Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Recommended Posts

Temp 7.3, wind south west, 22 mph, but feels cold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I'd be genuinely interested to know here who is ready for winter to be over and who isn't.

Raise your hand for winter to be over, thumbs down for winter to stay.

👎 Sorry Lauren. my calendar tells me it's Feb.13th and I'm certainly not ready for Winter to be over yet.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, as Alexis suggested in her post earlier on the Model thread, to see the Models flip to a cold outlook. The weather can be very fickle, as we approach Spring. On many occasions, during my lifetime, I've seen  a very quick turnaround from a Southerly flow, to an Arctic Northerly. I'm hoping that Ian Currie has called the next few weeks correctly and we see some height rises towards Greenland with a resultant Arctic blast!! March 1970, would be nice:

image.thumb.png.2b4e5abcbd8f599e2722b632b9206fab.png

image.thumb.png.7b29fbf44ea807b29400d9ece0429f34.png

Below, is a link to a thread started by TIMMYTOUR, regarding March 1970. I'm sure the Snow Lovers around the Region, wouldn't turn their nose up, at a similar event! Then you lovers of Spring warmth, can have your turn!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lauren said:

I'd be genuinely interested to know here who is ready for winter to be over and who isn't.

Raise your hand for winter to be over, thumbs down for winter to stay.

Raising my hand! I love Wintry weather from November through to February but with the high pressure bringing us milder weather and some glorious sunshine this week, I'm ready for Spring. I'd be a bit gutted now if the weather was to turn colder again now - last Winter was so long, and took us well into April and although I enjoyed the BFTE 2018, I'm ready for the longer evenings and milder days now. 10c and sunny here this afternoon.

Edited by EWS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love snow and we've been lucky enough to have two snow days this winter. But the seemingly endless dark grey afternoons that we had in December and January have left me craving sunshine now. I might be feeling differently if we hadn't had any meaningful snow, though. I might still be longing for it! Have booked Friday off so i can enjoy the sun/get some allotment work done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EWS said:

Raising my hand! I love Wintry weather from November through to February but with the high pressure bringing us milder weather and some glorious sunshine this week, I'm ready for Spring. I'd be a bit gutted now if the weather was to turn colder again now - last Winter was so long, and took us well into April and although I enjoyed the BFTE 2018, I'm ready for the longer evenings and milder days now. 10c and sunny here this afternoon.

This is exactly how I feel too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milder temps of roughly 14C during the next few days and then slightly cooler from Sunday pm into Monday.

There is a possibility of even warmer temps from the 21st/23rd Feb lasting a week

It will be sods law we get very cold periods during March.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 weeks of winter left - would love a final fling of seasonal frost and snow but can’t see anything in the models to snap us into winter. This time last year the SSW had happened and we could count down to the BFTE relatively drama free. Anyone expecting a re run is I think going to be dissapointed !  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yamkin said:

Milder temps of roughly 14C during the next few days and then slightly cooler from Sunday pm into Monday.

There is a possibility of even warmer temps from the 21st/23rd Feb lasting a week

It will be sods law we get very cold periods during March.

better get the BBQ out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Badgers01 said:

2 weeks of winter left - would love a final fling of seasonal frost and snow but can’t see anything in the models to snap us into winter. This time last year the SSW had happened and we could count down to the BFTE relatively drama free. Anyone expecting a re run is I think going to be dissapointed !  

Doesn't astronomical winter end on or about the 21st march? Five weeks left then....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John Stevens said:

Doesn't astronomical winter end on or about the 21st march? Five weeks left then....

This is an old chestnut and people take their own slant but in meteorology winter ends when February does.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yamkin said:

 

Other signals were looking good, I think this time the SSW cancelled our winter, I guess we will see soon, I still think the pattern we have right now can move north at short notice, and I don't believe it has any think to do with the SSW, which has now been and gone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, yamkin said:

 

Best charts I’ve seen all day!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even  the most die-hard cold hunter must be thinking game over tonight lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Even  the most die-hard cold hunter must be thinking game over tonight lol

Well if nothing else we won't have to hear folk on this site and in the media banging on about the Beast from the East anymore.

Beast my harris! Two and half days of snow showers. And a total of 1cm of snow last March.

Maybe next winter they ll have come up with some other saying. 

I think from a meteorology point of view the experts should start studying why when a HP settles over Central Europe it hangs around longer than a bad smell. Yet, in any other location, it is displaced after a couple of days. Has been like that for several years. 

I'm no expert though 🙂

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Well if nothing else we won't have to hear folk on this site and in the media banging on about the Beast from the East anymore.

Beast my harris! Two and half days of snow showers. And a total of 1cm of snow last March.

Maybe next winter they ll have come up with some other saying. 

I think from a meteorology point of view the experts should start studying why when a HP settles over Central Europe it hangs around longer than a bad smell. Yet, in any other location, it is displaced after a couple of days. Has been like that for several years. 

I'm no expert though 🙂

 

 

 

Even all the cold rampers have left the building, even out to f1 nothing to ramp. 

Edited by lassie23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CFS 12Z Shows Colder Period For Early March

anim_via0.gif

anim_bcj1.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, yamkin said:

 

Gosh feel old , I remember it well had just bought my first flat in Clapham and moved in that day was warm and sunny and sweaty moving furniture 🙂 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another frosty morning 

Dropped -1.2. Currently -0.7 

If anything we've had our fair share of frosts this winter but nowt else...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extreme fog this morning, visibility below 50m for a time.

20190214_073318.jpg

20190214_073155.jpg

20190214_073243.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Down to -3c locally last night and a crisp white landscape to wake up to.

A little surprised at the level of cold given all the 'taste of Spring' talk everywhere!.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...