Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.
Just now, Mapantz said:

The wind swung to the East about an hour ago here. It made no difference to the temp or dew point. Still peeing down with rain - 3.6mm so far.

You've got the whole of Poole Bay east of you so not surprising - you'd need a NE, maybe even NNE wind to do the trick.

Posted
1 minute ago, Singularity said:

...and there it goes! Full heavy snow, readily sticking to me as I stand outside while my neighbours look on.

Just a short battle to get some settling I expect (well, hope - but it only took a few minutes after a half hour of heavy rain back in Jan 2010 and that was in Portsmouth!)

Yep, getting heavier so that's great to know. Ta.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Very light snow falling here for a while, tiny flakes though so just making the ground wet. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
16 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

MetO show this on both their afternoon and evening forecast. Heavier stuff feeding in later

Good to see that the weather front will stall qute soon and snow will be able to get to my back yard!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
16 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

MetO show this on both their afternoon and evening forecast. Heavier stuff feeding in later

This looks outdated 

the heavier stuff is now south running along the south coast 

looks more patchy in the original amber zone 

it's smaller flakes hear in frome struggling to settle on all surfaces only on grass really small patches on pavements 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Good evening south-westerners! 

It's been mad in here today - I haven't been able to keep up.  Mind you I was at work, which doesn't help.  Witih any luck the local roads will be impassable tomorrow

No sign of snow yet in my neck of the woods but it's been utterly bitter all day.

Anyway fingers crossed we get a few cm tonight.  Forecast still looking good but heavier stuff not expected until 9pm.  Thanks for all your updates and banter, I'm usually just a lurker but thought I should show my face for once.  Hope you all are able to enjoy it and that none of us are too disappointed in the morning!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
Just now, offerman said:

This looks outdated 

the heavier stuff is now south running along the south coast 

looks more patchy in the original amber zone 

it's smaller flakes hear in frome struggling to settle on all surfaces only on grass really small patches on pavements 

That video is only 1 hour old on the Met Office youtube channel so can't be too outdated.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, TomW said:

This is potentially going to be a massive disappointment here no amber warning was needed for here that is for sure.

1.8°c, dew point -1.7°c 

It's a shocker, absolutely nothing at all. Complete bust so far, can we snatch victory from the Jaws of defeat 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sharp drop in temperature now. 1.2°C 

Defintely snowing now. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
6 minutes ago, gottolovethisweather said:

I think you're slightly ahead of yourself. The snow will fall quite heavily around Benson, assuming it reaches there and my part of the world in the next couple of hours.

Everything else is in place. Falling temp. DP below freezing, but ppn seems to fragment at M4!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
Just now, SteveB said:

It's a shocker, absolutely nothing at all. Complete bust so far, can we snatch victory from the Jaws of defeat 

Snowing out there now but small flakes and no sign of settling, just haven't b had any heavy precipitation all day. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
Just now, SLEETY said:

Put your location in remember it doesn't show on phones etc 

Turn your phone around to landscape.

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy ish snow now, blowing in the wind as well. Got my fix for this winter now. I was surprised how it changed to snow pretty much straight away after the reports in Bournemouth of rain.

Edited by SupaSnowy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
Just now, Leon1 said:

That video is only 1 hour old on the Met Office youtube channel so can't be too outdated.  

Hi Leon 

thanks for that . 

Heavier snow is for the south looking at the radra and good luck to them as from all my years living down there apart from the amazing winters of the 1980s they often had so many letdowns do fair play to them if they get a good dumping. 

Amber area for snow on frome and other areas will get lifted looking at that radar 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, James86 said:

Jesus how negative are some people. Just wait and see what happens yes might be unlikely but give it a chance!

This is why I rarely come in here anymore. ‘If it’s not IMBY then I’m going to throw my toys out of my prank, slag off the Met O et al and suck the fun out of every possible minute. Then when it does happen I’ll gloat and pretend I haven’t done any of the above and praise be the Met O!’

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Is it bust for us further north......?

Im losing faith to be honest, will be more surprised if we have a covering tomorrow than if we don’t see any!

I hope I’m wrong.

But for all you guys further south make the most the snowfall, lots of pics please  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Slightly disappointing as always with this weather.

All models showed it push further north. Now i barely gets to us.

Same as in the summer with storms.

Grr.

Lets hope the ECM pulls something out of its pants shortly.