Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
2 minutes ago, AWD said:

The latest EURO4 is a disappointment IMBY, but good for counties such as Dorset, Hampshire & Wiltshire;

19013118_3012.thumb.gif.79bbf7e9ebca6f33e2477ad4a3a8bb46.gif19013121_3012.thumb.gif.96af8595d1e44a64c3121f0fd51bc1ca.gif19020112_3012.thumb.gif.2c0c79a18f42bf48d02045a4b2e78911.gif

Some decent accumulations in these counties.  Big upgrade for you lot.

For Somerset, Bristol area, a clear split in the front which precludes much less snowfall activity, hence the clear gap in the chart above.  The left side of the front heads into South Wales, the right side heads along the South Coast.

One possible scenario.

NONSENSE!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

GEM IS GOD!!!

25C01E0A-3650-4F8B-907D-5113A4B344F0.thumb.png.024f09fcf90d8ab351296354f1f87bc9.png6A2B83BB-3F2D-4B8B-92A6-87B38B558960.thumb.png.0d39502326f291bdc7b1698d0bdb1338.png149BA13A-A63C-41B7-8E37-F85CBDB960EF.thumb.png.5b7b7e948bfd0e87c7a2bd35c270063e.png

or if god offends, add another o , it’s good! ?

If it was 20miles further south if might be marginally better for us coasties...sorry imbyism I know, but these events are becoming rare, unless of course you live in central USA, and there it seems an annual event to have a once in a lifetime freezer event. I remember the last one, so that's at least twice in my lifetime!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

Nah. 14inch portable

A tenner's a tenner

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

I am now crying with laughter beerandkebab

Posted

I would love a repeat of last March, as long as everyone stays safe. Don't want to sound like a snow-party pooper, but in the midst of last March's blizzards my daughter, who lives in the edge of the Mendips was due to give birth at the RUH in Bath. Thankfully they called her in early and my lovely grandson was born safely in the wee small hours of 2nd March. I was stranded at their house. They were stranded in the RUH  and my other daughter was isolated here at home. It made me realise how dangerous snow can be....I was terrified that my daughter might go into labour stranded miles from help, can hardly bear to think about it.

BUT,, it was all OK in the end. I shall not pontificate and party poop any more. 

Let's hope we all have a safe mega snowmageddon and have loads and loads of FUN!!! I look forward to sharing in the fun and excitement! 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Don't know what part of Bristol you live but Kingswood had a good dumping

Well - I'm out NE in Winterbourne, so maybe we got less but compared to this, which pretty much came off as depicted, it wasn't particularly memorable:

sec_1576055.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, kumquat said:

Didn't get much at all in Bristol in March, believe it or not!

Really?! 6-8 ins here on 2nd March, followed by another couple of snowfalls in March. Temps at minus 2c on the Friday 2nd at 2.00pm. Where were u?

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, kumquat said:

Well - I'm out NE in Winterbourne, so maybe we got less but compared to this, which pretty much came off as depicted, it wasn't particularly memorable:

sec_1576055.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

It was pretty memorable here we had some big drifts going up the walls, and the snow took a long time to melt once the temperatures went up  March2018.thumb.png.1e1f28b150b5f28f89760794169217f0.png

Edited by Zephyr
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
3 minutes ago, noggin said:

I would love a repeat of last March, as long as everyone stays safe. Don't want to sound like a snow-party pooper, but in the midst of last March's blizzards my daughter, who lives in the edge of the Mendips was due to give birth at the RUH in Bath. Thankfully they called her in early and my lovely grandson was born safely in the wee small hours of 2nd March. I was stranded at their house. They were stranded in the RUH  and my other daughter was isolated here at home. It made me realise how dangerous snow can be....I was terrified that my daughter might go into labour stranded miles from help, can hardly bear to think about it.

BUT,, it was all OK in the end. I shall not pontificate and party poop any more. 

Let's hope we all have a safe mega snowmageddon and have loads and loads of FUN!!! I look forward to sharing in the fun and excitement! 

