Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

10 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

Looking at the radar that blob of precip is growing and becoming increasingly wintry? Something to watch?

It can't be ruled out 😁

10 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

It can't be ruled out 😁

East Anglia looking like the best place for tomorrow.:oldsmile:

19011715_1618.gif

Is the "Dwarf from the North", about to pay a visit, to some in the Region??

image.png.2bbbb5d91b74acc6ea5f65332845c756.png

Dutch Radar think so.

https://www.buienradar.nl/nederland/neerslag/sneeuwradar

And what's this below, our own Mr.Fish appearing in a photo opportunity, with Mr. Nathan "at least it won't be mild" Rao, of the Daily Express?? Michael how could you??

image.thumb.png.07edbc1187ad25b74216ab7df42c2755.png

I actually went for the same job at the "Express", as Nathan. I did well at the interview but they found me a bit too, wordy. My motto has always been, "Why use one word when you can use twenty"!!  They thought I might turn the "Express", into a Broadsheet!! That would risk them losing thousands, from their readership!! Also that Mr.Rao's, Donald Trump like "Faux Weather" headlines, would boost their sales.

Would like some help from S.E.Region members, please. We've had the "Beast from the East", a glancing visit from the "Dwarf from the North". I had the "Pest from the West" primed and ready, for the Summer just gone but the Heatwave Anticyclonic conditions meant I had to keep that one under wraps, for another Summer. I've been racking my brains, to come up with a similar Daily Express/Sun type headline for inclement weather, arriving from the South.

Thought I'd ask S.E.Region members first before contacting Ian Hislop and Paul Merton of, Read All About It!!

Please fill in the missing word. The ------------ From The South.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12

well  what  i can looking at the gfs we  in the east   could get snow  by the load  if that right  could be interesting getting about  soon!!:cold:

Edited by tinybill

Yes if GFS 00z is correct next week from Monday onwards could be VERY snowy so close now!!!! 

Just want to quote Hotspur61, from yesterday evening:

Qoute:

"That would tie in nicely from the thoughts of Ian Currie who was kind enough to share his thoughts with TOMSE12 over last weekend".

Don't think the evolution to much colder weather (hopefully) is evolving quite the way Ian, envisaged.

He doesn't seem to be far off the mark when he suggested we may need a few "bites of the cherry" before we saw an Arctic sourced Northerly and also he didn't envisage strong blocking over Greenland being involved in the initial stages of a wintry outbreak but more likely to come courtesy of a strong mid-Atlantic ridge, allied to a low diving on a NW/SE, axis. That looks a pretty good call, at the moment.

I think Ian thought there would be a more definitive Northerly on the cards though, just after 20th/21st but I suppose that could still happen.

Also, some Models seem to want to develop an Easterly much sooner than Ian anticipated. He thought that an Easterly would be more likely as we move further into February and that it was no guarantee but I'm sure we wouldn't complain if it appeared a few weeks, earlier.

I've just remembered another couple Meteorological projects Ian said he's been involved with. (Sorry but he told me so much on Sunday evening.)  He supplies Weather Forecasts to Waitrose Supermarket.

He also appeared in an ITN special, during an Anniversary programme of the October 1987, great windstorm. 

I'm not sure what "Forecasting Tools" Ian uses, to produce a forecast. I know he looks at all the Forecast Models on a daily basis.

He may well pay a subscription for additional information or just look at the sort of information, we can all view.

The next time I phone Ian I will ask him. Also which Forecast Model does he pay most attention to? I would expect him to say the UKMO. I will also ask him how he rates the GFS and ECM Models?

I must remember not to call him when my Wife is about to dish dinner up though, otherwise another "culinary car-crash", could happen!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12

A few of us maybe about to see our first flakes of the season soon... I have already seen some falling snow this winter but only breif... that PPN moving south contains a wintry mix 

Bloooody hell ECM

1398799304_ECM1.thumb.gif.ee0e26966939c289ae4c3a24e0f9d7a1.gif224900116_ECM2.thumb.gif.ea0e5f8fc971a9aed5a6d7cf482ba7d7.gif

144 IS EVEN BETTER!

@Steve Murr Thats gotta be the best chart thus far ths winter..

Low pressure in the channel KEEN easterly wind blowing copious snow showers well in land.. Maybe even some more organised snow associated with the low

ECM0-144.thumb.GIF.b40d6b1c2621b6a5844cc91710d9ffbb.GIFECM1-144.thumb.gif.c103c6eb5c1e200198aa6d08de188787.gif

flakes incoming... probs a sleety mix for us but still 

This area of precipitation coming: hoping to get some surprise flakes - netweather radar says it’s mostly sleet and snow at the moment just got to hope it stays that way

And we have snow ⛄😁

I think we might see a few flakes in favoured spots (namely higher ground), but looking at the dew points:

pointrosee_uk_byo7.png

the coldest of them are behind the trough, and given the time of day I suspect we may be just the wrong side of daylight to see much in the way of wintryness apart from in any heavier bursts....we’ll see! Maybe something on the back edge closer to sea level...

Edited by snowking

It's... It's SNOWING.

There's a good deal of agreement with the models this morning and looks like we might be in for some exciting times coming up. Croydon council have even cleaned all the streetlights in anticipation 😊

Don’t worry it’s only a small shower. Nothing yet to suggest the Thames freezing over 🥶

1 minute ago, shotski said:

Don’t worry it’s only a small shower. Nothing yet to suggest the Thames freezing over 🥶

Really !  Damn was hoping to go ice skating ⛸ 😂

13 minutes ago, shotski said:

oh geez. It was quite a heavy shower and it was SNOW. Yay I've seen some snow. Right bring on summer 💪

Edited by Dami

Wow, some actual weather after 4 weeks of a grey lid- a snowy surprise. That's me snow fixed until 2020 then. Now can we maybe have something resembling a thunderstorm this year please as well?🤔

Waiting patiently here at home for the snow-

Days 8/9/10 are my days off next week ❄️❄️☃️☃️☃️

Edited by Steve Murr

5 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Waiting patiently here at home for the snow-

Days 8/9/10 are my days off next week ❄️❄️☃️☃️☃️

If the charts verify, you may be off for a considerably larger amount of time next week... 😁:yahoo:

Brother in Marlow just called me to say it's a white out and so heavy...