Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
Just now, Bristle boy said:

Rotten weather here today. V mild, breezy and rain on and off. Thankfully we're off to the sun and pleasant warmth of Fuerteventura on Wednesday for a week.

I'm jealous! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
4 minutes ago, tomjwlx said:

I'm jealous! 

I'm jealous until it turns cold here! I cannot express how much I hate this sort of weather, would much prefer cold weather.

Edit: We can see who is in the threads again at the bottom of the page! 

Edited by Leon1
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Leon1 said:

I'm jealous until it turns cold here! I cannot express how much I hate this sort of weather, would much prefer cold weather.

Edit: We can see who is in the threads again at the bottom of the page! 

Same deep down I miss the summer already but I also love snow so I'll always be on the lookout for colder weather!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
1 minute ago, tomjwlx said:

Same deep down I miss the summer already but I also love snow so I'll always be on the lookout for colder weather!

Recipe for the perfect British weather that will give you hot summers and cold winters:

Step 1. DESTROY THE JET STREAM

There.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Consecutive days without any sun again. Gloomy and damp all day with drizzle on and off. Reached 13.1°C 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

What a Drizzly rubbish day.. still the Christmas Cinderella at Blenheim was amazing.. definitely recommend! 

Whats the score for tomorrow btw.. not caught up much.. thought I’d read somewhere it could be a bit blustery.. like well what you’d expect from an Atlantic low but just wanted to check I’d not missed anything more major..

E4EB17CA-04D7-4D31-B5D5-8D11290AB8C5.jpeg

049CF78B-8228-4434-AE68-460F18F699D8.jpeg

85054CC4-2C9F-41CC-81C2-00989C043D47.jpeg

8531978C-3BEC-4C2A-B115-B830B3BC90CF.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
34 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

What a Drizzly rubbish day.. still the Christmas Cinderella at Blenheim was amazing.. definitely recommend! 

Whats the score for tomorrow btw.. not caught up much.. thought I’d read somewhere it could be a bit blustery.. like well what you’d expect from an Atlantic low but just wanted to check I’d not missed anything more major..

We went to that last year it is amazing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Maybe when the weather dries up  ^^

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Another mild night, looks like staying dry until the morning- a noticeable breeze though. Currently 11C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
4 hours ago, jy said:

Thanks for your brutal Trip Advisor report on the Xmas alternative that wasn't Jethro,had looked on the internet as it was indoors.Wednesday is looking drier by recent standards,so its on the train,park and ride,then its  March of the Penguins round Bath Xmas Market,got some inside form though,because last year we went to Winchester Xmas Market,for the March of even more Penguins,so shouldn't be too surprised lol.

It was really, really awful. So bad that I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it feature in the Daily Mail, one of those 'they ruined the kids Christmas' stories.

Posted
1 hour ago, Polar Bear said:

I'm  about to book the illuminations. Looks so good

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

After yesterday's drizzlefest, some proper heavy rain incoming this morning.

Posted

Skies are black.  About to tip it down... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Thanks for opening up a new thread @Mapantz. Nice thread.

Quiet in the Midlands thread, so thought I’d sneakily post in here. 

Let’s hope this December (and the Winter in general) can produce some white goodies for the South-Westerners! ❄️

As for the current weather, this is what I think of it,

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Just had a heavy, but short lived, shower here with a very faint rainbow.  Waiting for the following bits to clear before I head out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Wow your thread is quiet @DiagonalRedLine. No weather happening up there?

Another very mild night with a low of 12.1°C. Mostly cloudy now although the suns coming out just as I write this. 13.3°C

Posted

Disgusting out there this morning! Got an absolute drenching in Kingsbridge around 9.00, although thankfully the children got into school before it tipped down.

Wind is really gusty today in Salcombe, I think there's also a slight change in direction as it is really whipping up around the sides of the house, combined with more rain of course...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow
50 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Wow your thread is quiet @DiagonalRedLine. No weather happening up there?

Another very mild night with a low of 12.1°C. Mostly cloudy now although the suns coming out just as I write this. 13.3°C

Nope, been pretty much stuck in the no weather club lol... until today with some very heavy rain.  

Interestingly enough, @Polar Maritime recently posted in there. 

In a similar situation to you with some sunny breaks in the clouds. Rain shield back up and running! (Edit: rain shield starting to fall apart again).

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Ended up with 31.2mm from Saturday's rain. Had a sharp shower this morning bringing December's total to 33.4mm.

I've also recorded the warmest December day on this station too, 14.4°C. It's breezy, but with good sunny spells.

Posted

Goodness, Mapantz, you really got hit over the weekend, total here was 5.0mm and very little from the showers so far today.

Hoping the forecast for tomorrow remains as it is now as I'm going up to Salisbury to meet my sister for the day and don't fancy a wet walk from and back to the station!

Posted

I think a cold front has just gone through as it's cooled off from above 12c all morning to 10.2c after a heavy downpour that's ushered in sunshine and a wind direction change too.