Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Good morning all!

One of the finest morning today - with the mist rising and clear blue sky. 

Models indicating a slight dip in temperatures at the start of next week before a repeat performance ... with temperatures back into the low teens by late next week. Incredible really. It really is shaping to be one of the mildest starts to February - not sure where the record books stand with this? 

As mentioned above by a few, as it is still so early - I would not be at all surprised to see a ''flip'' in the weather, however with this years dismal chart display I would certainly take any background chart signs with a large pinch of salt or two! History just tells us that winter can spring a surprise all the way until April...so my logic is based purely on this - not any graph or chart! Not after this years performance!!! 

24 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

Down to -3c locally last night and a crisp white landscape to wake up to.

A little surprised at the level of cold given all the 'taste of Spring' talk everywhere!.

Agreed. Second frosty morning in a row here. Fog this morning as well and temps are just above freezing now. It's felt quite pleasant in the sun but yesterday felt chilly in the breeze. It's been mild with temps upto about 10C, but not exceptionally so and nothing record breaking. In fact very similar to this time last year.

Edited by snowblind

41 minutes ago, snowblind said:

Agreed. Second frosty morning in a row here. Fog this morning as well and temps are just above freezing now. It's felt quite pleasant in the sun but yesterday felt chilly in the breeze. It's been mild with temps upto about 10C, but not exceptionally so and nothing record breaking. In fact very similar to this time last year.

Cold night last night given its a 'mild spell'. Low of 1.6c. Frosty surfaces earlier. 

Day off work today to do some spring allotment work. 13c forecast so ideal. Planning what veggies to grow this year. I'm fairly certain now given the very dry winter and with no rain in forecast for next 10-14 days that we will have water restrictions this summer in the London area. 

14 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Cold night last night given its a 'mild spell'. Low of 1.6c. Frosty surfaces earlier. 

Day off work today to do some spring allotment work. 13c forecast so ideal. Planning what veggies to grow this year. I'm fairly certain now given the very dry winter and with no rain in forecast for next 10-14 days that we will have water restrictions this summer in the London area. 

not another bone dry summer i hope

Really is a glorious day early frost and fog giving way to strong spring like sunshine ! 

C0B68D8D-7B61-4B3C-A778-0ED4060B173C.jpeg

32AE020B-6CD6-4324-9B75-71A978E89DFB.jpeg

1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Or a wash out spring/summer, which none of us wants, but is very needed.

It's a lovely day today, the wind still feels chilly for some reason though. There has been a light mist around for a little while now though, if that stays till after dark, I expect fog to form.

Just hit 13c at Heathrow, warmer in parts of Wales though today at 15c, balmy, good old Fohn Effect I expect.

And yet its still only 4c in parts of Oxfordshire with Fog.:oldsmile:

Edited by snowray

1 minute ago, snowray said:

Just hit 13c at Heathrow, warmer in parts of Wales though today at 15c, balmy, good old Fohn Effect I expect.

It's only 8.7 here lol, I need to move.

Just now, alexisj9 said:

It's only 8.7 here lol, I need to move.

Yes some places are just 4/5c where the fog has persisted. Lovely sunny day here, feels mild too.

2 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes some places are just 4/5c where the fog has persisted. Lovely sunny day here, feels mild too.

Yep have a slight mist here, I expect fog tonight, slow to lift tomorrow. Will feel like winter again.

Edited by alexisj9

12c here now. Quite impressive mildness across the country. To think there were a few who laughed at the idea of 15c! 

1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Yep have a slight most here, I expect fog tonight, slow to lift tomorrow. Will feel like winter again.

Many places are getting Springtime by day and Winter at night. Going to be even milder by early afternoon in the next couple of days but still with the risk of frost and fog at night. 

13 minutes ago, kold weather said:

12c here now. Quite impressive mildness across the country. To think there were a few who laughed at the idea of 15c! 

Tomorrow and Saturday we could see 13-15c quite widely in the afternoon, where there's no fog.

Can we hit a 16 somewhere though on the 16th, that would be close to a daily record I think, and it's also my birthday 16th Feb.:yahoo:

Edited by snowray

18 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Where are they now? 👓

22 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Where are they now? 👓

Probably sun baving lol.

22 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Where are they now? 👓

Where are all the coldies, my guess is they are sunbathing? Seen my first bee today, spring has definitely sprung.

1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Probably sun baving lol.

Are our brains linked lol

At 8 am there was frost and frog.  It was difficult to see through the fog how much frost there was.  It was lovely to look at and it was quite a surprise.  It has been quite a long time sing the last time when frost and frog appeared at the same time.  The sky is clear and there is a (near) half moon.  I have not been on much as I have not been at all well with chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia.

An absolutely stunning day from the moment I got up to the sight of slight fog across the frosty rooftops, and sun and blue skies aloft. Took the dog out and he was panting in the sunshine while we didn't even need a jacket. Even my son, who is a die-hard coldie and snow lover had to admit it was rather nice! Sorry to hear you haven't been well @Katrine Basso, those are tough conditions to live with and getting rest yet trying to keep going simultaneously is so difficult (I am a CFS sufferer myself, and flare-up days really knock me for six). Good luck with your recovery.

I'm doing a three-day stint taking care of my YouTuber son at VidCon at the Exel from Friday to Sunday; I am already pondering clothing choices that match a frosty start and cool evening for the journey there and back yet not too hot if we reach 15 degrees and we're there all day. That's if Southwestern can run a train service over the weekend of course....

Edited by Reefseeker

Lovely sunny day and 12c, chilly breeze so coat definitely needed after the fog and frost began clearing about 9am.

Overnight low of -2.3c locally and hopefully more of the same tonight to continue this fine week of frosts.

21 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Where are all the coldies, my guess is they are sunbathing? Seen my first bee today, spring has definitely sprung.

I saw my first bumblebee a couple of weeks ago, got gnats flying around too.

Heathrow now 14c, parts of Wales have hit 16c!😛

Edited by snowray

1 minute ago, snowray said:

I saw my first bumblebee a couple of weeks ago, got gnats flying around too.

i don't mind bees but wasps should not have been invented

7 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i don't mind bees but wasps should not have been invented

I hate wasps too, hornets and them horse flies that bite, horrible useless things. :oldgood: