Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
20 minutes ago, leedsnowfan said:

Whats going on down there...seen 68 and 82mph gusts at Portland??

Strong gusts in the showers here so I guess more so there given how exposed it is. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
1 hour ago, CheesepuffScott said:

It will obviously be downgraded.. but looks like next Friday could be... blowy

No chart available for the selected hour. Many charts start at 3 hours ahead, so if you have 0 hours selected try stepping forward or selecting a later hour.

No chart available for the selected hour. Many charts start at 3 hours ahead, so if you have 0 hours selected try stepping forward or selecting a later hour.

If that was accompanied by heavy snow, I'd be a happy bunny. Had more than enough of all this mild, wet muck.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still dodging most of the showers here but it sounds like the winds got up again. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Another downpour here and very gusty again

Posted

Morning, currently dry here with glimmer of blue sky between the clouds, very breezy. Hoping it stays dry, not confident it will though.

Posted

Any ideas why this hasn’t been a named storm? If they’re going to do names then surely they must be consistent.

The wind was roaring around 04.00-06.30 but has calmed recently to a fresh gusty breeze.

Posted

Finally sunny with blue skies after several days without any sun at all. 11.5°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Showers should be long gone by now yet are still going...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

hang on, it's not raining......is this sudden climate change???

• Like 1

Posted

Finally a dry day to help put the Christmas lights up outside. Still feels quite mild although not as mild as it was a few days ago. 10.3°C 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

366 days ago snow fell in our part of the world.  

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

366 days ago snow fell in our part of the world.  

Not here it didn't. :nonono:

Still what came later in the winter made up for it. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
Just now, matt111 said:

Not here it didn't. :nonono:

Still what came later in the winter made up for it. 

Yeah true, technically I wasn't telling the truth as I was about 1 mile away from the snow line just up the hill from me  Grrr

Posted
1 minute ago, Leon1 said:

Yeah true, technically I wasn't telling the truth as I was about 1 mile away from the snow line just up the hill from me  Grrr

I know snow fell inland not that far from here but here it was just very cold rain. The perks of living by the coast. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, matt111 said:

I know snow fell inland not that far from here but here it was just very cold rain. The perks of living by the coast. 

It did snow here but never amounted to more than slush on the cars and slippy grass. Very sad seeing heavy snow fall for 4 hours without any minimal accumulations. But still we had the BFTE and BFTE2.0 so all was good. Hope for lots more this winter...

• Like 1

Posted

Got down to 7.2°C a couple of hours ago but it's risen to 8.6°C now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

From what I can remember we had nothing on that day here either, however we saw a dusting of snow later in the month overnight on the 26th/27th

Posted

Morning, a lovely dry start to the day here and what promises to be a dry day too  Tinged with sadness for me, perfect tree felling weather which is just as well as they're coming to fell my huge Sycamore today  Don't want it to go, will miss it, but it's been condemned as dangerous so has to go. It's what shelters me from the worst of the weather so when it's gone and the blizzards come, there'll be nothing to stop the snow burying my house :oldrofl:

According to Facebook memories, we had snow a year ago today, not a lot, just an inch or so.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Yesterday was the first dry day of the last two weeks.  Bright start, but I can see the cloud gathering to the SW already, not threatening, but still there.