Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
17 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Valium is needed in the MOD thread currently - some dire output particularly as we go towards the New Year (against all SSW beliefs)/

Ahhh bless them.  They do get ruffled. 

I seem to remember that 10 days ago we were supposed to be freezing cold now according to the models and their hocus pocus. Would check if I could be harrised. 

Who knows what the weather will be like in 10 days.... Even the Met are saying they haven't a clue. More or less. 

Sunny and 11c in the capital. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
10 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Ahhh bless them.  They do get ruffled. 

I seem to remember that 10 days ago we were supposed to be freezing cold now according to the models and their hocus pocus. Would check if I could be harrised. 

Who knows what the weather will be like in 10 days.... Even the Met are saying they haven't a clue. More or less. 

Sunny and 11c in the capital. 

Saw a MetO video yesterday that mentioned they were more confident of dry, frosty and foggy weather after Xmas but not sure about Xmas day itself!!...going by model outputs last night and this morning it looks like they could be wrong, to add to their generally poor worded 30 day outlook's since late October...

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

An ok day here, dry and mild but plenty of cloud too. Loads of puddles everywhere still, could do with some drier, colder weather for a bit but looks like lots of rain to come

• Like 1

Posted

My word has anyone had a look on flight radar!!!! you can actually see the buildings at Gatwick that never happens. Poor people that are stuk in Gatwick.

Posted
4 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Saw a MetO video yesterday that mentioned they were more confident of dry, frosty and foggy weather after Xmas but not sure about Xmas day itself!!...going by model outputs last night and this morning it looks like they could be wrong, to add to their generally poor worded 30 day outlook's since late October...

Thats interesting Froze as they were spot on with this years SSW in February. called it a long way out. There 30 dayers change every day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

So everyone in the MOD thread is expecting an SSW, yet they mention that SSW events mess with the weather model output until the models get to grips with the warming. Yet they are taking what the models are spewing out today as gospel and ignoring their own advice.  Why do people in there feel the need to comment on every single model run of the day? According to that lot, the output is about as bad as it can get if you want cold and snow.

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

My word has anyone had a look on flight radar!!!! you can actually see the buildings at Gatwick that never happens. Poor people that are stuk in Gatwick.

I was stuck on plane for three hours when that Icelandic volcano blew up I sympathise. It’s been what 18 hours and how they haven’t resolved this I have no idea, the military have been called in so it should be sorted fast. Definitely a well coordinated ill intent ‘attack’ on Gatwick’s airspace. Some speculate aliens LOL! 

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

I was stuck on plane for three hours when that Icelandic volcano blew up I sympathise. It’s been what 18 hours and how they haven’t resolved this I have no idea, the military have been called in so it should be sorted fast. Definitely a well coordinated ill intent ‘attack’ on Gatwick’s airspace. Some speculate aliens LOL! 

certainly someone has got beef with gatwick although they did say they are industrial drones and not the smaller ones

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

MAD thread up & alive again with the GFS 12s giving an easterly at day 13

Normal ‘slit wrists’ due to resume within 6-12hrs time  until the next Day10+ Chart shows cold.

Then back to ‘slit writs’ until the next cold D10 chart greets. 

You get the idea 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Ohhhhh yes indeeddyyyyyyyyyyy! :yahoo::cold:

24hrs of snow for us for the start of January, thats not to Tulsa!!!!!!!!!

gfs-2-300-1.png

gfs-2-312.png

gfs-2-324.png

gfs-16-324.png

Posted

1 run don't get to over excited...the predictions were for model mayhem once we get into the range of the SSW down welling (post Xmas) - so early mayhem perhaps?

Posted
1 hour ago, Ben Lewis said:

MAD thread up & alive again with the GFS 12s giving an easterly at day 13

Normal ‘slit wrists’ due to resume within 6-12hrs time  until the next Day10+ Chart shows cold.

Then back to ‘slit writs’ until the next cold D10 chart greets. 

You get the idea 

lol that thread is ridiculous, should be put in the lounge

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
7 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

lol that thread is ridiculous, should be put in the lounge

Come on Lass don't be a misery, til the season to be jolly and all that.....:santa-emoji:

Anyway, we know that charts at T330 don't verify, it's just the fun of seeing some decent charts for a change that won't verify, but could get upgrades!:yahoo:

Right, now do I open another bottle of prosecco or go to the Christmas party up the pub?

Decisions, decisions.

Posted
1 minute ago, snowray said:

Come on Lass don't be a misery, til the season to be jolly and all that.....:santa-emoji:

Anyway, we know that charts at T330 don't verify, it's just the fun of seeing some decent charts for a change that won't verify, but could get upgrades!:yahoo:

Right, now do I open another bottle of prosecco or go to the Christmas party up the pub?

Decisions, decisions.

open the presecco and drink it on the way to the pub

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

open the presecco and drink it on the way to the pub

:santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

That is bloody horrible out there , oh well , soon be Christmas

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Early start,man that wind is gusting outside,have a good day all,im popping in the mid thread quick

Posted
52 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Wow! 13.8c at 07.30.

8mm of rain in the night. 

Hunt for cold? Hunt for my t-shirt more like. 

If it wasn't for the wind rain and lack of sun, i would have a BBQ today, hunt for cold could last until next december lol

Posted

I think its going to be a short day today ... in work that is. 

Drizzle and mild in St James's this morning. having an early day in work to get some Xmas shopping done this afternoon. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Flood watches are in effect for my Locale; The watch (by the enviromental agency) highlights areas such as Crowhurst &  Bulverhythe, as well as Bexhill road (A259).

I'm travelling via bus through this area at around 15:00 today, so will post updates later on if there are any signs of flooding.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Wow! Turned very gusty here as the cold front went through here just now with a max gust of 38 mph recorded. The back edge of the front showed up nicely in the low morning sunshine:

866986233_Satellite21Dec09_30.thumb.jpg.574ab137e5c9ff8620316a7d0e1b2b54.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Some really boring model output currently (other than yesterdays gfs 12z which now looks like a complete rogue run)...Xmas day looks cloudy and quiet which looks like being about as excitable as this December, as for today been outside in my sleeveless top and didn't even feel cold despite the breeze.

Well Santa so far ain't bringin' any Xmas cheer meteorology wise other than the dangled carrot that is a possible SSW and it's effects into the New Year!

• Like 1