Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
22 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Even  the most die-hard cold hunter must be thinking game over tonight lol

Well if nothing else we won't have to hear folk on this site and in the media banging on about the Beast from the East anymore.

Beast my harris! Two and half days of snow showers. And a total of 1cm of snow last March.

Maybe next winter they ll have come up with some other saying. 

I think from a meteorology point of view the experts should start studying why when a HP settles over Central Europe it hangs around longer than a bad smell. Yet, in any other location, it is displaced after a couple of days. Has been like that for several years. 

I'm no expert though

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
57 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Well if nothing else we won't have to hear folk on this site and in the media banging on about the Beast from the East anymore.

Beast my harris! Two and half days of snow showers. And a total of 1cm of snow last March.

Maybe next winter they ll have come up with some other saying. 

I think from a meteorology point of view the experts should start studying why when a HP settles over Central Europe it hangs around longer than a bad smell. Yet, in any other location, it is displaced after a couple of days. Has been like that for several years. 

I'm no expert though

Even all the cold rampers have left the building, even out to f1 nothing to ramp. 

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
7 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Gosh feel old , I remember it well had just bought my first flat in Clapham and moved in that day was warm and sunny and sweaty moving furniture  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Another frosty morning 

Dropped -1.2. Currently -0.7 

If anything we've had our fair share of frosts this winter but nowt else...

Posted

Extreme fog this morning, visibility below 50m for a time.

20190214_073318.jpg

20190214_073155.jpg

20190214_073243.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Down to -3c locally last night and a crisp white landscape to wake up to.

A little surprised at the level of cold given all the 'taste of Spring' talk everywhere!.

• Like 1

Posted

Good morning all!

One of the finest morning today - with the mist rising and clear blue sky. 

Models indicating a slight dip in temperatures at the start of next week before a repeat performance ... with temperatures back into the low teens by late next week. Incredible really. It really is shaping to be one of the mildest starts to February - not sure where the record books stand with this? 

As mentioned above by a few, as it is still so early - I would not be at all surprised to see a ''flip'' in the weather, however with this years dismal chart display I would certainly take any background chart signs with a large pinch of salt or two! History just tells us that winter can spring a surprise all the way until April...so my logic is based purely on this - not any graph or chart! Not after this years performance!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

Down to -3c locally last night and a crisp white landscape to wake up to.

A little surprised at the level of cold given all the 'taste of Spring' talk everywhere!.

Agreed. Second frosty morning in a row here. Fog this morning as well and temps are just above freezing now. It's felt quite pleasant in the sun but yesterday felt chilly in the breeze. It's been mild with temps upto about 10C, but not exceptionally so and nothing record breaking. In fact very similar to this time last year.

Edited by snowblind

Posted
41 minutes ago, snowblind said:

Agreed. Second frosty morning in a row here. Fog this morning as well and temps are just above freezing now. It's felt quite pleasant in the sun but yesterday felt chilly in the breeze. It's been mild with temps upto about 10C, but not exceptionally so and nothing record breaking. In fact very similar to this time last year.

Cold night last night given its a 'mild spell'. Low of 1.6c. Frosty surfaces earlier. 

Day off work today to do some spring allotment work. 13c forecast so ideal. Planning what veggies to grow this year. I'm fairly certain now given the very dry winter and with no rain in forecast for next 10-14 days that we will have water restrictions this summer in the London area. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
14 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Cold night last night given its a 'mild spell'. Low of 1.6c. Frosty surfaces earlier. 

Day off work today to do some spring allotment work. 13c forecast so ideal. Planning what veggies to grow this year. I'm fairly certain now given the very dry winter and with no rain in forecast for next 10-14 days that we will have water restrictions this summer in the London area. 

not another bone dry summer i hope

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Really is a glorious day early frost and fog giving way to strong spring like sunshine ! 

C0B68D8D-7B61-4B3C-A778-0ED4060B173C.jpeg

32AE020B-6CD6-4324-9B75-71A978E89DFB.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Or a wash out spring/summer, which none of us wants, but is very needed.

Posted

It's a lovely day today, the wind still feels chilly for some reason though. There has been a light mist around for a little while now though, if that stays till after dark, I expect fog to form.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Just hit 13c at Heathrow, warmer in parts of Wales though today at 15c, balmy, good old Fohn Effect I expect.

And yet its still only 4c in parts of Oxfordshire with Fog.:oldsmile:

Edited by snowray

Posted
1 minute ago, snowray said:

Just hit 13c at Heathrow, warmer in parts of Wales though today at 15c, balmy, good old Fohn Effect I expect.

It's only 8.7 here lol, I need to move.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Just now, alexisj9 said:

It's only 8.7 here lol, I need to move.

Yes some places are just 4/5c where the fog has persisted. Lovely sunny day here, feels mild too.

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes some places are just 4/5c where the fog has persisted. Lovely sunny day here, feels mild too.

Yep have a slight mist here, I expect fog tonight, slow to lift tomorrow. Will feel like winter again.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Yep have a slight most here, I expect fog tonight, slow to lift tomorrow. Will feel like winter again.

Many places are getting Springtime by day and Winter at night. Going to be even milder by early afternoon in the next couple of days but still with the risk of frost and fog at night. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, kold weather said:

12c here now. Quite impressive mildness across the country. To think there were a few who laughed at the idea of 15c! 

Tomorrow and Saturday we could see 13-15c quite widely in the afternoon, where there's no fog.

Can we hit a 16 somewhere though on the 16th, that would be close to a daily record I think, and it's also my birthday 16th Feb.:yahoo:

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
18 minutes ago, kold weather said:

12c here now. Quite impressive mildness across the country. To think there were a few who laughed at the idea of 15c! 

Where are they now?