Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Sign in to follow this  
Snipper

What were you in the school nativity play?

I was various things. Best bit of miscasting was being Angel Gabriel. 

I did loads of drama at primary school, lots of different roles but gave it up as cringingly embarrassing once I got to secondary, far too shy as a teen to take to a stage.

Best performance I ever saw in a nativity was at nursery school when my girls were little. Big performance nativity, big stage, hired hall, it was a Montessori nursery and they really went for it. To include all the children they had some little boys with breastplate armour, helmets and swords, one little lad seized his moment, scooted to the centre of the stage and waving his sword around, shouted as loud as he could 'Turtle Power'! Full on ninja, brought the house down 🙂

I was always an inn keeper at best. Never an angel :closedeyes:

Bubs made it to Angel status , but also been an narrator and a townsfolk singer/dancer.

They now do a 'concert' in her year and above.

She has the been sent home with the words to practice ( it's years 3-6) and has been singing along with her head phones on her school I-pad.

I recall being forced into a Nativity based play when only about six, I had to be a random animal - it might have been a rabbit.
We had a furry hat with ears sewn on, at the end we were supposed to take off the 'disguise' for the finale but my hat and ears wouldn't come undone so had to go out still a rabbit...
Various audience members pointed and tittered. 😭

4 hours ago, 4wd said:

I recall being forced into a Nativity based play when only about six, I had to be a random animal - it might have been a rabbit.
We had a furry hat with ears sewn on, at the end we were supposed to take off the 'disguise' for the finale but my hat and ears wouldn't come undone so had to go out still a rabbit...
Various audience members pointed and tittered. 😭

Check out Flint Street Nativity. Various celebrities in it playing children 

I’ve got a picture somewhere of me as one of the three wise men but that’s about all I can remember of it. My brother was a turkey in one of his. 

i was one of the three kings..we were miles late on stage as we had disappeared upstairs to watch England v Italy in a world cup qualifier..dad had rigged up a make shift Ariel and used the science lab tv to get the game ..what a leg! 

i was some donkey droppings, i got decent reviews too