Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
jethro

Crafty people

Recommended Posts

I'm not crafty , I couldn't make those gorgeous things @jethro makes, but I like to think I'm creative. For example, when I needed a halloween Costume for work once, instead of just buying a costume, I brought a simple red dress and used glitter paint and stuck things on to make a devil costume. Since Bubs had been having to do tasks for home work I have discovered I love making models and doing the detail. I have done a rainforest, a superhero city, a underwater scene and I have recently  done a volcano and pompeii model. I love the challenge of using simple things like plastic bottles and match boxes to make what I want. 

My models aren't perfect but a lot of love goes into them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one of my models. this was very early on and was a city scene for bubs 'superhero' topic. 

school task.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Dami said:

one of my models. this was very early on and was a city scene for bubs 'superhero' topic. 

school task.jpg

Unusual brick roof , nice,  built a 10 ,000 ton sea wall a few years ago does that count 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Unusual brick roof , nice,  built a 10 ,000 ton sea wall a few years ago does that count 🤔

lol mo. i was being lazy.:P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dami said:

one of my models. this was very early on and was a city scene for bubs 'superhero' topic. 

school task.jpg

That's brilliant!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

i paint

Walls or pictures? I'm a dab hand at the walls, can't paint a decent picture for toffee, far happier doing 3D stuff than 2D.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back from the weekend artisan market, two 6am starts (shock for my system on a Sunday morning!) tiring but I only brought home half of what I took, so a success 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jethro said:

Walls or pictures? I'm a dab hand at the walls, can't paint a decent picture for toffee, far happier doing 3D stuff than 2D.

Yes i'm good at walls too lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's still time to make some of these for Christmas. Get yourself a set of lino cutters (available in craft shops/on-line for about £5) carve shapes into the oranges, thread some string through them from the top, down and out the bottom then thread back through to the top leaving about 1cm between exit&entrance hole. Can also be studded with cloves for extra Christmas smell. Put somewhere warm to dry, top of a radiator is ideal, then hang them on the tree. Or as I do, use them to add colour to mantlepiece displays. Fireplace I did for work last year.

15095656_367004010309091_9202048784281941581_n.jpg

1916750_197702977239196_4090687933613362987_n.jpg

15078999_367004053642420_7311994193069220539_n.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made a rag doll....

20375628_492256071117217_6798005626812701079_n.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like those orange’s they are very pretty, what a splendid idea, I wonder if i can find the time to fit  having a go at that in! The rag doll is very sweet as well! 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bluebell said:

I really like those orange’s they are very pretty, what a splendid idea, I wonder if i can find the time to fit  having a go at that in! The rag doll is very sweet as well! 👍

Course you can, they're really quick to make, no more than 5-10 minutes each one. Just watch your hands, never push a lino cutter in the direction of your hand, always push away or you'll end up with it embedded in your hand, combined with the orange juice.....trust me, it stings like hell!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jethro said:

Course you can, they're really quick to make, no more than 5-10 minutes each one. Just watch your hands, never push a lino cutter in the direction of your hand, always push away or you'll end up with it embedded in your hand, combined with the orange juice.....trust me, it stings like hell!

Ouch, I can imagine, i managed a quite dramatic cut with a mandolin slicer thing so am super careful of sharp blades now. I think I’ll have a go then, thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Ouch, I can imagine, i managed a quite dramatic cut with a mandolin slicer thing so am super careful of sharp blades now. I think I’ll have a go then, thanks!

Ouch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first ever model, almost done. (needed trees as was a rainforest) Showing a waterfall and and abandoned village (due to monster in cave, lol)

 

WP_20160603_11_37_06_Pro.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been doing my best to wear out another sewing machine this weekend, mantlepiece Reindeer.

DSC02741.JPG

14717142_348863932123099_1542492570921193867_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone watch Kirstie's Handmade Christmas? I'm off to buy fake snow tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving the work everyone! Especially the alternative fairies, they are stunning Jethro. 

I do a bit of craft when I manage to get some down time (more over the winter months than the summer) I mainly make bags and cushions and novelty cakes but have just started learning glasswork. Below are a few of my recent projects.

Screenshot_20181130-085749.png

Screenshot_20181130-085923.png

Screenshot_20181130-090139.png

Screenshot_20181130-090336.jpg

Screenshot_20181130-092909.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jethro said:

Did anyone watch Kirstie's Handmade Christmas? I'm off to buy fake snow tomorrow.

Not had a chance to see any this year ☹ It was great last year. Will have to watch it on catch up soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bellanite said:

Not had a chance to see any this year ☹ It was great last year. Will have to watch it on catch up soon.

Loving your work, very talented!       Only started last night so you haven't got loads to catch up on. Love the program, mostly because Kirstie's as dotty about Christmas as I am.

Edited by jethro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jethro said:

Loving your work, very talented!       Only started last night so you haven't got loads to catch up on. Love the program, mostly because Kirstie's as dotty about Christmas as I am.

Thanks lovely ☺ now caught up! My poor family is going to have so many dodgy attempts at what she does 😂 ah well it's the thought that counts as they say!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bellanite said:

Latest creation! 

Screenshot_20181207-002551.jpg

Goodness me, that is absolutely fabulous!  Even some of the bake off contestants couldn't match that 👌

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Snowycat it was for a charity auction and it made £90! I was amazed there was a full on bidding war for it😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...