Sign in to follow this  
TomSE12

Late Autumn/Early Winter "Fantasy" Horse-Racing

I thoroughly enjoyed "hosting" the early Autumn Horse-Racing Competition, with very much an International flavour.LASSIE23 was eventually victorious, after a marathon slog against a very "select" field.

Seriously bitten by the "Fantasy" bug now and would like to "host" another Horse-Racing Tipping Competition but this time focused on the U.K. and Ireland. I will again select some competitive races, over the coming weeks. I plan to start with the BetVictor Gold Cup  (it will always be the Mackeson Gold Cup  to me, it was when I first stared working in the Bookmaking Industry, many moons ago.), meeting at Cheltenham, Sat.17th Nov. and culminating at the end of December, with the Leopardstown Christmas Festival, in Ireland.

I will select the races, as we go. The usual Rules and Format, will apply. On a "race-day", you will be asked to indicate a **NAP**. As in the last Competition, you will be given the choice of,1, Morning Price.2. Starting Price. I will apply the Best Odds Guaranteed system and you will receive whichever of those 2 options, offers the best price about your selection. You will be allocated the usual "virtual", £1 Each Way. I will offer "extended" place terms for the most competitive races and 3 "picks" on those races, from time to time.

I'm hoping I can attract at least a half a dozen entrants, for this Competition. Please let me know if you're interested in entering, by posting your intention, on this thread. Thank you.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:🏇

Apologies to the racing crowd, missed a trick today!! Good racing at Doncaster, Wincanton and Aintree.

Had it in my mind that the November Handicap, was next week.:oops:But it's today at Doncaster(3.15), never fear though, I'll start the next "Fantasy" Horse-Racing Competition at Cheltenham's Cross-Country meeting, on Friday. I'll send out "sticky note" reminders, in a few days time. Sorry, got distracted organising a "weather talk", by Ian Currie.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:🏇

Listed below are the races I've chosen for Part 1, of the Late Autumn/Early Winter "Fantasy" Competition:

LATE AUTUMN/EARLY WINTER  "FANTASY"COMPETITION (PART 1).

CHELTENHAM FRI.17th NOV.

1.15 - SELECTION:

1.50 - SELECTION:

3.00 - SELECTION:

CHELTENHAM SAT.18th NOV.

12.40 - SELECTION:

1.50 - SELECTION:

2.25 - SELECTION:

3.00 - SELECTION:

CHELTENHAM SUN.19th NOV.

1.50 - SELECTION:

2.25 - SELECTION:

3.00 - SELECTION:

3.30 - SELECTION:

I will post up the Racing Post links to the 48 hour declarations for Fridays races, tomorrow morning.

Listed below, are the Format and Rules for the "Fantasy" Competition.

1. You will be placed a "virtual" £1 each way, on each selection, at the horses, S.P.(Starting Price) or TOTE ODDS, you decide which . Your stakes will be returned, in your "virtual"  winnings. E.g A 10/1 winner will give you a profit of £14.50, £11 for the win and £3.50, for the place part. A 20/1 winner, will give you a "virtual" win of £27, £21 for the win and £6, for the place part. A 16/1, placed horse, will give you £5, etc,  etc. E.g A winner on the TOTE may pay £4.20 for the win and £1.50, for the place, giving a total return of £5.70. A winner on the TOTE may pay £9.50 for the win and £2.60, for the place, giving a total return of £12.10 (Including your "virtual" stakes, included.) A placed horse on the TOTE, may pay £5.70, your return will be £5.70 ("virtual" stakes, included.)

2. Losing stakes will NOT be deducted, from your total. Your "virtual" profit, will accumulate, throughout the Competition.

3. Place terms will be as follows: 4 or less runners (All up to win S,P, and TOTE), 5,6,7 runners S.P.,1/4 the odds, 1st and 2nd.TOTE WIN and PLACE, 1st and 2nd Races with 8 or more runners,S.P 1/4 the odds 1st,2nd,3rd. TOTE WIN and PLACE, 1st, 2nd and 3rd.Handicaps of 16 to 21 runners, S.P. 1/4 odds 1st,2nd,3rd,4th.TOTE WIN and PLACE 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th. Handicaps of 22 or more runners, 5th place will also be paid at S.P., NO TOTE returns for 5th. There will also be extended place terms, on larger fields but NO TOTE returns, for extended places.   

