Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
Just now, MidnightSnow said:

Reality check needed because I'm buzzing atm. Still a volatile situation at such a close time frame.

I am buzzing about it also lol hanging on to every model run at the moment begging EURO4 to come in to range, I need to take a step back really as most of the time it ends in disappointment I wouldn't care if we had seen a bit of snow already but because I haven't seen any at all it's a pretty exciting time.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
Just now, MidnightSnow said:

You see this one too? I know not everyone is a fan of precip accum charts but this has to be posted surely.

rt.png

Hope that's the wet stuff as that would make everything a winter wonderland. Last time we had decent amounts of wet snow with giant flakes was back in Jan 2013 and that looked amazing!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
3 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I am buzzing about it also lol hanging on to every model run at the moment begging EURO4 to come in to range, I need to take a step back really as most of the time it ends in disappointment I wouldn't care if we had seen a bit of snow already but because I haven't seen any at all it's a pretty exciting time.  

For me it's a big positive to see upgrades around +90 hours. It's usually about now where it all goes wrong. I was honestly expecting to wake up to the usual disappointment but it looks even better tbh.

I think if we're still in the game tomorrow evening, you'd have to think our chances are good.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Here's Friday.

viewimage.thumb.png.94454b39397caa7fe9cbaff587ed7bde.png 1066546666_viewimage(1).thumb.png.aef6c90eb8613e8824523f8897005cf3.png

Nothing much showing up for Tuesday night in to Wednesday, so I skipped it.

you couldn't get a better n/s of the m4 couple of charts than that!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Thought Id get a front row seat for the up and coming snow fest Tues. Wed, but in reality being stuck in the middle of the channel in a PM air mas all seems a bit to marginal.  Still would be nice to be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Think this will be the come to page this week. Will be alot of now casting going on! 

• Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Here's Friday.

viewimage.thumb.png.94454b39397caa7fe9cbaff587ed7bde.png 1066546666_viewimage(1).thumb.png.aef6c90eb8613e8824523f8897005cf3.png

B*gger. Got to get to the BIC and back on Friday evening.

Too far off to worry about yet...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
30 minutes ago, jtay said:

B*gger. Got to get to the BIC and back on Friday evening.

Too far off to worry about yet...

Yep... I’m meant to be travelling on Friday too to Weymouth.. I’m sort of hoping it doesn’t happen as I’ve been looking forward to it for ages!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
4 minutes ago, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

Sooooo are the IoW in with a chance then??? ❄️

All depends on the track of the low pressure which probably won't be sorted out until tomorrow evening or maybe even Monday evening!

Posted
8 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

All depends on the track of the low pressure which probably won't be sorted out until tomorrow evening or maybe even Monday evening!

Yep, very critical to far north and we re on the warm side, direct hit and weve got a maritime influence. Just far enough south that we stay in the cold air is what we wont. 

Posted
38 minutes ago, khodds said:

Yep... I’m meant to be travelling on Friday too to Weymouth.. I’m sort of hoping it doesn’t happen as I’ve been looking forward to it for ages!

Yeah, me too. We're going to see Frank Turner and I'll be driving back home afterwards.

If it could hold off until after midnight, then we'll get the gig in and then some sledging on Saturday. Perfect... Right that's decided. Surely not too much to ask.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Up to 9.3°C here and the wind is noticeable now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Here's Friday.

Sorry but the M4 looks far too cooperative in those charts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy and mild with some light rain not long ago. As others have said the winds picking up a bit now. 9.6°C 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
6 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Why does the met office text not mention any of this potential snow shown on the charts?

Watch the latest video and it mentions the chance of weather warnings for the South on Tuesday but still very uncertain at mo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
3 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Here's Friday.

Just a tiny smidgen shift north would be good on the second chart 

Edited by Smartie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
32 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Why does the met office text not mention any of this potential snow shown on the charts?

"Keep an eye on the weather for Tuesday, particularly across the Southern half of the UK. Warnings could potentially be issued."

That was said in the latest forecast which was issued an hour ago. I think they're still unsure of the track of the low so don't want to give specifics. 

Edited by MidnightSnow