Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
7 hours ago, stevofunnelcl said:

if you want to see some amusing. go to met office website, under location, put: princetown, devon

look at sun, and monday

a bit overdone with thunder?

all the storm chasers will be heading there, if that really happens

2 days of storms? Really?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Milder tonight under cloudy skies. 8°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Morning, starting off bright with a temperature of 8°C - I expect it to turn cloudier pretty soon though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Another sunny start although more cloud in the sky to start than the last couple of days. 8.4°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Afternoon, actually saw the sun here today which made such a nice change, now back to cloudy again. Feeling noticeably colder and quite breezy too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Just watched the Met Office ten day trend video and put my finger on where I lived during the rain and snow graphics Friday and Saturday and the snow band stretches all the way down to where I live?! It will probably end up being a bit of a nowcast event like December 10th last year.

Also just found this on Metcheck... beautiful

image.thumb.png.289fc7885077d4fe53e2b36386e019c8.png

Edited by Leon1

Posted
21 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Just watched the Met Office ten day trend video and put my finger on where I lived during the rain and snow graphics Friday and Saturday and the snow band stretches all the way down to where I live?! It will probably end up being a bit of a nowcast event like December 10th last year.

Also just found this on Metcheck... beautiful

image.thumb.png.289fc7885077d4fe53e2b36386e019c8.png

Really? With a 10% chance of rain AND a suggested total of 0.2mm, with a snowfall symbol, that sounds like a single snowflake for that sort of depth..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
3 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Really? With a 10% chance of rain AND a suggested total of 0.2mm, with a snowfall symbol, that sounds like a single snowflake for that sort of depth..

Still it would at least count for a white christmas? I think I heard somewhere that rainfall in mm roughly equates to about that much in cm for snow. Don't know if it was true or not but I would love snow for Christmas.

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Still it would at least count for a white christmas? I think I heard somewhere that rainfall in mm roughly equates to about that much in cm for snow. Don't know if it was true or not but I would love snow for Christmas.

Here's the formula to help with the conversion:

At a given point, snow depth (hs) is related to SWE by the local bulk density (ρb :

i1525-7541-11-6-1380-e1.gif

where depth is measured in centimeters, density in grams per centimeters cubed, ρw is the density of water (1 g cm−3), and SWE is measured in centimeters of water.

It depends on many factors and does therefore change according to temperature and snow density(i.e. type), suggesting it can vary anything between 15:1 down to 5:1.

Simple way to calculate it wwwit http://www.csgnetwork.com/snowraincvt.html

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

viewimage.thumb.png.f7432d1ba9ac98782c37698b416d37f9.png

Weirdly, it's not worth posting the next frames. lol

Let me guess, no don't spoil it for me..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

image.thumb.png.d133816def459e938135171cd41244e8.png

It's also giving summer 2012 a run for its money 

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Lol! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
37 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Looks like an awful summer coming up then. Better make the most of the winter.   

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, matt111 said:

Looks like an awful summer coming up then. Better make the most of the winter.   

Was it you who I said I would send a photo of the xmas lights on our street to. If so, here you go!

XyKZfjHBeUhwT9fQCpQN1EgYpKqXX9bOuR8azyxhKr9t_J4G1FRSWLRp1k9WhbxNb_L_sirshdG2RCjB5KDQNMsteZPzq1uXQJaLcxTrsgBgClx7Yabod-Yg9Iwe9j1Fj86rJdA-SHgxjEKFiLQilGTfBV5Vgu07lA-WE0HlW7o6DFkZOAPU_TSc5TRny73DNRflZQHCzmMPRcw5uiblhKtjnX_JXL62kW96zDYabAZnqTN7rNutCrjUVBfbyQJwLS0wCFIY4SA7J4r3lkQDjEO2IkfFu1-vZNEjnRSJzQN36SctHXxG6snXCgG7dZw8JJjGWEd1vO8eaGYkC0rPmippSe44_r2I94UNdvJZgRKKqbUS-Q_xdVfuWFIQ5p9IBDa7qMbiGqpfREeUJtRHtJ64es9opN2mz2Syp3RlHJXaN3HuiArjcQuDiWlaNio_0UdcsF5_aTX7O3MPVvi4ypMji8qTf5RJmaJcon73SRPgj0rVnlEbH844G9KFw9Z9VE6x5UiGx-vmvp3syHruUAMglxyVlD4dFurjgV3cFEFu5DM60AluOABlafIjJJ2SEWHuOK_prN9UAuJtyz_KfYkt_yiHS-D2_0IH0Dht3iki1r5_t08V30hLYK9jmppzScvrHsRnRZFbJ5FbOv6V44raZA=w546-h969-no

• Like 1

Posted

Looks wet Saturday, am planning to go down to Southampton fwiw but I'd much appreciate it if it stays dry for when I'm there at least!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

3.5c here, and having just walked back from the village shop, it definitely feels it!

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Leon1 said:

Was it you who I said I would send a photo of the xmas lights on our street to. If so, here you go!

XyKZfjHBeUhwT9fQCpQN1EgYpKqXX9bOuR8azyxhKr9t_J4G1FRSWLRp1k9WhbxNb_L_sirshdG2RCjB5KDQNMsteZPzq1uXQJaLcxTrsgBgClx7Yabod-Yg9Iwe9j1Fj86rJdA-SHgxjEKFiLQilGTfBV5Vgu07lA-WE0HlW7o6DFkZOAPU_TSc5TRny73DNRflZQHCzmMPRcw5uiblhKtjnX_JXL62kW96zDYabAZnqTN7rNutCrjUVBfbyQJwLS0wCFIY4SA7J4r3lkQDjEO2IkfFu1-vZNEjnRSJzQN36SctHXxG6snXCgG7dZw8JJjGWEd1vO8eaGYkC0rPmippSe44_r2I94UNdvJZgRKKqbUS-Q_xdVfuWFIQ5p9IBDa7qMbiGqpfREeUJtRHtJ64es9opN2mz2Syp3RlHJXaN3HuiArjcQuDiWlaNio_0UdcsF5_aTX7O3MPVvi4ypMji8qTf5RJmaJcon73SRPgj0rVnlEbH844G9KFw9Z9VE6x5UiGx-vmvp3syHruUAMglxyVlD4dFurjgV3cFEFu5DM60AluOABlafIjJJ2SEWHuOK_prN9UAuJtyz_KfYkt_yiHS-D2_0IH0Dht3iki1r5_t08V30hLYK9jmppzScvrHsRnRZFbJ5FbOv6V44raZA=w546-h969-no

Don’t think so. Nice lights by the way.  

• Like 1

Posted

5.9°C here although it doesn’t feel like that with a cold breeze. 

Posted

Had to fire the heating up.

• Like 1

Posted

These are the sort of the days I’d like to see if we can’t have SNOW

37E40FF8-EA23-4388-90F6-137B89A57849.thumb.jpeg.297c2e4569ad8712c33423f7a3658335.jpeg

Edited by CheesepuffScott
  • Like 3