Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Last March will take some beating!!! That was insane...

It was. A couple of decent snowfalls, ice days even here by the coast and freezing rain all in the space of a couple of days. Then another decent snowfall later in the month

Still you're in a better location now than back then.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Yet another mild night, hardly dropped from what it was during the day. 9.4°C

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Good morning, currently 6.4°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Good lord it's sunny!

Posted

Blue skies here which is nice after the gloomy last few days. 9.5°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A bit unfortunate here. It's clear blue skies one direction and a veil of cloud in the opposite one. The movement of the cloud seems to be in sync with Earth rotation, meaning that the sunshine isn't here.

672936629_Annotation2019-01-08130057.thumb.jpg.921942550577a0fed62c898211039cc5.jpg

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
22 hours ago, Leon1 said:

It's gone from 16 days away to 10 days away in a time span of 12 days. That means, if I can still do maths that if it keeps being pushed back at the same rate, we will get very cold weather on... 

the 27th January! Remember you heard it here first lol! 

You may yet prove right ....

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Same here, Mapantz.  Blue sky has been tantalisingly close to overhead for several hours but never quite making it.

Views to NE and SW a couple of minutes ago.

P1040125 (800x600).jpg

P1040126 (800x600).jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Milky sunshine today. Temp 10.2°C.

Bargain of the century arrived!

20190108_121613.thumb.jpg.b0cb1168d795a23d7baf302c26382403.jpg

oooooh wow! how much was that!!!! 

They are like Rocking Horse Poo!

Posted
2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

oooooh wow! how much was that!!!! 

They are like Rocking Horse Poo!

Got it new for £99.95

The 4000 series was superseded by the 5000 series so old stock was going cheap. The nearest price I can find on other sites is £300. When it came out in 2015, it was over £700. I'm well chuffed! Tons of measurements on it, including a compass/altimeter/barometer etc. 

My 3000 died on me, after 12 years. I didn't want to get anything too expensive, so when I found the 4600, I couldn't resist it.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Got it new for £99.95

The 4000 series was superseded by the 5000 series so old stock was going cheap. The nearest price I can find on other sites is £300. When it came out in 2015, it was over £700. I'm well chuffed! Tons of measurements on it, including a compass/altimeter/barometer etc. 

My 3000 died on me, after 12 years. I didn't want to get anything too expensive, so when I found the 4600, I couldn't resist it.

they do wetbulb as well don't they?

awesome find! nice work 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Currently 7.6°C - high of 8.2°C today. Partly cloudy skies and some nice sunshine all day

Posted

Clouded over for a bit just not but the suns back out now. The temperatures dropped a bit now, currently 7.8°C

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

they do wetbulb as well don't they?

awesome find! nice work 

Yeah. It does the wet bulb global temperature and the natural wet bulb. It has a data logger built in too, so you bring graphs up on it or send the data to a PC.

• Like 1

Posted

Temperature is dropping away nicely already, 7.2°C

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Yeah. It does the wet bulb global temperature and the natural wet bulb. It has a data logger built in too, so you bring graphs up on it or send the data to a PC.

You'll be the go to person locally then when winter comes round... I mean soon

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Karlos, if you are looking for one, I have found one, on believe it or not Amazon, and it's only  £2.80 postage....just here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00BO0L522/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

• Like 1

Posted

After a few milder nights, it's back to cold again tonight, down to 2.9°C at the moment. 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Everything is brightening up in the MAD thread. Although I firmly believe this very cold spell will happen now, I've promised myself not to get excited until this time next week as it is still a long way off. If it all goes wrong, which I'm sure it won't because everything has always pointed to late Jan, Feb and Mar being cold, the MAD thread will go mental! That's the main thing I'm worried about. One thing I know is there is a chance of there being a model wobble along the way which will derail the thread and then you know what. I just want these next week to 2 weeks to be gone; I NEED MY SNOW FIX!!! AND NOT JUST FROM YOUTUBE VIDEOS!!!

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Everything is brightening up in the MAD thread. Although I firmly believe this very cold spell will happen now, I've promised myself not to get excited until this time next week as it is still a long way off. If it all goes wrong, which I'm sure it won't because everything has always pointed to late Jan, Feb and Mar being cold, the MAD thread will go mental! That's the main thing I'm worried about. One thing I know is there is a chance of there being a model wobble along the way which will derail the thread and then you know what. I just want these next week to 2 weeks to be gone; I NEED MY SNOW FIX!!! AND NOT JUST FROM YOUTUBE VIDEOS!!!

The wait is the worst!

• Like 1