Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

3 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

Amongst all the angst surrounding the will it or won't it snow, sometimes its nice just to enjoy the here and now. Was an amazing cold afternoon dog walk on Esher Common the light was golden and hopefully a frost tonight to look forward to !!

JPEG image-27BA6CBE91A9-1.jpeg

JPEG image-D20719FF14E0-1.jpeg

JPEG image-10F9972A883D-1.jpeg

Typical of clear polar air behind a cold front in winter - low pollution and beautiful light.

Just now, Ed Stone said:

What did you expect, Chris - it is the Hunt for Cold model thread, after all, and any run that predicts an imminent Snowmageddon, is always 'on the money'. The fact that both the GFS 06Z and this arvo's ECM were 'smelling the [same] coffee', doesn't seem to matter: and anywho - points mean prizes!😁

I've retracted that part of the post.😉

New GFS looks interesting for snow potential tomorrow, pretty close miss for me in London I guess but for those in East Anglia in this forum it might be a nice surprise 

A398A718-DA63-446E-8DB7-C3E996C68C7A.jpeg

Not to worry, this for next Thursday is screaming with snow shower potential for us lot on the 18z GFS

Hope still there 🙂

4D12B2EE-F9A1-406E-9F99-0E6F98E70FB2.jpeg

Ramping in the regionals! Yassssss!

My fave time of the year.

I’ve come here to RAMP!!!! 🥳⛄

I just hope it doesn't go belly up,and I hope for an imby perspective,it delivers a bit more than the beast from the east last feb-march

Well for the purposes of ramping, the MOD thread, yes sometimes prone to exaggeration, is coming out with fantastic lines for our region about this 18z GFS. My favourite is “the SE is getting clobbered”

Hi All, another year and it's looking like it's time to start lamp post watching again 😁

I love this site, the community and the model and regional threads provide lots of entertainment.

Fingers crossed after a short roller coaster over the next few days things settle down and GH from cold to colder to freezing and lots of lovely ❄️

Not too shabby a GFS run.

Plenty of interest through next week and the some serious cold by the weekend?

Everyone is going mad and all I see is a slight ENE component and thats alot of east Anglia out the game like last year. meanwhile Kent and Essex coast will be buried! We need it to be more east south east.

As always patience is needed. Those posters who I have great respect for are suggesting a possibly long and potentially cold spell really starting next weekend and going on through much of February.

If that happens then in time I expect everyone will benefit from the white stuff 😁

Ooooo it's getting exciting, eh?!😃 Short to mid term and longer term..... all just cold cold cold with lots of snow potential!!! Hoping I can sit back and watch it all mature and unfold..... and not unravel!!!😂x

Just realised this is my 10 year anniversary in this forum lol ⛄🎂

Hopfully a year we won’t forget! Bring on next weeks sleepless nights lamp post watching

1 hour ago, James Gold said:

“the SE is getting clobbered

Us lot in the SE do enjoy a good clobbering (of snow)

2 hours ago, Dbarb said:

Everyone is going mad and all I see is a slight ENE component and thats alot of east Anglia out the game like last year. meanwhile Kent and Essex coast will be buried! We need it to be more east south east.

Yes as Paul Sherman alluded to with such a level of instability troughs and features are certain to pop up over a wider area distribution. I'm sure we will all see some decent snow falls should these charts verify! ENE flow is ideal for the vast population masses in London and the SE but in particularly S/E London and as you say N&W Kent & S Essex+ Northern&Eastern parts of Surrey. but I can see any flow between NE& SE benefiting most of us in SE and EA with this type of set up. 21st January 2013 we had a good dumping with a SEly flow here in NW Kent and SE London which at the time I never thought could happen! It's still the biggest pre February snowfall weve had since early December 2010! Get a nice strong low pressure system to the SE of us like is being modelled and we should be getting in on the act regardless of whether it's a ESE or ENE flow for example

Edited by Kentspur

Increased confidence from the CF of some sleet and wet snow across parts of the region Friday night and early Saturday, mostly higher ground but to low levels in heavier bursts. No accumulations expected, but North Downs wouldn't be out the question for a dusting.

A few of the London airport TAFs have sleet midnight to 07Z Saturday.

7 hours ago, James Gold said:

Well for the purposes of ramping, the MOD thread, yes sometimes prone to exaggeration, is coming out with fantastic lines for our region about this 18z GFS. My favourite is “the SE is getting clobbered”

Yep take it all with a large pinch of salt. It’s going to get cold possibly very cold and we may get some snow but details of reliable snow full I would put down to about 12 hours tops. If anyone says we’re going to get a foot of snow next Thursday on the Mad thread it’s just for fun. Also stick to John Holmes and the anomaly charts for your most realistic view. ❄️🙈🥶

Morning

Currently -1.1c with a DP of -2c. 

The MOD thread still loaded with positivity for our region specifically next week and beyond, snow still on the cards at the moment with these runs this morning 

Don’t think I’ve ever wished a weekend away so quickly as I am this one lol⛄⛄⛄️ Bring on next weeks games!

00z GFS has phenomenal streamer potential next week.

Narnia.....