Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Briefly flirted with sub zero last night but up to 4C already, so on the borderline of cold spell territory here. Certainly not expecting anything wintry.

Posted

Was down to 1c at midnight and stayed there till about 3:30am with the NE and Easterly wind.
Temp has been on the rise early morning.
Now 4.9c, Wind has moved to Southerly and SE direction, 6mph, 1017 hPa.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Radar says its raining but actually it's doing nothing, still bone dry at the mo. 

Posted

As most others, what appeared to be a cold start to the night, faded as the cloud rolled in. Currently Temp: 6.1 °C & Dew Point: 0.6 °C & 1016.3 mb

Posted

Some real classic 80s cold & snowy charts showing on the 06z gfs for the west country, one of these days such charts with count down to T0! 

• Like 1

Posted

Huge potential for lots of frontal snowfall in our part of the world, might be time to start stocking up on a few essentials such as bread, milk and copious amounts of booze.

Good stuff.

image.thumb.jpeg.2fedd57e9c6cc8c7fb3fb4f22ca896ba.jpeg

CCED3F35-403F-428D-8C03-EB60B9CDE3B0.png

2A48CFF1-9B7C-4B8A-8225-57262C98687B.jpeg

Edited by Bazray
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
18 minutes ago, Bazray said:

Huge potential for lots of frontal snowfall in our part of the world, might be time to start stocking up on a few essentials such as bread, milk and copious amounts of booze.

Good stuff.

CCED3F35-403F-428D-8C03-EB60B9CDE3B0.png

Oh my word, doesn't get much better than that.:shok:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Snow shovel assembled. Thin cloud here with some brightness. 7.2c.Humidity 67% Rh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It got to -1.1°C this morning. Currently cloudy and windy. Temp 6.2°C

I'm still not entirely convinced by these epic charts, particularly the operational runs. They are overdoing it somewhat.

Colder weather looks odds on but i'm standing well back with regards to anything else - my bias is more for my location of course.

Posted

Latest from the Met

UK Outlook for Saturday 2 Feb 2019 to Saturday 16 Feb 2019:

The cold weather will continue as we head through the first half of February. There is a greater risk of seeing snow at lower levels as well as on the hills. Some drier and brighter periods are possible in the northwest, but in the south there is a chance of weather fronts approaching which bring a risk of rain, sleet and perhaps significant snow at times.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Coldest night for some time last night with a low of -1.0°C. Cloudy and feeling cold despite the temperature being 6.3°C. 

Posted

A repeat of Dec '81 would be nice, multiple low pressure systems dumping a fair bit of snow. 

Time to stock up on extra food for all the wildlife that visits my garden everyday, just in case the weather does get bad. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Not a drop of rain yet today in spite of the radar showing it moving this way earlier on, a lot went north rather than north east and, although the radar showed light rain here at tone point, nothing reached the ground.  Suspect it won't stay dry for much longer.

Posted

Looking forward in the near future to hopefully getting into the stage where we all congregate in our regionals and get down to some radar watching. Here are a few saved from Feb / March 18 to whet the appetite, all snow circulating in the low to the channel. Epic times.

Could be a memorable spell coming up soon also, everything crossed.

image.thumb.png.2f8a6ee467f615ebf228f6ce30699609.pngimage.thumb.png.bd3bfbe21a53e5e6d62013a616d4b918.pngimage.thumb.png.c6828cda1c3828943ad36f6a52e2fa5d.pngimage.thumb.png.a0f21ff986309361ab1b7e3c8949017d.pngimage.thumb.png.ada80d3fb72d617987c13112f388a0cf.png

Edited by Bazray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

The sun shines. The wind is blowing more. 7.9c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

A high of 6.3°C today with variable cloud and my sunny spells.

This was the scene in the village 6 years ago today!0AD69260-6227-4781-A392-4A2964273756.thumb.jpeg.bdf37907e8859979302bf22ec90ec82b.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

image.thumb.png.667c9bcf703867d1c227f853fcb13130.png

?️

Edited by Leon1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
10 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

A high of 6.3°C today with variable cloud and my sunny spells.

This was the scene in the village 6 years ago today!0AD69260-6227-4781-A392-4A2964273756.thumb.jpeg.bdf37907e8859979302bf22ec90ec82b.jpeg

I remember that day! I spent all of it being sick inside  That was the last proper snow fall before March 2018.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
4 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Ah cold rain

image.thumb.png.6f096350f4a733f125b7bfb85a24971e.png

How nice...

I’d assume as it’s on the back edge the next frame might be different. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

GFS has been showing that with snow on the backedge of the rain for Monday night/Tuesday morning for a few runs now, nice. But I'm not going to take precip charts in face value just yet

Posted
4 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

GFS has been showing that with snow on the backedge of the rain for Monday night/Tuesday morning for a few runs now, nice. But I'm not going to take precip charts in face value just yet

Agreed. I think it'll just be a cold wet mess for us on Tuesday. Whenever there's that much of Westerly component to the wind direction, it's just horrible. Might see a few flakes on the back edge though.

You're better placed anyway, as you've got 60+ metres on me.

I'm sure we'll be fine as we move through next week and beyond.

• Like 1