4. Any dead-heat occurring, will NOT, result in your stakes, being split!! 

5. Rule 4 deductions of less than 15p in the £, will NOT be enforced.

6. You must post p your selections by MIDDAY, on a daily basis. 

7. You will be asked to nominate a daily "NAP". Please indicate your NAP as follows: **ENABLE**. Your winning "NAP", will have it's SP or TOTE ODDS enhanced by 1 pt. E.G,S.P. Evens, will become 2/1 6/4 >10/4 (5/2), 9/4 > 13/4, 5/2 > 7/2, 11/4 > 15/4 and so on. TOTE ODDS. £1.70, will become £2.70, £2.20 > £3.20, £3.20 > £4.20, £4.20 > £5.20, etc,etc.

8. You must indicate, on a daily basis, whether you want your selections to be settled at S.P/TOTE ODDS.

Regards,

Many thanks to K/WEATHER and FOZ. ^^^^^^^ Apologies, I'm a day out in the dates of Part 1, of the Competition.

Dates should be as follows:

CHELTENHAM FRI.16th NOV.

1.15 - SELECTION:

1.50 - SELECTION:

3.00 - SELECTION:

CHELTENHAM SAT.17th NOV.

12.40 - SELECTION:

1.50 - SELECTION:

2.25 - SELECTION:

3.00 - SELECTION:

CHELTENHAM SUN.18th NOV.

1.50 - SELECTION:

2.25 - SELECTION:

3.00 - SELECTION:

3.30 - SELECTION:

I will post up the Racing Post link to the racecards for Fri.16th, later tomorrow morning.

Regards,

I've had my revenge but i'll give it another go, the only way is down now 🧐

5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I've had my revenge but i'll give it another go, the only way is down now 🧐

Hi Lassie,

Thanks again for your support. The final declarations for Friday's Cheltenham card, are announced tomorrow, I have a hospital appt., in the morning and I'll post up the Racing Post link to Friday's "Fantasy" races at Cheltenham, tomorrow afternoon.

Regards,

CHELTENHAM FRI.16th NOV.

1.15 - SELECTION: DOSTAL PHIL (SP)

1.50 - SELECTION: DOITFORTHEVILLAGE(SP)

3.00 - SELECTION BLESS THE WINGS (SP) NAP

55 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

CHELTENHAM FRI.16th NOV.

1.15 - SELECTION: DOSTAL PHIL (SP)

1.50 - SELECTION: DOITFORTHEVILLAGE(SP)

3.00 - SELECTION BLESS THE WINGS (SP) NAP

Hi Lassie,

Sorry but would you mind if we start the Competition with Saturday's Cheltenham races? I've been at hospital for quite a lot of the day and am totally shattered now. I really don't feel awake enough to start sending "sticky notes" and posting about tomorrow's racing!! If you have a winner tomorrow from those selections, I will send you another "virtual" Pot Noodle voucher!! :oldgrin:

I will post up the Racing Post links to Saturday's "Fantasy" Cheltenham races, later tomorrow morning.

Hope that's ok with you, Lassie.

Kind Regards,

Edited by TomSE12

6 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi Lassie,

Sorry but would you mind if we start the Competition with Saturday's Cheltenham races? I've been at hospital for quite a lot of the day and am totally shattered now. I really don't feel awake enough to start sending "sticky notes" and posting about tomorrow's racing!! If you have a winner tomorrow from those selections, I will send you another "virtual" Pot Noodle voucher!! :oldgrin:

I will post up the Racing Post links to Saturday's "Fantasy" Cheltenham races, later tomorrow morning.

Hope that's ok with you, Lassie.

Kind Regards,

No problem, hope everything is okay with the hospital

Listed below, are the Racing Post links to the first 4 races in the Late Autumn/Early Winter "Fantasy" Competition:

CHELTENHAM SAT.17th NOV.

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/11/cheltenham/2018-11-17/714438

12.40 - SELECTION:

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/11/cheltenham/2018-11-17/714436

1.50 - SELECTION:

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/11/cheltenham/2018-11-17/713941

2.25 - SELECTION:

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/11/cheltenham/2018-11-17/714437

3.00 - SELECTION:

Please Copy and Paste your selections into the orange "field" boxes, provided above.

Please post up your selections by NOON, tomorrow. Thank you.

I will now send "sticky note" reminders, to those members who are entering the Competition.

