Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

I hung on to some frost until 10.30 on my north facing lawn in Twickenham and now it's 18c (or at least at LHR it is). Amazing! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
On 31/01/2019 at 13:11, snowfall09 said:

NI idea how this got here.

ITS OFFICIAL RECORD HAS BEEN REACHED

Its reached 20.3c in Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
On 31/01/2019 at 13:11, snowfall09 said:

MOds I cant delete this its appearing from no where.
Everytime I click in the box to type it just appears

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

New UK record earlier in Wales and today a potential new English Feb record 19.8C at Northholt. (met office not confirmed yet.) 

febrecords4b.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, seaside 60 said:

How can you say this weather is boring, |I would rather have this weather in Feb and bearable temps rather than mid summer of 35c plus which is almost % wise what this weather would be.

If you like weather this is exciting, beautiful and fantastic for the time of the year.

Personally this BORING weather can stay for another couple of weeks plus.  

You're talking as if we don't see this type of weather often...from the majority of April though to mid-October last year we experienced a lot of sun and dry conditions, don't get me wrong this is better than wet, cloudy stuff but we shouldn't be having this in February!...and synoptically when there is still 'room' for cold weather do get a high anchored to the east or south east without a change is boring. Only my opinion of course

• Like 1

Posted

God I hope we aren't in for 6 months of this. Faaar to early! 

A good showery cold March/ April with plenty of convective weather would make up for it. 

I can see why folk ooop North are making a bit of a drama out of this spell but it's nought unusual this here in the capital and the south east. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

An absolutely stunning day. You really would mistake this for being may. Really does feel weird hearing the ambient sound of lawnmowers and birds in full sing in February! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

You're talking as if we don't see this type of weather often...from the majority of April though to mid-October last year we experienced a lot of sun and dry conditions, don't get me wrong this is better than wet, cloudy stuff but we shouldn't be having this in February!...and synoptically when there is still 'room' for cold weather do get a high anchored to the east or south east without a change is boring. Only my opinion of course

I have been basking in the sun in a pub garden, raising a few glasses of wine, it is Alan Partridge day after all.
I was however also comparing the 16.4 degrees here against historical local weather station data and identifying the planes over head. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Northern hemisphere temperature anomaly is pretty frightening really, been consistently like this all winter. Scary times indeed. 

Also Southern Hemisphere for good measure  

FFA61007-D4B3-4152-AC6C-9DCDBBB4B4A0.png

8952710F-67D4-4C8E-B8C5-81533BBF57D4.png

Edited by shotski
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

We don’t see this type of weather in late February very often - in fact, it’s very rare. 

This time last year, we were going into the freezer, which was followed by a cracking summer. Wonder if this gorgeous spell will be followed by a cack summer? 

Back in Prague today and a beautiful day here, too, though it ‘only’ reached 14C. Nice sunset right now 

C8603531-B382-4059-BB56-A14B9EA7B3B3.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 6

Posted
47 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

We don’t see this type of weather in late February very often - in fact, it’s very rare. 

Not of recent February's not to sat they haven't been mild - March's of the 00's and 2010's have often had spells like this though (lasted at least a week) which goes unnoticed behind the cold facades of 2013 and 2018.

1 hour ago, moogyboobles said:

I was however also comparing the 16.4 degrees here against historical local weather station data and identifying the planes over head. 

16.4 degrees of pure British Fahrenheit - to quote the great man!

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Wonder if this gorgeous spell will be followed by a cack summer? 

I'd be surprised if we do...haven't had a bad summer since the Olympic year 2012.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

This time last year, we were going into the freezer, which was followed by a cracking summer. Wonder if this gorgeous spell will be followed by a cack summer? 

Back in Prague today and a beautiful day here, too, though it ‘only’ reached 14C. Nice sunset right now 

C8603531-B382-4059-BB56-A14B9EA7B3B3.jpeg

I was thinking the same too mate. 

Hope this gorgeous weather isn’t ploughing us into an awful summer. 

Another beautiful day ahead tomorrow, it’s my day off so I’ll be out and about enjoying it, not caring less when it’s going to rain next. March into April can be a very wet months, longer it stays dry the better. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It has been a beautifully sunny day in South Ockendon.  The maximum temperature in South Ockendon was 17°C/18°C.  The hottest place in UK was in Ceredigon in Wales was 20.3C which is where my cousin lives.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Strange to think I was scraping a large amount of ice off the car this morning, only to leave work with temperatures more like late spring than February at 18c. Another glorious day with cloudless skies and barely a breath of wind.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
3 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Not of recent February's not to sat they haven't been mild - March's of the 00's and 2010's have often had spells like this though (lasted at least a week) which goes unnoticed behind the cold facades of 2013 and 2018.

16.4 degrees of pure British Fahrenheit - to quote the great man!

image.thumb.png.1f864dba1f8c3b9b020d68324b44cefd.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
2 hours ago, Katrine Basso said:

It has been a beautifully sunny day in South Ockendon.  The maximum temperature in South Ockendon was 17°C/18°C.  The hottest place in UK was in Ceredigon in Wales was 20.3C which is where my cousin lives.

Official highs are;

Trawsgoed 20.6c
Northolt 20.4c
Gogerddan 20.1c

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Lots of butterflies out today. Mad. Never seen them out so early!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

A quite remarkable day here on the South Coast with temperatures locally of 17.1c.

It wasn't just the temperature itself which made it such an unusual day, it was the absence of even a slight breeze and the pure clear blue clarity of the sky. Fantastic day.

• Like 5

Posted

Certainly a big change from late Wednesday onwards. Atlantic gearing up after a long absence. Active weather on way. Maybe the seasons will get back into proper sync at last. 

Screenshot_20190225-205540.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Having looked at the 12z runs, I'm even more convinced of an Arctic based Northerly, as we go further into March. The Models seem to be gearing themselves up for that scenario, there's some seriously cold air lurking to our North, waiting to surge South, given the opportunity. It will certainly come as a "shock to the system", after the current spell of weather.

One last hurrah, for us cold weather lovers!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 7

Posted
23 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Having looked at the 12z runs, I'm even more convinced of an Arctic based Northerly, as we go further into March. The Models seem to be gearing themselves up for that scenario, there's some seriously cold air lurking to our North, waiting to surge South, given the opportunity. It will certainly come as a "shock to the system", after the current spell of weather.

One last hurrah, for us cold weather lovers!!

Regards,

Tom. 

Indeed Tom. 

And there is always April. I have found some pics of the April 2008 London snowfall... Not sure what date, think it was Easter weekend though. 

That's a London snowman if ever there was one!! 

april-2008-snow-in-london-london-fields-hackney-AY9BET.jpg

snowapr081.JPG

Screenshot_20190225-214145.png

Edited by Wimbledon88
  • Like 3