Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Deprived of a frost due to the cloud. Was yesterday a dream?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Our last chance for probably a few weeks if we get this cold January everyone on the Model thread is discussing, but people like me who live in the cities might have to wait a long time to have another clear night that is forecast to be 3 below freezing...

I recorded a -6c on February 28th this year which would've given a hoarfrost but it was cloudy then aswell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Got down to 4.8°C at 8am again after jumping around all night. Up to 5.5°C now, cloudy rubbish 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

MetO had me down for -2°C this morning. It didn't get below 3.4°C due to cloud. It is beginning to break up here, a few sunny spells appearing. Temp 5°C.

This day last year saw a record gust of 53mph.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Grey dry day. 5.2c. Humidity 61% Rh. 

1043 hPa. Easterly breeze light 4 mph. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

5.3°C here now but still cloudy however I can see some brightness to the south believe it or not

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
3 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

5.3°C here now but still cloudy however I can see some brightness to the south believe it or not

Same here, but clearing from the south-west and the sun is just starting to peak through. Finally...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Nowhere near a frost last night with a low of 3.7°C. Cloudy all morning and still cloudy now but looking brighter with a few breaks appearing. 5.4°C 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

3.8°C low overnight and then a reversal of yesterday's weather, grey and gloomy morning and now the sun's out, albeit with dark grey to the N and NW.  Currently 5.8°C

Posted

I can see the sunset in the distance... because of the clouds it looks like a great big orange glow like a fire.  

Posted

Down to 3.8°C - it’s still cloudy so not putting a wager on frost tonight!

Posted

2.8c here. There was clear skies in the distance at sunset so now it's just a waiting game...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Saw the sun for a few minutes this afternoon but that was it, otherwise its been another cloudy day. Reached 5.5°C, currently 3.1°C. 

Posted

Down to 1.1°C now, easily the lowest it's been at this time of day for a long time.

Posted

Does anyone know of any cloud maps for the UK so I can see if this is going to clear as I was optimistic on at least a frost earlier but it's still cloudy. Watching the clear sky illustration on the Met Office website be pushed back once an hour is infuriating!!!

Posted
11 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Does anyone know of any cloud maps for the UK so I can see if this is going to clear as I was optimistic on at least a frost earlier but it's still cloudy. Watching the clear sky illustration on the Met Office website be pushed back once an hour is infuriating!!!

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/uk-cloud-cover-forecast/#?tab=map&map=Cloud&zoom=7&lon=-2.95&lat=51.11&fcTime=1546502400 If the MO is anything to go by, most of the cloud inland will be clear by 3am. Well thankfully we've got partly cloudy skies here now and I can even see a few stars! Currently 1.8°C

• Like 1

Posted

13 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/uk-cloud-cover-forecast/#?tab=map&map=Cloud&zoom=7&lon=-2.95&lat=51.11&fcTime=1546502400 If the MO is anything to go by, most of the cloud inland will be clear by 3am. Well thankfully we've got partly cloudy skies here now and I can even see a few stars! Currently 1.8°C

You're not too far from so hopefully it will start to clear for me earlier. I've had a go turning all the lights off upstairs and looking out the windows but only saw one star lol!

2.2c here.

Edited by Leon1
  • Like 1

Posted

Surprisingly it's suddenly dropped to 0.2°C here.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

-0.6c here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

1c here in Newport IOW

Posted

Finally the first air frost of the winter here. -0.1°C. :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, matt111 said:

Finally the first air frost of the winter here. -0.1°C. :yahoo:

YAAAAAAAAAAY! 

Skies finally cleared up now and temp dropping. 1.4°C

• Like 1