Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

A nice sunset today. 

Yep, the old clearance just before it gets dark trick.

P1012621_sm.thumb.jpg.b2af7cbbc07e5eb199583afdda6208b8.jpg

Roll on tomorrow. ?️

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Good sunset here too.

P1040135 (800x502).jpg

P1040138 (800x513).jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Evening

Temp went from 9.4°c at 1pm to 5.8°c at 2pm after 1.6mm of Rain fell as the cold front passed over, we also had a lovely sunset here this evening!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

A bit far out like any forecast, but take a look at what WXSIM is forecasting from Tuesday next week.. 

https://warehamwx.co.uk/wx3in1.php

Cold with cold rain/sleet for most?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
9 minutes ago, Mark Parsons said:

Cold with cold rain/sleet for most?

Yes lol

Well, it's beginning to sniff something out - let's hope it continues?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Meanwhile it’s 5.0°C here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

About to rain and it is 4.6°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dropped to 5.4°C earlier but now rising again. Up to 6.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

Evening all - we all getting ready for the arrival of proper winter? I'd rate chances of snow on Tues/Weds at around 25% for the initial passage of the trough because I suspect we will be a bit too far west and the trough not disrupted enough...but I'll go for closer to 50-60% for Weds/Thurs as the easterlies kick in. Amounts up for grabs. I'll be disappointed if Friday comes and we haven't had at least a cm of something....could do with the ground cooling down substantially first.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

5.3°C...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
12 minutes ago, Catacol said:

Evening all - we all getting ready for the arrival of proper winter? I'd rate chances of snow on Tues/Weds at around 25% for the initial passage of the trough because I suspect we will be a bit too far west and the trough not disrupted enough...but I'll go for closer to 50-60% for Weds/Thurs as the easterlies kick in. Amounts up for grabs. I'll be disappointed if Friday comes and we haven't had at least a cm of something....could do with the ground cooling down substantially first.

WXSIM predicts this for my location on Wednesday night. Small upgrades on each update.

I'm just looking forward to some cold weather to be honest, anything else is a bonus.

374945729_D6D624E6-9968-4CB0-9DF0-4DD3CE736D67.png.thumb.jpg.86207b65ee44d4d60bc54ddcb0c80740.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Whenever I see comments in the mod thread that say something along the lines of 'snow for many' I'm guessing means snow everywhere but the south west? Hopefully I'm wrong but that's often what that phrase means lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
6 minutes ago, Smartie said:

Whenever I see comments in the mod thread that say something along the lines of 'snow for many' I'm guessing means snow everywhere but the south west? Hopefully I'm wrong but that's often what that phrase means lol

I see a lot of snow charts posted for the 'whole country' with rain for the west country. A bit marginal at moment currently for our region. Beast from the east would be better than a northerly.

Sleet outside at near 300m tonight I guess it is a start. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
3 minutes ago, Nights King said:

I see a lot of snow charts posted for the 'whole country' with rain for the west country. A bit marginal at moment currently for our region. Beast from the east would be better than a northerly.

Sleet outside at near 300m tonight I guess it is a start. 

Yeah I commented on someone's post the other week when he said the charts showed a country wide snow event, yeah everywhere but the south west, he thought I was 'a bit sore' because I said what I did which wasn't the case, his post was incorrect and I let him now it!

Not sure how accurate the BBC forecasts are since they ditched the met Office but the last one I saw on bbc news 24 showed snow moving across parts of our region from that band coming in on Friday, it did snow rain afterwards but at least some  could see  some of the white stuff before the weekend, your in a prime location I would say to see some. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, Smartie said:

Yeah I commented on someone's post the other week when he said the charts showed a country wide snow event, yeah everywhere but the south west, he thought I was 'a bit sore' because I said what I did which wasn't the case, his post was incorrect and I let him now it!

Not sure how accurate the BBC forecasts are since they ditched the met Office but the last one I saw on bbc news 24 showed snow moving across parts of our region from that band coming in on Friday, it did snow rain afterwards but at least some  could see  some of the white stuff before the weekend, your in a prime location I would say to see some. 

As has been commented many times on here, the Beeb forecast is "Just for fun.."

Posted

Mornin All, I'm glad a placed a windscreen cover on the car overnight, whilst not frosty it was covered in ice from a recent rain shower that has frozen on the cold surfaces, saving some useful scraping time this morning.

Currently Temp: 2.6 °C & Dew Point: 1.7 °C, with clear skies I suspect it will drop a tad more before sun up.

Posted

A clear and cold start this morning. Currently 3.3°C still falling

7 hours ago, Smartie said:

Hi take heart from this from met office from 6 day outlook i just read this morning, there will be a higher risk than usual of snow at lower levels, even in the south. sounds promising 

Posted

Beautiful patterned frost on cars this morning, reminds me of childhood mornings pre double glazing. Never quite worked out how/why it forms but it is lovely to see.

Posted
52 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Beautiful patterned frost on cars this morning, reminds me of childhood mornings pre double glazing. Never quite worked out how/why it forms but it is lovely to see.

Comment on a BBC article:

The patterns are the result of very tiny imperfections in the glass, such as scratches, specks of dust and salt, or the residue from washer fluid. These variations in the surface affect the way that the ice crystals form and branch out, forming the beautiful patterns.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted

My single glazing is just steamed up with condensation so lucky you