Regards,

LATE AUTUMN/EARLY WINTER  "FANTASY"COMPETITION (PART 1).

CHELTENHAM SAT.17th NOV.

12.40 - SELECTION:  Cracker Factory (AM)

1.50 - SELECTION: The Young Master (AM)

2.25 - SELECTION: Frodon (TOTE) (NAP)

3.00 - SELECTION: Boyhood (TOTE)

Listed below, are my selections for tomorrow's "Fantasy" races at Cheltenham: 

CHELTENHAM SAT.17th NOV. (ALL SELECTIONS A.M.ODDS).

12.40 - SELECTION: QUEL DESTIN.

1.50 - SELECTION: CALETT MAD.

2.25 - SELECTION: BENATAR.

3.00 - SELECTION: **WEEBILL**(NAP).

Regards,

Listed below, are the Format and Rules for the "Fantasy" Competition.

1. You will be placed a "virtual" £1 each way, on each selection, at the horses, A.M.ODDS(Morning Price) or TOTE ODDS, you decide which . Your stakes will be returned, in your "virtual"  winnings. E.g A 10/1 winner will give you a profit of £14.50, £11 for the win and £3.50, for the place part. A 20/1 winner, will give you a "virtual" win of £27, £21 for the win and £6, for the place part. A 16/1, placed horse, will give you £5, etc,  etc. E.g A winner on the TOTE may pay £4.20 for the win and £1.50, for the place, giving a total return of £5.70. A winner on the TOTE may pay £9.50 for the win and £2.60, for the place, giving a total return of £12.10 (Including your "virtual" stakes, included.) A placed horse on the TOTE, may pay £5.70, your return will be £5.70 ("virtual" stakes, included.)

2. Losing stakes will NOT be deducted, from your total. Your "virtual" profit, will accumulate, throughout the Competition.

3. Place terms will be as follows: 4 or less runners (All up to win S,P, and TOTE), 5,6,7 runners

S.P.,1/4 the odds, 1st and 2nd.TOTE WIN and PLACE, 1st and 2nd Races with 8 or more runners,S.P 1/4 the odds 1st,2nd,3rd. TOTE WIN and PLACE, 1st, 2nd and 3rd.Handicaps of 16 to 21 runners, S.P. 1/4 odds 1st,2nd,3rd,4th.TOTE WIN and PLACE 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th. Handicaps of 22 or more runners, 5th place will also be paid at S.P., NO TOTE returns for 5th. There will also be extended place terms, on larger fields but NO TOTE returns, for extended places.   

4. Any dead-heat occurring, will NOT, result in your stakes, being split!! 

5. Rule 4 deductions of less than 15p in the £, will NOT be enforced.

6. You will be asked to nominate a daily "NAP". Please indicate your NAP as follows: **TIGER ROLL**. Your winning "NAP", will have it's SP ODDS or TOTE ODDS enhanced by 1 pt. E.G,SP ODDS. Evens, will become 2/1 6/4 >10/4 (5/2), 9/4 > 13/4, 5/2 > 7/2, 11/4 > 15/4 and so on. TOTE ODDS. £1.70, will become £2.70, £2.20 > £3.20, £3.20 > £4.20, £4.20 > £5.20, etc,etc.

7. You must indicate, on a daily basis, whether you want your selections to be settled at A.M.ODDS or TOTE ODDS.

Your selections MUST be posted up by NOON, on each race day. Thank you.

Regards,

CHELTENHAM SAT.17th NOV.

12.40 - SELECTION: CRACKER FACTORY (AM)

1.50 - SELECTION: SINGLEFARMPAYMENT (AM)

2.25 - SELECTION: JAVERT (AM) NAP

3.00 - SELECTION:WEEBILL (AM)

Listed below, are my son ANTONYBR7's selections, for today's "Fantasy" races. All selections are at morning prices (A.M.Odds).

CHELTENHAM SAT.17th NOV. (ALL SELECTIONS A.M.ODDS).

12.40 - SELECTION: QUEL DESTIN.

1.50 - SELECTION:VINCENTE.

