big reason I like snow, everything around looks so picturesque)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

After a period of smaller grained snow, the bigger flakes are coming back again :). Hasn't stopped snowing since 7.30pm. Looks like some heavier stuff approaching from the east. Wind is quite keen too. I can't believe that given this was meant to he a more northern event just how much snow has fallen in southern counties today! :).

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Do I set the alarm extra early and attempt to get the car out to work or get up normal time and just say I'm not coming in?

Depends what you do for a living. Personally, I wouldn't risk it as it's going to be treacherous tomorrow morning where you are.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Met office got me down for snow until 1pm tomorrow lol.

Check back in about 10 mins when it updates again lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Steady light to moderate snow here for a few hours now.

Good covering

3D5EF27B-3B3E-4FA5-8EF3-5B4481C4B61C.thumb.jpeg.038fc5aa735e2d36b0af10a897a3a276.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, andy_leics22 said:

Depends what you do for a living. Personally, I wouldn't risk it as it's going to be treacherous tomorrow morning where you are.

Business administrator for chda, already three people off lol. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Can’t wait to take out the new beast tomorrow, first time ive had the chance to use the 4wd for a reason lol

289CF4EF-01A1-485E-A98C-34152E0DFF8D.thumb.jpeg.dc7b4e9c6199c067bd29276daf618318.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
20 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Snow ploughs have just about given up on a37.

Just relentless heavy snow nothing moving. Just finished my 4 mile walk over the top via oakhil inn wow its bleak.

You've been out and about (carnage here, cars abandoned all over the place) what are my chances of getting to Bristol in the morning?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

Actual proper snowflakes again and heavy! Not sure for how long but currently the channel is the gift that keeps on giving.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Business administrator for chda, already three people off lol. 

To be honest, as it's an office job and it's a Friday... They will survive without you  I used to work as a carer back in the UK and never took a day off because of the snow. In 2013, when I was a domiciliary carer, I even cycled from house to house with snow on the ground for nearly 2 weeks  Different line of work though. Old people were dependent on me getting there so they could have a wash and have hot food cooked for them. I wouldn't risk driving in it for an office job.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 minute ago, jethro said:

You've been out and about (carnage here, cars abandoned all over the place) what are my chances of getting to Bristol in the morning?

Work will get nasty I bet trowbridge had didly squat as always which makes me seem like an a hole lol

Currently no chance unless you got a 4 by 4. I think top is already well past 10cm if i had to guess.

Edited by Nights King

Posted
9 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Do I set the alarm extra early and attempt to get the car out to work or get up normal time and just say I'm not coming in?

Would say to them: “got up a bit earlier than normal to dig the car out, got half way down my road and the car skidding all over the show, sorry I did try, bloody snow” - then dig the sledge out and drive to the nearest hill.

• Like 1

Posted

It reminds me it’s almost been 5 years since we had some snow here on around Feb 2nd/3rd - only lasted a few hours though before it melted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Lamppost gone off 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

I think a few people will be having a day off tomorrow.

I have been looking at the traffic cams on highways England and motorways look dodgy in places. The M5 M4 stack interchange for example is down to a single lane at present.

For those of you thinking of traveling tomorrow please take care and be safe.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
5 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Work will get nasty I bet trowbridge had didly squat as always which makes me seem like an a hole lol

Currently no chance unless you got a 4 by 4. I think top is already well past 10cm if i had to guess.

We're past 10cm here already and still it keeps coming. Got a Landy, it will chug through the snow but not a lot of good if the road's blocked with cars. Still slides though, took son home and had an interesting moment or two, sheet ice hiding under the snow.

• Like 2