Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Indeed. Going to panic buying off sausages down Lidl. 

i've still got some from last summer lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
7 hours ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Some fantastic weather the last few days, glad winter has finally done one, looks like we could be pushing 17/18 c, maybe even warmer next week - incredible compared to where we were at this point last year. 

Done one did it ever actually arrive ??

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

what's happened to the laugh like smiley

Probably been deleted mate. Just like my mock 16-30 day Met Outlook earlier today. 

Humour will not be tolerated forthwith.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

what's happened to the laugh like smiley

Someone must have used it?

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Someone must have used it?

1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Probably been deleted mate. Just like my mock 16-30 day Met Outlook earlier today. 

Humour will not be tolerated forthwith.  

This site is having a serious sense of humour bypass, it's the weather fgs

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

This site is having a serious sense of humour bypass, it's the weather fgs

It's gone because people were abusing it again and using it to subtly pick on people and being generally unpleasant with it. It's gone because of some posters behaviour, not our sense of humour bypass (that's scheduled for Thursday, I hear).

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Lauren said:

It's gone because people were abusing it again and using it to subtly pick on people and being generally unpleasant with it. It's gone because of some posters behaviour, not our sense of humour bypass (that's scheduled for Thursday, I hear).

I wanted to use the laughing smiley for your final comment but can't lol, i'll make sure not to be online on Thursday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Drizzly with some periods of more heavier rain for most of the late morning and early afternoon. Dry and overcast for the rest of the day afterwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

If anyone is out early here in N Surrey it’s really icy out be aware the roads have patches of black ice not expecting that at all - very slippy - temp 1.5c but a hard ground frost. 

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

If anyone is out early here in N Surrey it’s really icy out be aware the roads have patches of black ice not expecting that at all - very slippy - temp 1.5c but a hard ground frost. 

Yup, very thick ice on car windscreen earlier, quite surprising for a 'mild spell'. Temp was only 1.2c at 7am. Going up to 12c later, apparently. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Once the ice had lifted turned into a belter of a day - great new walk from Walton along broad water to Weybridge then passenger boat across Thames to Shepperton. Then a walk along North bank with amazing houses along river , not sure about flood risk though ?? 

B10C33E9-F027-4AB4-80CC-C50CA252DF1E.jpeg

1A233D2D-3667-4211-B4C0-1B03D06C83ED.jpeg

36169950-6B8E-4C57-8464-BC7000D7F294.jpeg

1D883895-3470-4604-97F7-F3F677AC87F1.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Whilst over in the MAD thread there's more interest in the collapsing of the threads than the weather

• Like 1

Posted
On 19/02/2019 at 08:41, Wimbledon88 said:

Yup, very thick ice on car windscreen earlier, quite surprising for a 'mild spell'. Temp was only 1.2c at 7am. Going up to 12c later, apparently. 

There's all this talk of exceptionally mild weather on the model thread, but the forecast for here is showing temps up to 10 or 11 for the rest of the week and the weekend. Doesn't seem that exceptional to me.

Posted
1 hour ago, snowblind said:

There's all this talk of exceptionally mild weather on the model thread, but the forecast for here is showing temps up to 10 or 11 for the rest of the week and the weekend. Doesn't seem that exceptional to me.

True. The Met Office are going for highs of 13/14c in the capital over Friday and Saturday. Nought special. Just the usual tedium weatherwise. 

8c just now. Sunny. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Hello! Excuse my absence everyone, Iv'e been fairly busy lately, as I have just moved from my mum's to my dad's house. It's been fairly stressful at times, but hey ho!

My mum has been in hospital for the last week, but was discharged yesterday. I've told her to take it easy this week, and to relax (It was nothing major, just a bit of unexpected sickness and low blood pressure, but she's recovering nicely now).

Anyway, I feel as if our efforts have been somewhat rewarded, as today is an absolutely gorgeous day! Crystal clear blue skies, not a breath of wind, and Dare I say it... Spring-like? I'll measure the temperature a bit later.

• Like 1

Posted

20 days in and only 6 days of measurable rain this month. Temperatures remaining mild and dry to at least next week. We're only predicted about 11-12C out on the Kent east coast, hardly extraordinary but a big difference from the much cooler February last year. 

Posted

Inland it's looking exceptionally mild for the time of year, a week of 14-16c maxes is more akin to early April. The south coast going to be a little cooler at times due to wind direction.

Also very sunny today, this month has been pretty good for sunshine!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
9 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

:yahoo:The Continent is warming up fast, this year, too...:diablo:

Always seems to of recent years soon as we get into late March...look out for those building blocks (as per last year) for increasing warmth such as firstly high pressure throughout southern Europe and then building north towards Scandinavia followed by the Azores HP ridge extending towards the UK = built in heat from April onwards.