Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

First air frost of the year! -0.3°C. pressure close to a new record too. 1044.85 to beat, currently at 1044.36.

Still climbing here, currently @1044.6mb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not quite low enough for an air frost last night with a low of 0.9°C. Would’ve been nice if it was sunny now but it’s not. Quite a bit colder than recent days though at 5.4°C

1044.3 hPa here earlier this morning. 

Edited by matt111

Posted

After today’s lovely frosty clear start it’s now back to normal business here with overcast skies the only difference being the colder temperatures. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

5.1°C after a high of 5.9°C earlier - only got down to 0.5°C overnight so not quite a frost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've just finished concreting a 3m 4" x 4" post in to the ground. The digging was easy but would've been nicer in some sunshine. It's like being in Eeyore's ear today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

MO reckons it’ll clear up over the next few hours.. but saying that, they also forecasted sunny spells all day!

71BD69BE-54F4-4995-8D97-20488E4B124B.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Been a bit of a miserable day here, back to the cloudy skies we’ve had plenty of recently. Main difference is it feels much colder, reached 5.8°C. 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

0.8°C min overnight, enough for the car windscreen to be frozen.  Went down to West Bay this morning with sunshine and blue skies all the way and virtually all the way back.  We could see the band of cloud inland as we came up to the A 356 from Beaminster and it overtook the blue at home by 13.00.  Max today has been 5.1°C about two hours ago.

P1040117 (800x600).jpg

Posted

Currently 4.8°C, hasn't moved much in the past hour

Posted

Hmm, the forecasty thingy for here suggests gross forever..

image.thumb.png.994756517f9434e21e01cfb4c02a0915.png

I'll be going in to hospital tomorrow so a lot more to concern me than clouds right now....but at least when I do come home it will be.......cloudy...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Very disappointing it clouded over after such a lovely crisp start, can't say I have much faith in the forecast for tomorrow either now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Something i've noticed with today's forecast.. Last night it was showing clear skies all day and for all of tonight. When it went overcast, the first icon changed to overcast, but it showed the full sun icons through the day. As each few hours passed, the current icon went to overcast, it has been doing it all day. It is still showing clear skies from 9pm onwards. It's supposed to be blue skies tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath. The longer outlook still looks cloudy and non descript. I'd give anything for a deep low to come through, at least there would be some sunshine with showers rattling on through after it passed.

Posted

It’s gone back up to 5.0°C and it was supposed to be clear after 5pm..

268C7879-E977-46E8-B318-95C10D325988.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

I have a really horrible gut feeling that we won't have one nice, crisp day this week. *sigh*

Originally (according to the forecast this morning) it was forecast to be -2c already but it's still 4! And cloudy!

Edited by Leon1
  • Like 1

Posted

Temperature not really moving here.. 4.8°C

Posted

2.6C and overcast skies might manage a ground frost at best unless the cloud can shift overnight.

Posted

Still 4.2°C here under the cloud. Not really dropping much at all at the moment. 

Posted

Has been jumping around 5.0°C - Still Cloudy so not dropping

Posted

Morning All, it's.....no let me confirm....yes it's cloudy today. As the temperature has flat-lined for most of the night, it is, as it has been for some time with the Temp: 3.0 °C & Dew Point: -0.6 °C, RH77% @ 1042.8mb

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

And the never ending cloud continues to hang around! 4.8°C currently

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

That was a bad call. 6 degrees above what was forecast right now and still that horrible cloud. It needs to clear tonight if we want a chance at getting some frost.