Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl
19 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Nothing to get excited about as the cold air just isn't cold enough for us down here. Sat in an office in Bmth having driven in with the temperatures down to -1.8°C and it's raining, yes it's raining. SW incursions really do not bring much else but rain here unless the cold air has been around for a while. As for tomorrow, have to say at the moment I'm sticking with @Mapantz WXSIM prediction (below). Look at the wind direction off the channel, that will kill most things with no entrenched cold air present..

image.png.e189f650dc159ee993ed7819fe404028.png

I have to say I agree completely. Let's hope for an event in Feb or March like last year for us living in the tropics

Posted
8 minutes ago, snowysouth said:

Woke to a very light dusting of snow this morning. Not even enough for a snowball laying but looks pretty

Really, you must either be very lucky or living further away from the coast or higher altitude than me as at -1.8°C the only thing fallen on a very iced up car was rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

It was snowing heavy just now. A nice covering.  Think it might soon melt. As temperature is -0.2c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Omg, bank @Leon1

4A13B55A-5D1E-4555-8D41-8A2CF8215B3A.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
22 minutes ago, divadee said:

I have to say I agree completely. Let's hope for an event in Feb or March like last year for us living in the tropics

We suffer the same problems along the coast of the Bristol channel. Looks like rain for us as well tomorrow.

I don't think this Winter will deliver for us. To be fair, the synoptics have been fairly good, it's just the UK hasn't been lucky with them. While we are in solar minimum/deep solar minimum, I have faith the following winters will deliver for us.

As for the here and now, my mind is starting to drift to lighter mornings & nights & warmer day's. I just can't help it - I love snow & cold, but I also love warm & sunny with thunderstorms.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Thursday looks very good currently this morning. 

• Like 2

Posted

Wonder if any warnings will be updated to amber today or if they will wait until tomorrow morning, still a few runs to go before the actual event.

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Really, you must either be very lucky or living further away from the coast or higher altitude than me as at -1.8°C the only thing fallen on a very iced up car was rain!

Some melt already but you can see it wasn't much. I'm in Parkstone

20190130_072123.jpg

Posted
1 hour ago, divadee said:

Apparently it should be snowing now....... It's not. Temp of 0.8 and DP of -0.5 

Screenshot_20190130-061555_Met Office.jpg

That’s 30% chance so 70% dry. Then 50/50 by 08.00 .

Very thick frost this morning and looks like a bit of freezing fog trying to form so might get some pretty rime.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Wonder if any warnings will be updated to amber today or if they will wait until tomorrow morning, still a few runs to go before the actual event.

I think we'll see amber warnings mid morning now that they've near enough firmed up the northern extent of the snow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Bank

CAB7F65C-2235-439C-9E27-51C38C73FBE5.thumb.png.b70a43ecc5b6fe3ba6881ce5c75c823e.png

Edited by chris55
  • Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, SteveB said:

Looks like rain for areas close to the Bristol channel tomorrow *that's me), but away from the channel it looks really good.

Will all depend on the wind direction but with the southerly corrections continuing this morning I think your in with a shout!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

It’s certainly foggy here and the temperature is -0.9°C after a low of -1.2°C overnight

Posted

Do we start buying milk and bread now?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
23 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Omg, bank @Leon1

4A13B55A-5D1E-4555-8D41-8A2CF8215B3A.png

Showing the same for me!

If it's still showing the same this afternoon, I think we have the right to get excited!

Edited by Leon1
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl
19 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

Should get quite heavy around Bournemouth in 30 mins. 

I'm checking the radar and keeping everything crossed. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Showing the same for me!

If it's still showing the same this afternoon, I think we have the right to get excited!

It can’t go wrong now. Surely!

• Like 1

Posted

-4.5C here, lovely hard frost, naff all snow but hope to do well tomorrow (fingers crossed!)

• Like 1

Good morning everyone.  Quite a few of us have seen snow showers overnight.  Even down here in Exmouth it has settled - a decent dusting.  David  

30tha1.thumb.png.2eba5b226088cc42ce68c17497bae263.png     30thb.thumb.PNG.1870803c85d8256e3136ad988f9836fb.PNG

Edited by Guest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
26 minutes ago, TomW said:

Will all depend on the wind direction but with the southerly corrections continuing this morning I think your in with a shout!

I'm not sure, I think the southerly correction have weakened the precip hence rain for here.