Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, MidnightSnow said:

Funny because I was going to ask earlier if anybody remembers when we last had a Bristol Channel streamer. My memory is trash but I remember February 2009 very well.

I've experienced snow showers from a Bristol Channel streamer on 21st December 2009, 17th December 2010, and more recently 14th January 2015. There was also one on 17th November 2016 that brought showers in a line over Somerset but I was too far north.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Big flakes now rapidly getting thrown in, other places on the island is already falling as snow!

Temperature 2.2

Dewpoint: -0.1!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
Just now, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

Hold on if it looks good in your back yard must be in mine too

BBC News just now. White stuff all day over us, I think? I will wait until the pub run is out before I venture into the MAD thread.

It's the hope that kills you...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
Just now, katemart said:

BBC News just now. White stuff all day over us, I think? I will wait until the pub run is out before I venture into the MAD thread.

It's the hope that kills you...

Just to let you know, if the GFS has the main snow for Thursday further north, don't worry, every other model is against it now  All looking very good for I would say Birmingham southwards.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow

Thought there would be more buzz in here. The most reliable models have Thursday's snow further South.

Who's going sledging Thursday night?

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, MP-R said:

I've experienced snow showers from a Bristol Channel streamer on 21st December 2009, 17th December 2010, and more recently 14th January 2015. There was also one on 17th November 2016 that brought showers in a line over Somerset but I was too far north.

Thank you! I was trying to remember the date for the 2009 streamer I remember there was still snow on the ground over Christmas and it was the first time I have ever seen it on the ground over the xmas period it was really nice to see I can now date my pic of it as forgot! 

2009 Yate 

2009.thumb.jpg.2b0448352b62070261b1915799f87114.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
2 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Just to let you know, if the GFS has the main snow for Thursday further north, don't worry, every other model is against it now  All looking very good for I would say Birmingham southwards.

The 6.30 forecast had the snow band quite a lot further south than this one from an hour ago.https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather Can we bank it now, please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
1 minute ago, MidnightSnow said:

Thought there would be more buzz in here. The most reliable models have Thursday's snow further South.

Who's going sledging Thursday night?

Worth noting a lot to be resolved.  Some offer a weaker affair, leaving just a couple of cm's accumulation & some still push main threat into the Midlands.

My sledge is staying firmly in the shed for now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Thank you! I was trying to remember the date for the 2009 streamer I remember there was still snow on the ground over Christmas and it was the first time I have ever seen it on the ground over the xmas period it was really nice to see I can now date my pic of it as forgot! 

2009 Yate 

2009.thumb.jpg.2b0448352b62070261b1915799f87114.jpg

That's the one! Looks good. Started late on the 20th here and just kept going into the early hours of the 21st. As you say, even after temperature rose a bit on Christmas Eve, there was still snow on the ground on the day itself, almost a starter to the following year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
6 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

That bit in bold makes such a refreshing change where snow is concerned! 

Edited by Smartie
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Snowing now in my part of the island in Sandown! 

Temperature down to 1.7'c!

Dewpoint: -1.1'c

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
2 minutes ago, AWD said:

Worth noting a lot to be resolved.  Some offer a weaker affair, leaving just a couple of cm's accumulation & some still push main threat into the Midlands.

My sledge is staying firmly in the shed for now.

Even if we get a few inches you'll be talking about the rain that washes it away the next day 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

image.thumb.png.f888556bd40a5e08f84556fdad877f14.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Hi all, snowing in Horndean after rain earlier! Nice to see some as I wasn’t sure we would this afternoon 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

image.thumb.png.2d12fdc9cc20d0164ae9e60530f5a5a2.pngimage.thumb.png.e955872cdbec854a5891361935cc8823.png

Haha

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

Light snow here with the odd heavier burst after an hour or so of rain. Finally getting to test out my new garden lights

• Like 4

Posted

There's some flakes in the wind here, temp went back up to 2.0°C

• Like 1