Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Dull here still but we had some brightness earlier. Current temperature 9.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Unfortunately the brighter weather didn’t last here, it’s back to dull again at the moment. At least it’s dry. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
17 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Unfortunately the brighter weather didn’t last here, it’s back to dull again at the moment. At least it’s dry. 

Sure good thing it’s not drizzling again!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
4 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Sure good thing it’s not drizzling again!

That’s about the only good thing.  

Posted
8 minutes ago, matt111 said:

That’s about the only good thing.  

Not quite true. Family meet @ Alum Chine with our hounds and a walk along to the Pier and back, with a hot Chocolate stop on the way back, and time for the grand kids to play @ Alum Chine. Peregrine Falcon hovering over the cliff between Durley Chine & the Pier attracting a lot of attention.A lot of good things going on, oh an some brave folks swimming in the sea (quickly I might add!)

Boxing Day constitutional in the warm sun, always welcomed after Christmas Day, and didn't disappoint this year..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Temperature falling, 9.2°C now after a high of 9.7°C earlier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Another WXSIM page done!

https://warehamwx.co.uk/wxall.php

I had a lot of errors to fix as the author of the script made it to work on PHP 5.*, whereas I use PHP 7.2 on my server.

I'm seriously impressed with how WXSIM works. I have been doing a lot of reading up on how to tweak things etc. It's a bit mind boggling, but it has been producing some pretty accurate forecasts.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Another WXSIM page done!

https://warehamwx.co.uk/wxall.php

I had a lot of errors to fix as the author of the script made it to work on PHP 5.*, whereas I use PHP 7.2 on my server.

I'm seriously impressed with how WXSIM works. I have been doing a lot of reading up on how to tweak things etc. It's a bit mind boggling, but it has been producing some pretty accurate forecasts.

Interesting outputs, will watch keenly to see how it performs. Is the 3in1 output having a problem?

Posted
Just now, Dorsetbred said:

Is the 3in1 output having a problem?

Yes. 

I have this in the file so it shows the error output on the page..

ini_set('display_errors', '1');

There were literally thousands of those, but I managed to fix them. I'll take a look at the remaining ones later on.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Yes. 

I have this in the file so it shows the error output on the page..

ini_set('display_errors', '1');

There were literally thousands of those, but I managed to fix them. I'll take a look at the remaining ones later on.

Looks a really good job on what you have produced...

Posted

Another dull cloudy day apart from briefly this morning. Reached 9.7°C at midday before dropping a bit through the afternoon. 

Posted

Mostly cloudy. 5.6°C now

Posted

Watch out:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/1063740/UK-Weather-forecast-snow-chart-Europe-Met-Office-New-Year-beast-from-east-BBC-winter-news

Spoiler

''UK Weather: SHOCKING chart shows SNOW CLOUD from Europe heading to Britain in New Year''

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, CheesepuffScott said:

Watch out:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/1063740/UK-Weather-forecast-snow-chart-Europe-Met-Office-New-Year-beast-from-east-BBC-winter-news

Reveal hidden contents

''UK Weather: SHOCKING chart shows SNOW CLOUD from Europe heading to Britain in New Year''

So it's a "snow cloud" this time instead of a "wall of snow". 

Posted

Someone's on the sherry in the hunt for cold thread.. 

Edited by CheesepuffScott
  • Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Someone's on the sherry in the hunt for cold thread.. 

Well it's improved the mood in there.  

• Like 1

Posted

Reached a maximum of 9.7°C, low was 5.5°C just before midnight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, hope you all had a good Christmas. Weather here was dry but cloudy for the big day, gave way to rain overnight, yesterday was 100% cloud, never really getting light but it stayed dry and it was lovely to walk the dogs without getting soaked. This morning however, if it wasn't for the temperature, you'd swear it was a summer morning, blue sky with low level mistiness that in summer would burn off quickly to leave a brilliant day. Looks promising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Makes a nice change to have a sunny start. Cooler too starting at 02.8C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Very foggy here in the valley. But warmer than most of you at 4.7c

Posted

Low of 3.6°C last night, the lowest for some time. Switch the numbers round and you get the current temperature. Also the first time I’ve seen blue sky for quite a while albeit with mostly cloudy skies now. 

Posted

Temp got down to 1.8°C this morning. The dew was so heavy that the lawn looked like frost - still there now.  Sunny spells and 5.4°C currently.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Thick fog here since about 03.00.  A very, very brief glimpse of a very, very hazy sun for about half an hour just after midday, now even thicker than it was earlier.  Completely fuggered up our idea of going to the coast for the day.  Currently 5°C and feeling bitterly cold out there.  Staying in and keeping warm.