Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy and mild again although dry so far. 12.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Can't get over how mild it feels, almost as bad as 2015.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just as it did about this time yesterday it’s come over very dull again now, only difference is it’s not raining. Who wants mild weather when it usually ends up like this?  

Posted

Isn’t here yet but looking at the radar it’s just about to start doing so. Just to top off another miserable day. 

Posted

Well Jethro,your advice about sharp elbows was correct,however not to get near the stalls at Bath Xmas market,but on the train journey down,packed to the rafters,enjoyed the day but prices reflected the horrendous charges the vendors have to pay.A good friend of mine puts up and takes down the chalets in Salisbury,the rent prices he quoted were eye watering,will return in Feb for the rooftop spa for my birthday,its a lovely city.

Posted

So boring today that since 11am the temperature range has been a whopping 0.4°C. High of 12.3°C with 2.2mm from this evenings rain so far and still raining. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, matt111 said:

So boring today that since 11am the temperature range has been a whopping 0.4°C. High of 12.3°C with 2.2mm from this evenings rain so far and still raining. 

It's a straight line day in paradise...

Posted
3 hours ago, jy said:

Well Jethro,your advice about sharp elbows was correct,however not to get near the stalls at Bath Xmas market,but on the train journey down,packed to the rafters,enjoyed the day but prices reflected the horrendous charges the vendors have to pay.A good friend of mine puts up and takes down the chalets in Salisbury,the rent prices he quoted were eye watering,will return in Feb for the rooftop spa for my birthday,its a lovely city.

Oddly enough I remember doing the Journey from Poole to Bristol on the train last year about the time of the Bath market. OMG, from Bristol we arrived at Bath, and the Hordes descended on to the train. We had Japanese "Pushers" squeezing more people in (I'm sure), they were everywhere, lying flat on the floor stacked 8 high. Never again...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Light rain here after a heavy shower a few mins ago. Wind picking up it seems

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

I’m guessing that was a squal line at 4am. Woke me up it was raining that hard  

• Like 1

Posted

Miserable morning so far today.
12.7c at midnight, 12 c now, 1002.4 hPa falling.
8mm of rain since midnight. Heavy in last few hours.
Wind picked up at 3am, 18-20mph with many 30-35mph gusts.

Did notice some had some low temperatures and frost on Tuesday morning, it only dropped to 3.5c here and no frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning, and what a hideous morning it is too, absolutely piddling down here and so mild.

@jy @Dorsetbred  Oh the joy of getting into Bath. Don't think BANES council do much in the way of joined up thinking, the logic of putting on a big event, attracting 1000's of people and not putting on extra transport is beyond me. Doesn't however surprise me. Their latest 'great idea' is they're going to introduce a congestion charge of £9 a day to come into the city, fine in principle but the Park & Ride and rail systems can't cope as it is, goodness knows what will happen when the charge comes in. I live 14 miles away, hubby works in Bath, journey to and from work at usual commute time, never less than an hour and 15 mins. Getting into Bristol is even worse.

Posted

We caught the squall line square on around 08.00, localised flooding in and around town and a completely pond like back garden for the first time since the crazy afternoon of Friday 13th July. It's clearing now and cooling off quite quickly although still above 8c.

Posted

Sounded lively earlier with heavy rain battering the window and strong winds. Much quieter now. 9.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A lot of rain this morning - 20.2mm. Wind gusted to 39mph, average of 21mph. The first 7 days of December have brought 73mm. The last 11 days has totalled 118.8mm.

Had a sharp shower not long ago, with gusty winds. Quite a drop in temp too. Currently 8.8°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Potent squall first thing this morning. A bright day since with showers again missing my area. Feeling chilly despite still being mild.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

no tidings of good cheer unfortunately.

cold spell coming next week?

not for my location

max and min temps

Mon 10c - 8c Tues 10c - 7c - Wed 9c - 6c - Thurs 10c - 6c

not really any different to today's values.. and milder over the weekend

winds forecast to mostly be coming from the south throughout - what the heck happened to the Easterly?

Posted

@stevofunnelcl it might be that cold these days reads MILD.

I still feel we pay a "price" for long hot dry summers, into milder and accordingly very wet as the Atlantic conveyor really kicks in, which a lot of folks kinda like hope wont happen, but sure enough it does. It's longevity is always the talking point, as is it's ferocity. I always like to see the Atlantic conveyor kick in during late October/early November, as I 'feel' letting it power up in December & Jan just means copious mild and wet, not damp just damn wet. Obvious yes I suppose so, but I always find it interesting with a late arrival of the Atlantic windup, and just how much rain it can bring...

Posted

Still can’t get more rain here than @Mapantz. 13.0mm here mostly from the rain this morning and then topped up by a shower early this afternoon. Dry since then but feeling cooler. 8.3°C

Edited by matt111