Not much good now after the event but if you ever find yourself in a similar dilemma again, me and my trusty old Landy are in the Mendips - just send me a message on here, happy to ferry folk about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
10 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

If it was 20miles further south if might be marginally better for us coasties...sorry imbyism I know, but these events are becoming rare, unless of course you live in central USA, and there it seems an annual event to have a once in a lifetime freezer event. I remember the last one, so that's at least twice in my lifetime!

Try the old glass half full approach, you might like it :santa-emoji:

579B30A0-CE94-40C2-921C-D434AB2EA2E7.thumb.gif.2af377ffb0eb33ca9a1888b46707b38c.gif

this is not your standard low pushing up against cold air scenario, usually the -5 line is straddling the midlands in these events and rightly we are the wrong side of marginal. I think there will be surprises tomorrow if models remain the same. Coasts included 

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Really?! 6-8 ins here on 2nd March, followed by another couple of snowfalls in March. Temps at minus 2c on the Friday 2nd at 2.00pm. Where were u?

Queen Charlton, just outside Keynsham (where I work) had loads too. The drifts on the journey to work took a good couple of weeks to completely melt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Upgrade (sorry more IMBY from me) !

1 extra hour of heavy snow tomorrow evening:

image.thumb.png.18687391c7fc10d65fdb289dcbf158d9.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

get that good 'ol evaporative cooling going on. very fascinating, with rain forecast to move into Cornwall, and Devon is the changeover area

Posted
2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Try the old glass half full approach, you might like it :santa-emoji:

579B30A0-CE94-40C2-921C-D434AB2EA2E7.thumb.gif.2af377ffb0eb33ca9a1888b46707b38c.gif

this is not your standard low pushing up against cold air scenario, usually the -5 line is straddling the midlands in these events and rightly we are the wrong side of marginal. I think there will be surprises tomorrow if models remain the same. Coasts included 

Forgive the idiot question here.....is that showing accumulated snow up to 9pm tomorrow? If so, if the METO are right, there's quite a few more hours of falling snow to come after that.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

re. think of the animals.....joking aside, worth mentioning for those with outdoor pets, to make sure plenty of food is left out for them, cover up hutches etc and keep a drinking source available......we lost a rabbit in last march's freeze due to not adhering to the above sadly

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
15 minutes ago, AWD said:

The latest EURO4 is a disappointment IMBY, but good for counties such as Dorset, Hampshire & Wiltshire;

19013118_3012.thumb.gif.79bbf7e9ebca6f33e2477ad4a3a8bb46.gif19013121_3012.thumb.gif.96af8595d1e44a64c3121f0fd51bc1ca.gif19020112_3012.thumb.gif.2c0c79a18f42bf48d02045a4b2e78911.gif

Some decent accumulations in these counties.  Big upgrade for you lot.

For Somerset, Bristol area, a clear split in the front which precludes much less snowfall activity, hence the clear gap in the chart above.  The left side of the front heads into South Wales, the right side heads along the South Coast.  Areas in the middle are left with the lighter stuff.

One possible scenario.

That's what usually happen when fronts come in like the one tomorrow. We usually have lighter precip than many around us. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

-1.5 here already!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, jethro said:

Forgive the idiot question here.....is that showing accumulated snow up to 9pm tomorrow? If so, if the METO are right, there's quite a few more hours of falling snow to come after that.

Yes I stopped at 21:00 hrs J. ❄️⛄

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

UPGRADE!!

I now have 2 snow symbols.  

733DE7C4-3A86-495A-BC63-27495CE5FADF.png

• Like 8

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Yes I stopped at 21:00 hrs J. ❄️⛄

:yahoo:⛸️

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
5 minutes ago, beerandkebab said:

re. think of the animals.....joking aside, worth mentioning for those with outdoor pets, to make sure plenty of food is left out for them, cover up hutches etc and keep a drinking source available......we lost a rabbit in last march's freeze due to not adhering to the above sadly

Don't forget the poor lambs in your kebab 

Posted
Just now, MidnightSnow said:

Don't forget the poor lambs in your kebab 

Yes wrap that in Pita and foil, or it’ll never make the journey home

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

This will put a smile on everyone’s faces.

• Like 7