Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Looking to the south and it’s trying to brighten up now! 3.0°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Praying for a miracle now...

Edited by Leon1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Temperature dropping now it’s stopped raining. 3.3°C 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Well that was a case of snow to the left of me, snow to the right of me , stuck in the middle with nowt !!    Temp now down to 3 c 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

It's down to 2.3°C here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
8 hours ago, dec10snow said:

Where would the best place to go if I went up there for a walk/to get good views/to see some snow today??

Sorry, I had already gone to work when you posted and missed it until now. The highest points on Mendips is in and around Priddy/Charterhouse, there are some lovely walks and lots of public footpaths. Or if you don't fancy trekking cross country and risk getting lost, head to Stockhill Woods just outside Priddy, it's Forestry Commission so you can wander at will. There are broad, hard surface paths that criss cross the woods or you can wander off through the woods, plenty of parking there too. The woods are about 280 meters asl, so if it's marginal it's usually snow up there, being mostly conifer, when there's snow it's like walking through an alpine landscape  This is what it looks like up there (don't get excited, this is a couple of years old). 

878_4801979920311_638156859_n.jpg

Edited by jethro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Forgot to say....heavy sleet just outside Keynsham earlier today, turned to plain old rain after about 10 mins. Hubby in Bath reported snow, as did a friend working in Corsham.

If this is as good as winter is going to get then I say roll on spring, bound to get some then

• Like 1

Posted

Nothing much to report here we had some light rain around lunchtime not very exciting and with northwesterly winds forecast for the weekend onwards can’t say I’m feeling optimistic with are chances.

• Like 1

Posted

Jealous of all the reports of accumulating snow I'm seeing just 2 or 3 counties over.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
6 minutes ago, TomW said:

Nothing much to report here we had some light rain around lunchtime not very exciting and with northwesterly winds forecast for the weekend onwards can’t say I’m feeling optimistic with are chances.

Same here.  

4 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Jealous of all the reports of accumulating snow I'm seeing just 2 or 3 counties over.

I know I am so jealous and annoyed that once again it's the midlands getting the snowfall, when is it ever going to be only the south-west!

• Like 1

Posted

Pictures from relatives in Oxford:

image.thumb.png.3335e72d53d13d1929a374acde58ced3.png

image.thumb.png.0a9ec6cf3e5707f4c81d46e06b2f986e.png

They tend to get extremely lucky with snow, this is a picture from that M4 north slider in December 2017.... absolutely tonnes

image.thumb.png.362b9808d08e08016b0f741d74968fd9.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Becoming far more favourable for snow now there’s nothing to be seen. 2.2°C

Posted

1.7°C now, here's hoping for some ppn to spike up out of nowhere but fat chance

Posted

Popped into Reading after it snowed here. Roads were clear. Went into Wickes and spent about half hour looking at kitchens and bathrooms. When we came out the car was under a good cm of snow and it was really coming down. Getting out of town was a nightmare, traffic very heavy and roads slippery, but unusually the countryside is relatively clear.  

I've just heard the M40 is barely passable up at Stokenchurch.  Chilterns getting their annual dumping!

-1c already. Ice will be a huge problem by morning. I have a steep drive and my neighbour opposite has parked his car directly opposite. Take it he'd like it written off

Edited by Frosty hollows
  • Like 2

Posted

Come on people ONLY 5 weeks to Spring, let's not be glum...we just have to get all this weather indecision nonsense out the way and a fresh season, with fresh flowers, fruit, vegetables, mosquito's, bee's and tourists will soon begin..:clapping:

• Like 1

Posted

If the Brecon Beacons didn't exist, I would be very happy right now.  Unless that little shower in Wales becomes heavier, we won't see a thing.

image.thumb.png.b6fd6ec6d51eabce744fda500471d466.png

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

I've just heard the M40 is barely passable up at Stokenchurch.  Chilterns getting their annual dumping!

For those seeking a thrill 

• Like 2

Posted
24 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

I'm so glad him indoors doesn't work there any more. The journey home involved the Stokenchurch cutting and Watlington hill

A workmate called me from the office in Stokenchurch at 5pm to say that the buses had stopped already and that he couldn't get home to High Wycombe.

I suspect that he's settling in on a colleague's sofa about now.

Posted

Good inch of snow at home (Haddenham, Bucks) made the 2 half hours stuck on m40 worth it (kind of )

• Like 1