Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Bristle boy

Transferring from Samsung s5 to s8

Bought a new Samsung s8 yday on contract. Been using my old s5 mini on a sim only for last 3 years. 

New phone bought from mobile phones direct - they act as agents for all major mobile phone co.s.

Anyway i want to switch all files, apps, contacts, etc from my old phone to new. Been on internet to see best way of doing it. There is a Samsung smart app that is supposed to sort and a couple of other ways i've read up on.

Just wondering if anyone can give best advice on this, maybe someone has real recent experience for samsung to samsung device.

Cheers BB

Some files (I can answer) I tried to transfer some stuff from my S5 to my new S9 plus most of it worked except a few things from my memory card but tbh think my memory card was a bit funny. The smart app does work

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NUT said:

Some files (I can answer) I tried to transfer some stuff from my S5 to my new S9 plus most of it worked except a few things from my memory card but tbh think my memory card was a bit funny. The smart app does work

Thanks.

I looked at the app and then the reviews and some users had posted negative comments, so i was a little wary. But good to know you had a good experience of the samsung smart app.

Much appreciated for your reply. Regards

Should have used Apple. Just transferred from iPhone to a newer one. No problems. 

Generally found the samsung  app ok though did seem to lose  some information  in transfer

Edited by Mokidugway

On 30/11/2018 at 15:47, Mokidugway said:

Generally found the samsung  app ok though did seem to lose  some information  in transfer

95% ok in the end. Lost email "sent" history though. But could be a Virgin media email issue.

Spent numerous phone calls to VM over last few days trying to sort but no satisfaction! Been advised by many 'techies' to ditch VM for googlemail, permanently.