2.25 - SELECTION:KING'S SOCKS

3.00 - SELECTION:**ANTEROS**(NAP)

Regards,

Both KIRKCALDY WEATHER and myself have chosen a non-runner My non-runner is BENATAR(2.25). My substitute selection is KALONDRA. K/WEATHER's non-runner is THE YOUNG MASTER(1.50). I have sent K/W a "sticky note". He can substitute another selection by MIDDAY. If he doesn't, I'll put him on the returned S.P.Favourite

Regards,

Tom.:hi:🏇

Listed below are the **Morning Prices** (A.M.Odds), for all today's selections in the "Fantasy" races:

12.40 - QUEL DESTIN - 11/2, CRACKER FACTORY - 7/1

1.50 - SINGLEFARMPAYMENT - 5/1, CALLET MAD - 7/1, VICENTE - 7/1.

2.25 - KALONDRA -  4/1, KING'S SOCKS - 8/1, FRODON - 18/1, JAVERT - 25/1.

3.00 - WEEBILL - 5/1, BOYHOOD - 6/1, ANTEROS - 9/1

Regards,

Listed below, are tomorrow's "Fantasy" races at Cheltenham:

CHELTENHAM SUN.18th NOV.

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/11/cheltenham/2018-11-18/714443

1.50 - SELECTION:

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/11/cheltenham/2018-11-18/714442

2.25 - SELECTION:

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/11/cheltenham/2018-11-18/713942

3.00 - SELECTION:

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/11/cheltenham/2018-11-18/714444

3.30 - SELECTION:

Selections must be posted up by NOON, tomorrow. Thank you.

Regards,

I will post up any "Fantasy" returns from today's races, later on today.

See post above^^^^^^^^, for tomorrow's 4 "Fantasy" races at Cheltenham. Please post up your selections by NOON, tomorrow. Also please remember to indicate a **NAP** and whether you want a morning price(which will be guaranteed) or TOTE Odds. Please post up your selections by NOON, tomorrow.
Regards,

CHELTENHAM SUN.18th NOV.

1.50 - SELECTION: Claimantakinforgan (TOTE)

2.25 - SELECTION: Le Prezien (NAP) (AM)

3.00 - SELECTION: Storm Rising (TOTE)

3.30 - SELECTION: Anytime Will Do (AM)

Listed below, are the Virtual Winnings for today's "Fantasy" races:

12.40 - 1st QUEL DESTIN 11/2(A.M.ODDS) - £1 E.W - V/W = £8.88.                                                                                            2nd CRACKER FACTORY 7/1(A.M.ODDS) - £1 E.W - V/W = £2.75.

1.50 - 4th SINGLEFARMPAYMENT 11/2 - £1 E.W - V/W = £2.38

2.25 - 2nd FRODON TOTE £4.10 - £1 E.W - V/W = £4.10.

3.00 - 2nd BOYHOOD TOTE £2.70 - £1 E.W. - V/W = £2.70.

I'll post up a Current Standings table, after tomorrow's "Fantasy" races.

Listed below, are tomorrow's "Fantasy" races at Cheltenham:

CHELTENHAM SUN.18th NOV.

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/11/cheltenham/2018-11-18/714443

1.50 - SELECTION:

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/11/cheltenham/2018-11-18/714442

2.25 - SELECTION:

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/11/cheltenham/2018-11-18/713942

3.00 - SELECTION:

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/11/cheltenham/2018-11-18/714444

3.30 - SELECTION:

Please Copy and Paste your selections into the orange "field" boxes above. 

Please remember to **NAP**, one of your selections and indicate if you want a Morning Price(A.M.Odds),which will be guaranteed, so you will receive whichever is the bigger price, A.M. or S.P. or TOTE Odds.

Selections must be posted up by NOON, tomorrow. Thank you.

Regards,

•  

•  

As the Cheltenham races are really small, I'm going to include the 2,40 FONTWELL. it's also on TV.

CHELTENHAM SUN.18th NOV.

1.50 - SELECTION:

2.25 - SELECTION:

3.00 - SELECTION:

3.30 - SELECTION:

FONTWELL

2.40 - SELECTION:

I've sent KIRKCALDY WEATHER a "sticky note" to ask him for a selection in the 2.40 Fontwell, too. 

Regards,

Listed below are my selections for tomorrow's "Fantasy" races:

CHELTENHAM SUN.18th NOV.(ALL AT A.M.ODDS)

1.50 - SELECTION: DYNAMITE DOLLARS

2.25 - SELECTION: LE PREZIEN

3.00 - SELECTION: DEYRANN DE CARJAC

3.30 - SELECTION: ITCHY FEET

FONTWELL

2.40 - SELECTION: **WIZARD'S BRIDGE**(NAP)

Regards,