Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
Just now, Leon1 said:

Seen 6 shooting stars tonight.

I was just posting about that myself ..

Went out for a quick smoke and saw 4 within a couple of minutes. I lump of cloud rolled in after! I'll have another gander just before I head to Bedfordshire.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

On the rise here as well now, went down to 1.4°C an hour ago but now it's up to 1.8°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Going down again ⬇  

1.3°C 

Posted
1 hour ago, matt111 said:

So when the charts show the M4 they really mean M40? Someone must've missed off the 0 when programming the models. 

Yes!

The M40 will always be the barrier here because of the topography of the area.  It cuts through the Chilterns and we sit in a hollow below. Anything N/NNE will not make it passed 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sharp frost, down to -2.6C, shame it's a one hit wonder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, lovely sunrise this cold and frosty morning, feeling wintry out there.

Posted

A low of 2c at 7:30am
Was 2.7c at 3am and 2.2c at midnight after that big drop in temp started late afternoon yesterday at 3pm when it was 6c.

Now 2.2c, (windchill -1.3c, -2c dewpoint) 1021.1 hPa, ENE 8-11mph wind.

Posted

No frost here this morning with an overnight low of 0.7°C. Cloudy and cold now. 3.9°C

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

None here either, min was 1.1°C.  Cloudy morning but now some blue and sun and temp at 4.5°C, but the niggling wind's still there.

Posted

No sun here, just cloudy and cold. 4.9°C 

Posted

Amusing contrast in temperatures this morning then, I'll add in a minimum of -2.1c around 08.00 . The coldest day since Beast#2, currently 2.6c and cloudy with bright patches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Met Office:

UK Outlook for Saturday 29 Dec 2018 to Saturday 12 Jan 2019:

"The start of this period is most likely to be unsettled with the continuation of wet and windy weather pushing in from the west. Through the first half of January there is an increasing likelihood for it to turn colder bringing the increased risk of winter hazards, especially frost and fog. Some snow is also likely with temperatures expected to fall below normal. However, there is uncertainty in the timing of this change to turn colder, and it could come before the end of December."

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Met Office:

UK Outlook for Saturday 29 Dec 2018 to Saturday 12 Jan 2019:

"The start of this period is most likely to be unsettled with the continuation of wet and windy weather pushing in from the west. Through the first half of January there is an increasing likelihood for it to turn colder bringing the increased risk of winter hazards, especially frost and fog. Some snow is also likely with temperatures expected to fall below normal. However, there is uncertainty in the timing of this change to turn colder, and it could come before the end of December."

Yes as I posted in the other thread I don’t think I’ve seen a Met Office outlook that good before. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
3 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Yes as I posted in the other thread I don’t think I’ve seen a Met Office outlook that good before. 

Neither! I find it funny how when they say 'winter hazards' they don't really mention snow mainly because they don't want the nation to go into panic before it could even happen lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Started off frosty with clear skies this morning. Cloud built during the morning and we were left with a mostly cloudy afternoon

Posted

Temp managed 6.7°C here. A perfect day to finish off clearing the last of the leaves and a general clean up of the garden. I still have some fencing to do, but I didn't want to concrete any posts in due to strong winds tomorrow.

Posted

Reached 5.0°C here but stayed cloudy all day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

It's been the best day in quite a while here, definitely chilly but sunny for most of the day. Shame it's turning dung again tomorrow.

Posted

Reached 3.9c today and the pond ice never melted with frost staying all the day in the shaded areas.

Temperature already dropping quickly now at 2.9c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Looks horrible tomorrow, but if the models are anything to go by, looks like there's something a bit cooler coming again towards the end of next week  hurry up! Also I'm liking the MO long range update today, best I've seen yet but not going to count my chickens before they hatch.

Edited by CheesepuffScott
  • Like 1

Posted

Does anyone use the software wxsim for a website or just in general?

After doing some reading, I think i'm going to purchase it, as it produces some extremely good forecasts.