Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Diana - 27th & 28th

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:
1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

It's here ,very wet ,winds variable  at minuite and bitter

This isn’t Diana, just a taster; had enough already though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Diana is currently around 960mb out in the Atlantic

467409677_download(1).thumb.png.ca2d8cd72a00e90b71a433e8b88899ba.png

Sustained winds are peaking at around 70mph with gusts just short of 110mph

2 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Diana is currently around 960mb out in the Atlantic

467409677_download(1).thumb.png.ca2d8cd72a00e90b71a433e8b88899ba.png

Sustained winds are peaking at around 70mph with gusts just short of 110mph

Really lucky (or not so for some of us) escape from this storm that it is actually just starting to fill when it hits Ireland.. Looking at the high RES models somewhere in Southern Ireland on the coast is going over 100MPH and North possible South Wales would want to go for around 89-91MPH Not so lucky.. 

There is a lot going on in the next week or so storm wise.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
10 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Windy but was short lived

Good I'm flying back into Manchester later from Paris.... Don't want it lumpy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Well it’s been rather windy this afternoon and the waves were coming right over the sea-wall on the beach. The good old foehn effect kept it mild and dry here all day though.

If anything tomorrow looks more interesting With a possibly convective cold front in the afternoon. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Wind just gusted to 50 mph which isn't any out of the ordinary for the time of year. 

Posted

Haven't posted here in a long time.

The feature to the southwest has me very interested as I feel the models are playing serious catch up with this feature.

Latest EURO4 looks very concerning for portions of Irish Sea coasts and particularly northern England into the lunchtime.

Looking at latest satellite imagery and the trend of this system, the data sparse region it is passing through I would not be at all surprised to see the system develop more markedly than illustrated by the EURO4.

One to watch tonight.

18112906_2812.gif

18112909_2812.gif

18112912_2812.gif

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, Matty M said:

The feature to the southwest has me very interested as I feel the models are playing serious catch up with this feature.

Latest EURO4 looks very concerning for portions of Irish Sea coasts and particularly northern England into the lunchtime.

Looking at latest satellite imagery and the trend of this system, the data sparse region it is passing through I would not be at all surprised to see the system develop more markedly than illustrated by the EURO4.

One to watch tonight.

18112906_2812.gif

18112909_2812.gif

18112912_2812.gif

That looks horrid for me.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Matty M said:

One to watch tonight.

18112906_2812.gif

18112909_2812.gif

18112912_2812.gif

Couldn't agree more the track is also slightly uncertain too so may be slightly further east than shown.

• Like 1

Posted

Further details:
A weather system will move northeastwards across the UK on Thursday bringing widespread strong winds. Inland gusts of 50 mph are likely with gusts of 60-65 mph in exposed locations around Wales and western England. There remains a small chance that this system will intensify as it moves northeastwards bringing even stronger winds to southwest England, Wales and on into northern England and southeast Scotland. If this occurs, gusts of 70-80 mph could be seen, mainly in exposed locations, bringing increased likelihood of more significant disruption. In either case, winds will moderate by late morning across western England and Wales, then by mid afternoon across northern England and southeast Scotland. Heavy rain is also likely to affect southern and western England as well as Wales, and following on from recent wet weather this may lead to some very localised surface water flooding.

The above is from the MetO weather warning on my local forecast. It's the added sentence (I've highlighted in bold) that caught my attention this evening.
Something to keep an eye on as this develops.
Will affect rush hour traffic and morning commutes across south/west England and south/west Wales based on current predictions.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Chris Fawkes

@_chrisfawkes

Arpege model has trended more powerful low too with 90mph gusts NE Eng/SE Scot as low leaves our shores early Thursday afternoon. Sticking with top gust to 80mph for now.

image.thumb.png.b1c786a348b8a16fd07a87b723560697.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Question. Is the storm force winds tommorow part of Storm Diana?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Taking shape over the Atlantic now, I expect wind speeds will exceed those of today, I’m surprised this storm has no name.... 

F5BC3FDB-9D08-4F85-9E62-9DBD221A1D56.jpeg

B75AE90C-3A40-4C5F-8076-79963876B143.jpeg

Edited by DisruptiveGust

Posted
15 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Secondary  system but seems to have more punch

Yep; this should be Deirdre. 

• Like 1