Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Same here, got down to 1.5°C but now back up to 2.3°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Well, temperature dropped here again, 1.7°C!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A rather dreich day here for the most, other than a few minutes of sun at sunset.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

Well, so much for a cold snap it was more like monsoon season around here yesterday.  We had a shower that developed yesterday afternoon and just didn't move, there's a video of the rivers of water that closed the roads in a village near me yesterday on the Wessex FM website.

www.wessexfm.com/news/dorset-news/2786340/flooding-in-portesham/

Edited by microclimate
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
1 hour ago, microclimate said:

Well, so much for a cold snap it was more like monsoon season around here yesterday.  We had a shower that developed yesterday afternoon and just didn't move, there's a video of the rivers of water that closed the roads in a village near me yesterday on the Wessex FM website.

www.wessexfm.com/news/dorset-news/2786340/flooding-in-portesham/

That's  a crazy video

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Phew - skies have cleared again, temp going back down. Met Office has me down for a low of 2°C and WXSIM says -1°C. We've already got to 0.7°C, so the Met Office was wrong.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Cloudy here. Temperature has been hovering just under 2.0°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

0.4°C

Looks stunning outside - clear and the moon is lighting everything up as if a giant LED is switched on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun
5 hours ago, Mapantz said:

0.4°C

Looks stunning outside - clear and the moon is lighting everything up as if a giant LED is switched on.

When I went outside to put something in the bin at 2:45am it was so light it was like dawn. I could see for miles and can't remember ever seeing a night as bright as this one.

Temp at 6am 5.1C with a Dew Point of 3C. That's a bit milder than expected although it is mostly cloudy.

• Like 1

Posted

Well unless I looked in the wrong direction, I can't see any moon, got up early to view the blood moon and all I can see is blood(y) cloud :wallbash:

So back on the ground it's Temp: 1.8 °C & Dew Point: 1.2 °C with mist patches

Posted

I looked to the WSW (I heard that’s the direction to look in?) but it was cloudy, so that’s a shame. Currently 2.7°C with an overnight low of 1.3°C

Posted

NMM see's showers behind the front that passes through which could provide some of us with a few snow showers

nmm_uk1-42-35-0.png?21-06

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Zephyr said:

NMM see's showers behind the front that passes through which could provide some of us with a few snow showers

Yep, tonight into the early hours of tomorrow might provide a surprise or two! Widespread ice warnings in place from the Met Office, so clearly the temperature is going to be there or thereabouts. Showers as always will be hard to nail down until nearer the time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
2 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Am I right in saying it will be more of a westerly wind direction compared to the early hours? Maybe don't have to worry about Henry the hoover on the Welsh mountains.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

Am I right in saying it will be more of a westerly wind direction compared to the early hours? Maybe don't have to worry about Henry the hoover on the Welsh mountains.

Yes I was thinking thee' 'ole welsh mountains might hoover them up also showers looking like they will be moving SSE, not sure if the WRF-NMM took it into consideration or not. The 6Z has streamers setting up by the looks of it coming off the Irish sea. HIRLAM at +48 is very different also as is the ARPEGE.. And... EURO4

nmm_uk1-42-36-0.png?21-12hirlamuk-42-48-0.png?21-11arpegeuk-42-48-0.png?21-1219012306_2106.gif

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms /Snow

Cloudy 5.7°C.....feels a lot colder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

The sun briefly came out not long ago but otherwise it’s been a cloudy and cold morning. 5.1°C

Edited by matt111

Posted

It’s trying to brighten up here but hasn’t really done so yet. 5.5°C

Posted

Cloudy for most of the day par a few sunny spells mid-morning. Reached 5.2°C, currently 4.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Almost brings a tear to my eye that this is what we were seeing 3 days ago.  

image.thumb.png.cc0fa8da5c7abd05e2d531bb4a7d91fe.png

• Like 1