Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted

Nice dry morning after that day of constant rain that finished around 7pm. A total of 26.9mm.
December rain is up to 65mm, November was 106mm.
Temp high yesterday was 10.6c at 8pm. Was windy during that SE rain and windy spell, 18-25mph with most gusts 30mph and a few that hit 36mph.

This morning its dry, no rain since 7pm yesterday.
Was 9.4c at midnight, a low of 4.7c at 7am
Now, 6,9c, wind is very light, blue skies, 1007.5 hPa

Not much of a wintry forecast for Christmas here, up to Christmas Eve is breezy with light rain most days, 7c to 12c temps. Then from Christmas Day and the rest of that week, sunny days, a gentler breeze with 6c to 11c temps.

Edited by lettice
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

A mere 15.2mm here to 09.00 today, really thought that it would be more.  Temp reached the dizzy heights of 11.1°C yesterday afternoon, currently 7.8°C and some showers pulsing up from the south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy and dry start to the day and much milder than yesterday morning was. 10.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Raining again. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Turned very wet here this afternoon after a dry morning. 4.2mm so far. 

Posted

So this weekend I’ve managed half a day of dry weather, very wet all day yesterday followed by a wet afternoon today. 6.4mm so far today, 35.2mm for the weekend. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

i waited for the countryfile week ahead forecast just now

wish i hadn't bothered !! - soon as i saw the 'mild ramper' guy

Posted

Stopped raining now with 13.0mm in total today. 86.4mm so far this month. 

Posted
2 hours ago, matt111 said:

Stopped raining now with 13.0mm in total today. 86.4mm so far this month. 

Similar amount here today @ 12.9mm, and the month now standing @ 91.3mm.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Making the most of the sunny skies before the Atlantic rolls in again

Posted

Sunny start after the monsoon over the weekend and before the next one tomorrow. 10.0°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Unless something drastic changes in the next fortnight, December will definitely be the most boring month of 2018. This Atlantic weather is so arduous - at least November's Atlantic weather brought thunderstorms and hail showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Good afternoon!

A lovely sunny first half of the day, managed 4.4 hours of sunshine. Temp maxed at 11.8°C.

Posted

Like clockwork it clouded over around lunchtime just like the sunnier days last week did. Still at least it’s been dry apart from a brief light shower first thing. Reached 11.1°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Afternoon, it's not been a bad day here, appreciating the dry but sadly it's just a brief respite, more incoming tomorrow. Looking on the bright side, at this time of year I won't be getting wet at work as I'll be busy in the greenhouse, made this today to go in the white garden at work, tomorrow I'll be making garlands and dressing fireplaces - all indoor work

48407076_10216068300433210_1755371529220128768_n.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
On 16/12/2018 at 15:07, Bristle boy said:

Lashing it down again. A very 'normal' Winter looms for our region.

Indeed, with the UKMO’s latest 15-30 update leaving the door ajar for mild, wet and windy for the first half of January rather than the cold nirvana so eagerly being searched for in the ‘hunt for cold’ thread. New title but still the same old MAD thread with the sniping kicking off in there again this afternoon. Very sad.

For what it’s worth I’m sure we will find the cold at some point this winter but when and how severe for our region is anyone’s guess. I think we can just about rule out the rest of December now.

Posted
7 minutes ago, bathweatherwatcher said:

Indeed, with the UKMO’s latest 15-30 update leaving the door ajar for mild, wet and windy for the first half of January rather than the cold nirvana so eagerly being searched for in the ‘hunt for cold’ thread. New title but still the same old MAD thread with the sniping kicking off in there again this afternoon. Very sad.

For what it’s worth I’m sure we will find the cold at some point this winter but when and how severe for our region is anyone’s guess. I think we can just about rule out the rest of December now.

Agreed. I mentioned the Iberian heights (and Russian High) as spoilers in there a couple of weeks ago and got shot down. I'm inclined to re-enter the 'blind leading the blind' thread to say "told you so" but will refrain.

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Bristle boy said:

Agreed. I mentioned the Iberian heights (and Russian High) as spoilers in there a couple of weeks ago and got shot down. I'm inclined to re-enter the 'blind leading the blind' thread to say "told you so" but will refrain.

You got shot down because you weren’t keeping to the script. Sadly most don’t appear to learn from previous winters so will go on chasing cold based on FI charts. Other than parts of Scotland, it really does take a lot of things to come together for most of the UK to see appreciable snowfall; especially in our part of the world.

Posted

Still 10.4°C and probably not going to drop much overnight ahead of tomorrows deluge. 

• Like 1

Posted

Staying mild tonight with a temperature of 10°C right now.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All, Groundhog Day today as more of the clear liquid falls on an already soaked garden, with a few hours more to come.

Currently Temp: 9.7 °C & Dew Point: 7.8 °C.