Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
6 hours ago, matt111 said:

Blue skies to start the day here, wonder how long it’ll stay dry today. 10.1°C

Matt, I would think looking at the radar this will have been answered by now!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dry and mostly cloudy after the sunny start apart from a shower just now giving 0.4mm. Reached 11.3°C earlier. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, Dorsetbred said:

Matt, I would think looking at the radar this will have been answered by now!

Ha I posted at the same time as you. Yes just now is the answer. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Lying in bed and can hear the rain on the roof. MAKE. IT. STOP.

Posted

Raining.. again. Just as a few hints of things drying out appeared it rains again. Temperature up to 11.0°C.

Posted

Has somebody turned the rain off today? It's not raining....yet. This month so far seems to have turned in a fair bit of the crystal liquid, @Mapantz are we near record breaking down here yet, given we still have another 10days to go?

Posted

Really gusty out there so far this morning, have had a few smashed pot plants to clear up lol.

Netweather Live figures suggest pretty widespread gusts of 40+ mph, can well imagine that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Another 14mm fell from that rain event. Total for the month is now  174.6mm.

Had a 40mph gust early this morning, but since then it hasn't been particularly windy Wind speed is 11mph.

Currently sunny spells and 11.4°C

I have my new weather data ready to input in to the wxsim software that I bought. If all goes well, I should be showing accurate forecasts very soon. Also, it can provide thunderstorm probabilities too. Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

Posted

Do you have a rain magnet or something over there @Mapantz. Lately you’ve been ending up with dramatically higher totals than me. Just the 4.0mm here last night. 

Posted

Mostly cloudy although the suns out at the moment and dry. 11.3°C now although it got up to 12.1°C through the night. 

Posted
12 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Do you have a rain magnet or something over there @Mapantz. Lately you’ve been ending up with dramatically higher totals than me. Just the 4.0mm here last night. 

It seems to be that way Matt. I do check it against my manual gauge to make sure, and it's always bang on with that!

RainDay.thumb.png.ec91af6250f01093d8cf846b4fe1030e.png

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, matt111 said:

It's his micro climate!, certainly way more than we had here, a mere 9.4mm, but that's still more than you!

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

10mm from yesterdays showers / overnight, as with other places it is very gusty today but bright too. I have put bedding on the line to see if it dries in the constant wind, would be amazing for it to dry seeing as there's no sun on it. Yoyo temperature too today ; started at 12.9c, dropped to 9.4c around 10.00 and back up to 11.2c now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

A beautiful afternoon with mostly sunny skies

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

A beautiful afternoon with mostly sunny skies

Same here now. Nice to see for a change. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Hopefully tomorrow stays dry, need to do some last minute Christmas shopping. Last weekend was a washout in Southampton!

Posted
17 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Hopefully tomorrow stays dry, need to do some last minute Christmas shopping. Last weekend was a washout in Southampton!

Your wish is my command. Abracadabra thou shalt remain dry in Southampton...:santa-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted

Just saw Sarah Farmer from South Today Weather outside Salisbury Cathedral. I was just about to ask her if it was going snow at Christmas, but her phone rang.

Saw Sally Taylor and Tony Husband too, which I believe is the South Today Triple Crown.

• Like 1

Posted

I was there earlier and seen 3 people with a tripod camera set up but I'm pretty sure that was someone else!

Posted

I've finally got wxsim up and running! A very complicated piece of software, but also clever.

https://warehamwx.co.uk/wxsimforecast.php

I've got it scheduled to run 4 times a day, so it pulls in the data from the GFS shortly after each run has come out. It also uses my own data, metar data, synop data, climate data from the Met Office stations at Bournemouth, Weymouth and Exeter. It also uses data from 224 surface advection sites as well as 3 RAOB sites for sounding data.

I will be doing more tweaks and finding other scripts to convert the data it produces, but so far, i'm impressed with the forecasts. They are literally about as 'local' as you could possibly get.

Edited by Mapantz
spelling
  • Like 2