Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, currently 0.2c here according to a personal station listed on Wunderground, not sure I trust it too much as it always seems to be 1c below all other local ones. Looking at their map, temps locally anywhere between 0-3c. Met Office updated overnight and it seems the front is looking like moving through about 5 hours earlier than previously expected, yesterday it showed snow here from 5pm onwards for a few hours, now it shows rain from mid morning onwards. No mention of snow for today. Thursday looks promising at the mo, fingers crossed eh.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=ISTOKEST4#history

Posted

Be interesting to see the met office live stream later as well as EURO4 starting to come into range, wonder if any yellow warnings will go up today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Yes, the front looks perfectly timed for the least cold part of the day . Fingers crossed for Thursday, just so I can say there was snow in January!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MP-R said:

I doubt it. Blagdon is still 2C. I’m in Cleeve. It can be a little frost hollow of its own sometimes but not massively so.

Guess it must be a frost hollow, Cleeve is practically at sea level, the airport is at nearly 700 ft. Didn't get a frost in Cleeve this morning, temperatures stayed above freezing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Slow to rise here. 0.8°C

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
14 minutes ago, Lloyds32 said:

Guess it must be a frost hollow, Cleeve is practically at sea level, the airport is at nearly 700 ft. Didn't get a frost in Cleeve this morning, temperatures stayed above freezing.

Never said there was a frost. Move along...

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Lloyds32 said:

Think you need a temp sensor 

Think you need to get on with your day like the rest of us instead of debating decimal points...

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Lloyds32 said:

Think you need a temp sensor 

You’re a bit of a negative nelly aren’t you, everywhere you post it’s all negative, that’s rubbish, not gonna happen etc etc, you’re in the wrong thread ma friend because we’re the crazy southwesterners who will stay positive even when we don’t get snow and the rest of the country does 

• Like 7

Posted

Overcast, v light wind and 3°C. DP 1°C.

Not expecting anything today apart from a little bit of sleet maybe along the back edge.

Hopefully the signals for Thursday's snow stays and we all get a nice surprise ❄☃️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just drove home to find I missed a blizzard this morning IMG_20190129_091341.thumb.jpg.6ea16ac195d90edd83dc927fcc919d3c.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
38 minutes ago, fromey said:

im at 1.6c with a dew point -0.6c 

Morning Fromey

Yes I noticed how cold it is still at the moment .

I expect we will just get rain though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun

Coast of South Devon this morning currently between 6C-7C in places like Salcombe, Brixham, Torquay.

Here at Torquay Marina its 6.7C. Despite the radar its only just started lightly raining.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, offerman said:

Morning Fromey

Yes I noticed how cold it is still at the moment .

I expect we will just get rain though 

Yeah certainly looks that way

43 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Think you need to get on with your day like the rest of us instead of debating decimal points...

Yeah, but this event is very marginal so temps are very important. Just found it strange that your location at sea level was colder than Bristol Airport at 700 ft.

Especially when I drove through Cleeve at 5.30am and it was pouring with rain.

Posted

I think we may have a few surprises this evening, checking into the Met Office forecast for Salcombe this morning and there is quite an extensive period overnight where snow showers are now showing up. Nothing of note during the day (apart from the moors).

So no significant band of snow for this part of Devon, but certainly the possibility of a dusting if you get lucky with the showers. The temperatures are going to be there or thereabouts IMO.

Posted

Just driven across the Mendips and somebody has spilt sugar in places. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 minute ago, MP-R said:

Yes it snowed first thing by looks of it but I think now temperatures are climbing during day light hours we are going to struggle. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
3 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Yes it snowed first thing by looks of it but I think now temperatures are climbing during day light hours we are going to struggle. 

I also think intensity is going to be important. The radar has some decent precipitation rates way out west - will that reach us and give a chance?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

4c here in Weston, and plenty of rain on the way.

This is going to be one of those events where we get rain & anywhere East & North of us get snow.

My sister who leaves near Hereford will be getting plenty of snow.... and she hates it.... typical.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Love an app that shows snow lol ;) 

Best this one has looked for Thursday night

6FA05C9B-AE5C-4A8C-A0E6-31E4F339AFDE.thumb.png.6aab9c0156bdbccfffca4e44698ceff4.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
15 minutes ago, SteveB said:

4c here in Weston, and plenty of rain on the way.

This is going to be one of those events where we get rain & anywhere East & North of us get snow.

My sister who leaves near Hereford will be getting plenty of snow.... and she hates it.... typical.

The cold air will be undercutting the back edge of the precipitation so it was always going to start as rain, guessing we may see some sleet at some point before the front clears through  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
47 minutes ago, MP-R said:

we had the same here as well....just as well as I had to scrape some off the floor to add to my morning coffee as we'd run out.....hmm, the coffee tasted a bit funky, this natural sugar malarky is not all it's cracked up to be

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

Cold rain just started here. Temp 4.4C