Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

already looking forward to spring. It's bright, sunny and fairly mild. With the evenings drawing out and becoming lighter, i'm getting that 'spring' feeling, even got a bit of Spring cleaning done this afternoon

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Temp managed to get up to 8.4°C. 14mm of rain today and it looks like more is developing to my South.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Well... that cold spell disappeared quite quickly. Odds on the ECM producing a BOOM chart next? 

At least I'm going to the Alps for snow in Februrary now because I can't be bothered to be in the UK in winters like this.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Cold spell is still likely, it's just not meeting a lot of people's expectations, due to the fact that they take operational runs too seriously. There's still huge uncertainty from day 5 onwards, so I wouldn't get too hung up with what is being posted in the model thread.

viewimage.thumb.png.0e63fd3160f6b2e3e8ca75f65dcc4f1e.png

I just take a day at a time, that's good enough for me.

Just an edit; When I say about what's being posted in the model thread, I meant the usual suspects with their moans about how an operational run has 'flipped'.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted

Worra naff ol day, spent the time fiddlin about and figuring out the nuts & bolts of the Davis I bought. Steel pole arrived this week so can at least get things out there now, as SW appears to be running. So back to the fun stuff, Temp: 5.9 °C & Dew Point: 5.5 °C, which suggests the RH97% as no surprise. Rainfall wise, looking at around 14mm since it first started to rain..

Posted
56 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Cold spell is still likely, it's just not meeting a lot of people's expectations, due to the fact that they take operational runs too seriously. There's still huge uncertainty from day 5 onwards, so I wouldn't get too hung up with what is being posted in the model thread.

Just an edit; When I say about what's being posted in the model thread, I meant the usual suspects with their moans about how an operational run has 'flipped'.

Interesting +ve swing there for late Thursday..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

True, it can be very misleading in there sometimes and part of me still believes there will be a cold spell, but the endless IMBY people and contradicting posts really confuse me sometimes. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

True, it can be very misleading in there sometimes and part of me still believes there will be a cold spell, but the endless IMBY people and contradicting posts really confuse me sometimes. 

Certainly does make it hard going in there, you can have you choice of anything from one extreme through the middle of the road to the other extreme, whilst it's good to see people air their views, I do wish sometimes people would just apply some savvy rather than shooting from the hip. Anywayz, that damn area of rain seems to be stuck in a whirlpool over Poole bay as just doesn't want to B... off.

• Like 1

Posted

I found the BBC forecast amusing earlier this evening with Chris Fawkes talking of showers through today in Central Southern areas.

It’s actually rained nonstop from before dawn and is still drizzling now. There’s been some heavy bursts mixed in and I have 13mm in my gauge.

Obviously not the wettest day ever but a right soaker and the most rain in one go since 23rd December.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

A day for the bin, damp and dull with light rain for most of the day. Top temperature today of 7.2°C, currently 6.2°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Re: the latest model output. Yes, I want snow as much as the next person. But I could live with cold zonal for the time being, temperatures in mid single digits and some nice sunny days and clear nights. It's the next best thing, better than SW'lys!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
28 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Re: the latest model output. Yes, I want snow as much as the next person. But I could live with cold zonal for the time being, temperatures in mid single digits and some nice sunny days and clear nights. It's the next best thing, better than SW'lys!

Second that. ?? We need a bit of chilling.. ( as do most in that M thread) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 hour ago, jtay said:

I imagine @karlos1983 is bouncing off the walls at the moment, but not 'cos the ECM is offering more jam tomorrow. 2-0.

I’m really happy, thought we were going to get beat!

Posted

And so the drizzle continues...Just been outside, I'm sure I can hear Karlos singing after his team pulled a flanker of a result....

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
14 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

And so the drizzle continues...Just been outside, I'm sure I can hear Karlos singing after his team pulled a flanker of a result....

You have good hearing lol I’ve been in Frome this afternoon and evening. Heading back now  

Posted

I see the MOD thread and Model Banter thread have been closed whilst the mods decide where to go from here. I feel for them I really do. It’s been the worst I have known it these past couple of days.

How a bit of frozen water or lack of turns some people towards sniping at each other really is sad. I love snow as much as most who frequent this forum but there is more to life than this surely?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dull all day with light rain on and off, particularly this morning. Reached 6.6°C, currently 5.2°C.

Posted
1 hour ago, bathweatherwatcher said:

I see the MOD thread and Model Banter thread have been closed whilst the mods decide where to go from here. I feel for them I really do. It’s been the worst I have known it these past couple of days.

How a bit of frozen water or lack of turns some people towards sniping at each other really is sad. I love snow as much as most who frequent this forum but there is more to life than this surely?

I know it makes me quite sad as I know everybody wants to get a long but they let this get the better of them. Everyone is nice in the regional threads though

On a bright note: we have the happy reaction back!

• Like 2

Posted

Currently 5.7°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Woken up to a temp of 3.2

No rain as of yet, but a poorly toddler means won't be getting out in the dry cold weather. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Woke up to 1.3c this morning ( 6 ish)  now temp has dropped to 0c (07:15)  the moon looked beautiful with a pinkish colour to it . Hopefully get a glimpse of the blood moon tomorrow  morning.

Posted

Morning All, seemingly drier this morning than yesterday, as we dry out, but still overcast (hoping this cloud lifts for tomorrow mornings lunar Wolf moon eclipse). Anyway right now its Temp: 1.9 °C & Dew Point: 1.3 °C after an earlier overnight low of 1.0 °C with RH96%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Winter rolls on, any hope of snow Tuesday?

It looks a little wet to me but it is first chance maybe of this chilly spell?