Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

-0.2°C now, going to be above freezing at this rate -_-

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

That sleet and snow moving SE. Wonder if we will be lucky enough to catch something before it fizzles out

1D596677-038C-46B9-8953-5B34D4D7EEB4.png

Posted

Signing off for the night. The temperature is now back down to -0.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

For the past 3 or 4 days, my forecast has been showing winds gusting to around 45mph on Sunday. I now see the Met Office predicting 43mph. They'll be coming from the Nw/NNW and I don't tend to register those sorts of speeds from that direction, not sure why.

Currently -1.1°C. I popped out for my last smoke and nearly went weeble over elbow.. I washed down the patio area in the afternoon and forgot. 

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Down to -2.0°C here now. 

Posted
3 hours ago, meshellby said:

Do I bother going into the MAD thread tonight? What’s the mood like in there???

3 hours ago, Leon1 said:

I wouldn't bother, all a bit rubbish tonight. Hopefully tomorrow the models will pick out on something to make us cold?

Good shout from Leon, just read back the last couple pages and it’s just a load of crap, like Paul said in there, the ‘banter’ needs to be relaxed because it’s just monotonous, makes me want to not bother reading!!

• Like 2

Posted

Morning All, after an overnight low of -1.2°C at: 02:07 the cloud appeared and sent temperatures skywards, to -0.8°C right now, with a light frost, so the screen cover paid off for my early start sometime ago.

Posted

Good morning, an overnight low of -1.1°C here and a light frost too. Currently -0.5°C

Posted

Quite icy still in the shade. Now -0.2°C

Posted

No frost here overnight got to around 0.8c now up to 2.8c, bbq winter in these parts so far

Posted
6 hours ago, dec10snow said:

Good shout from Leon, just read back the last couple pages and it’s just a load of crap, like Paul said in there, the ‘banter’ needs to be relaxed because it’s just monotonous, makes me want to not bother reading!!

Apologies I may be to blame for a part of that, just couldn’t help myself, whilst I know it’s about looking for colder weather the banter just got a bit out of control in there last night unfortunately not much going on around these parts for the foreseeable future, hope that changes as we head into February.

Edit: I also fully understand some people are not interested in colder weather which is also fine as colder weather can have a big impact on some peoples lives, just hope we can see some interesting weather turn up soon!

Edited by TomW
  • Like 1

Posted

Decent start earlier at 7:30ish...

IMG_20190124_073743932.thumb.jpg.ee08d0422d07209121af140e63426cdd.jpg

Clouding over nearly an hour later...

IMG_20190124_081921209_HDR.thumb.jpg.9b01e9947ba28b64f89025f5d2f5dbfb.jpg

Then total cloud and three deer on the way back home...

IMG_20190124_082830585.thumb.jpg.a9275bb635fad9d373ebc01560511ebf.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, jy said:

The deer look a bit unsteady,perhaps a lock in at the Yew Tree Inn lol

Hello jy. Speaking of pubs (and deer :oldlaugh:). We think The Stag is going to be re-opened in the not too distant. Watch this space.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
10 hours ago, MidnightSnow said:

I know this is a long shot but I'm bored:

Does anyone in the West Country remember a very good rain to snow event in 2005/2006? (There's a possibility it could've been the winter before... although I'm pretty sure I was in my last year in college.) I remember it rained heavily all morning and then turned to snow early in the afternoon. The reason why it sticks out in my mind because they were the biggest flakes I'd ever seen. We must've got 3-4 inches in less than a couple hours.

I know that doesn't narrow it down very much... but thought there's a chance somebody knows what I'm talking about. Would be cool to see the charts that produced that snow.

The only one I can think of was the slider event on 18th/19th December 2004, but that was overnight. Poured with rain on the 18th then woke up the next morning to a few inches of snow.

Didnt have a similar event here until 11th January 2008. Very similarly, heavy rain turned to snow - massive flakes. It even settled after loads of rain. Had it gone on longer there would’ve been decent accumulations. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

IMG_20190124_110337.thumb.jpg.f85777bb910c25442117e5fdceba7919.jpg

Last of the snow is melting away. 

3.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Low of -2.3°C last night. Cloudy and cold start to the day but the temperatures rising quite quickly now. 5.5°C

Posted
39 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Are they the three wise deer?

Yes Dear..

Oh Dear..

Of course Dear...

Or in this house... we don't need it and it's too dear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Temp got down to -1.9°C around 2am, then went back up to around zero after that. No ice or frost this morning. Currently overcast and 6.9°C.

Posted

After a Partly Cloudy start to the day, it has been overcast for the rest of the day. Currently 56.2°C and rising

Edited by CheesepuffScott