Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Up to 16.8C...The last warm one for some time...

Pale blue sky with occasional sunny spells. The temperature is 14°C.  I am waiting for garden thermometer and when it will be delivered.  I will be able to get more accurate temperatures.

Can't believe it looks like a thundery break down tomorrow, a Feb Spanish plume type scenario lol. Wonder if the storms happen.

Local forecasters 'wetting' themselves on just how much colder the temperatures will be from tomorrow on wards and mentioned 'highs of just 11-13c' really!?! - have they lost the plot? still a few degrees above normal and believe in this part of the world at the start of March max averages should be near 9c!

Look East on BBC just now reporting from Anglia water Huntingdon. 

Reservior levels are 12% lower then normal. 

Do we have to worry; 

In a nutshell- NO 

Anglia water statement: “Water supply’s are totally secure, some of it is due to the weather but part of it is because we’ve being doing some maintenance over the winter on our pumps, we purposely turned off that water for about 3-4 weeks so we can do the work~  and now it’s back on and the resovior is now re filling”

”There is no suggestion of any water shortage or any hosepipe ban this year”

2 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Look East on BBC just now reporting from Anglia water Huntingdon. 

Reservior levels are 12% lower then normal. 

Do we have to worry; 

In a nutshell- NO 

Anglia water statement: “Water supply’s are totally secure, some of it is due to the weather but part of it is because we’ve being doing some maintenance over the winter on our pumps, we purposely turned off that water for about 3-4 weeks so we can do the work~  and now it’s back on and the resovior is now re filling”

”There is no suggestion of any water shortage or any hosepipe ban this year”

Especially not with the amount of rain we have on the way 😂 ☔️ 

I would not be at all surprised if the weather makes a sudden change to much colder conditions during March in Europe/UK where the models have to play catch up

8 hours ago, shotski said:

Especially not with the amount of rain we have on the way 😂 ☔️ 

Well exactly 

Its wash out Britain, it always balances itself out. 

14 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Well exactly 

Its wash out Britain, it always balances itself out. 

Hopefully get the rainy stuff out the way before proper spring later in the month. 

Morning all,

No scrapping the ice on the windscreen this morning, in fact the car was showing a balmy 6 degrees at 5.30.  I saw quite a lot of low cloud and mist around as I caught the train up to the big smoke this morning.

Have a good day one and all...

Cheers

FC

Much milder this morning. 

Gone are the beautiful blue sky mornings, hello dank grey Atlantic crap. 

Dry and sunny, 8.3C...The fine spell is hanging-on by its fingertips!

Morning all,

So, here we are the last day of a frustrating, Meteorological Winter. One that promised so much but ultimately, delivered little.

I still think it's highly likely we'll see a cold, wintry late Arctic blast. Overnight Model runs seem to be hinting at a mid-March, cold snap.

Have had to cancel a long awaited Dental appt. at King's College Hospital, due to a persistent, nasty cold.

image.png.ae3e53cbf3bdf73847981f841a88367d.png"Phlegmy" Phil, has outstayed his welcome and is facing eviction.

image.png.1f2dc2240d31ba947d406bfbaf768bd6.pngBrenda and Bruce, my Bronchial tubes, have cleared the air (waves), somewhat and no longer perform all day/night violin recitals, thankfully. I think they may a little more help from something like the 

image.thumb.png.dd41a3477d93588740dd6a99b13ead0d.pngthe Covonia Bull, though. But due to High Blood Pressure, I'm only allowed to take a mild Linctus, so I have to sit and suffer!!

I'll leave you with a poignant, Italian goodbye to Winter. Our relationship with it and all those raised hopes, melting away like snow, itself!! Here is Come Neve (Like snow). Sung by Giorgia and Marco Mengoni.

Vedere tutti, il prossimo inverno.(See you all, next Winter).

Regards,

Tom.:hi:

Once again here in the Hadleigh "hole", nestled down in the River Brett valley, we managed an air frost at -0.3C whilst just up the road at Wattisham Airbase (302 feet) the overnight minimum was 3.9C.

A lovely start again here and still hazy sunshine at 10.40, but the satellite image shows the cloud moving in from the west to end the glorious early taste of Spring we've enjoyed. (Nice view of the snow over the Alps too).

1987288565_Satellite28Feb.thumb.jpg.6ffefc7569f383aaa18cbfc5cf71d5f5.jpg

Official confirmation of the new UK record set at Kew Gardens; an amazing 21.2C.

1348736123_Feb2019WarmTempRecords.thumb.jpg.5febf6e6fc7dab3dd2165921a5a86803.jpg

The grot has duly arrived!:cray:

Heavyish showers now passing through the capital. Nice to see. Freshens things up a bit after the prolonged dry spell. Wind getting up too, temp 11.3c.

We've had some light showers here since about 9:00 this morning. Nothing heavy as yet.

1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Heavyish showers now passing through the capital. Nice to see. Freshens things up a bit after the prolonged dry spell. Wind getting up too, temp 11.3c.

Air pollution was foul yesterday in Central London worse levels compared to Beijing, I’m sort of glad fresher weather has returned not a bad day bit of a April showers to it, more seasonable.

Heavy shower here with hail.

11.7C

Posted (edited)

Time for a new thread as we enter Spring.

New thread here:

Edited by Blessed Weather