Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Images in posts - upload only

Paul

Posted

I've switched back to the old system for the time being due to a bug in the software when quoting posts with images in them. Uploading is still the recommended method to add images to posts though, and will become the only method again once the bug is fixed. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
20 minutes ago, Paul said:

I've switched back to the old system for the time being due to a bug in the software when quoting posts with images in them. Uploading is still the recommended method to add images to posts though, and will become the only method again once the bug is fixed. 

Must be the first time I've ever had a prayer answered, Paul...Maybe there is a god after all?:santa-emoji:

• 1 year later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Has this been changed back to upload only again now as I noticed images aren't being embedded? 

Posted

Yep, they're switched off for now, as we're going to be upgrading the forum very soon which is going to make a change to the functionality on that side. Once that's done, we'll review what options we have with them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

May i strongly oppose this as added faff. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
58 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

May i strongly oppose this as added faff. 

It's been an on/off debate a few times over the years. However, I'm not a fan of directly linking to images as 99% of those images are dynamic charts. This means that within a certain time frame, the chart posted will either no longer exist, or will be the wrong chart in context of the post.

It doesn't affect me as I always upload an image from the devices I use.

Posted

Remote images are working again, but they will only embed from secure (https) pages. As @Mapantz says though, the best route is generally to upload as many chart images and the like change dynamically or are deleted after a period of time, so uploading preserves the one which was intended to be in the post. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Ah yes I haven't posted loads of charts but when I have done I always upload them. Just sometimes for other images it's easier to paste a link. 

Posted

I’m liking the new look of the forum but having a problem seeing an image that was posted in the Scotland thread. Is that because it’s a hyperlink rather than an uploaded screenshot?

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sanserit said:

I’m liking the new look of the forum but having a problem seeing an image that was posted in the Scotland thread. Is that because it’s a hyperlink rather than an uploaded screenshot?

Seems to be an issue with the image itself rather than the site 

Posted

Yeah, unlucky timing was the reason for that image breaking, we had 5-10 mins of image uploads not working when we came back online. Maybe @Norrance could upload it again?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
2 hours ago, Paul said:

Yeah, unlucky timing was the reason for that image breaking, we had 5-10 mins of image uploads not working when we came back online. Maybe @Norrance could upload it again?

Will do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1