Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

I think this year,above all years,is the one not to give up on winter.Notwithstanding it's only the 11th February,the forecasters and other experts really don't have a clue what's happening after next weekend never mind the next fortnight.

Still plenty of time for surprises.

The last thing we want though is that blinking Euro High to take up residence. It ruined the earlier part of winter already. I despise the thing. It's a nghtmare for weather enthusiasts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

I think this year,above all years,is the one not to give up on winter.Notwithstanding it's only the 11th February,the forecasters and other experts really don't have a clue what's happening after next weekend never mind the next fortnight.

Still plenty of time for surprises.

The last thing we want though is that blinking Euro High to take up residence. It ruined the earlier part of winter already. I despise the thing. It's a nghtmare for weather enthusiasts.

Will it be glued there all summer

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Will it be glued there all summer

It ll be just that bit closer to us so as to prevent any storms moving up from France. 🙂

A bit nippy out. 3c. 

Nice clear sky morning. Looks like a few fairly bland days coming up. Carol very excited and animated earlier on the Beeb about temperatures probably reaching 15c 'somewhere' later in the week. Bless. 

Frosty clear start here. 

Great useable week coming up with no Atlantic rain dross. 

If it isn’t going to be cold and snowy, this is the next best thing in my opinion- anything but wind and rain. 

• Like 6

Reckon I will do the lawns today once the dew has lifted should be a good day !

• Like 1

Halfway through my Counselling Sessions now and my Therapist has advised me not to spend too much time, visiting the MAD thread. She's fearful that I may be infected with NTS (Negative Thoughts Syndrome). :help:

Crikey, can you believe that place??

Dreadful, hideous, vile Models!! They should all be banished, from existence. Pfft!!

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 1

Quite a nice week so far weather wise. It has got the cold morning element so far, though it will slowly ease up over the next so we may lose the frostiness. The afternoons however are quite mild at the moment.

• Like 1

Seems it's mild for the foreseeable future which I'm put about. I'm over the cold this year. Actually felt quite warm in the office today,  normally need the heaters on all the way to March but off now.

2 hours ago, Lauren said:

Seems it's mild for the foreseeable future which I'm put about. I'm over the cold this year. Actually felt quite warm in the office today,  normally need the heaters on all the way to March but off now.

Same in the works Head Office today Lauren, heating off. 

Could be worse, it could be lashing with rain and flooding. 

Shame it’s not cold & snowy but I’ll take this as second best. 

Lovely day to work in today.hit 11 degrees and more of the same for rest of the week with some early spring sunshine and highs maybe of 12 or 13 by Friday.The daffs will all be out by the weekend so it will be nice to see a bit of colour adding to the crocuses that are currently blooming round here.As TOMSE12 said earlier I wonder about some on the MAD thread!!.I still think there is a chance of a cold spell in very late feb early March-if it happens great but if not roll on spring.the gods have not been with us this winter after such promising background signs but that’s the way it goes sometimes and maybe March will be the coldest month of the winter-you just never know with our weather lol!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

Lovely day to work in today.hit 11 degrees and more of the same for rest of the week with some early spring sunshine and highs maybe of 12 or 13 by Friday.The daffs will all be out by the weekend so it will be nice to see a bit of colour adding to the crocuses that are currently blooming round here.As TOMSE12 said earlier I wonder about some on the MAD thread!!.I still think there is a chance of a cold spell in very late feb early March-if it happens great but if not roll on spring.the gods have not been with us this winter after such promising background signs but that’s the way it goes sometimes and maybe March will be the coldest month of the winter-you just never know with our weather lol!!

I think the point is snow in March struggles to stay on the ground unless it's in very extreme circumstances..

Where as in February with weak sun and cold sufurce we can get laying snow for days in the right conditions ..

Anyway looks very spring like now for the next 14 days or so and for a landscape gardener like myself I will take it...

The chase for me is Over till 2019/20

I think the chances of getting lying snow for long periods must be on the way out, especially as the days and sun strength are getting stronger and th soil temps must be warming up quite nicely, though the cooler nights probably limiting this right now.

I suspect we will get more of this broad HP dominated weather for late Feb/early March, but the placement is key. As per this week, a real chance we do swing in a near/record breaking burst of mildness during the next 2 weeks. Also a chance of drawing in colder air from the east, though that feels like a fools chase right now.

CFS 12Z  Is Going For The BFTE - Long Way Off

anim_tuc0.gif

anim_snp9.gif

• Sad 2

DEAR MR HIGH PRESSURE 

I am writing today to you to express my total discuss having found out that you have taken up residence in my end of season showroom.

As you know I have not had a good season so far and was hoping to go out with a bang but you are rubbing salt on the wounds.

It also has come to my notice that the heating has gone up thanks to your room mate Southwesterly and this has caused a lot of my clients to complain and even throw towels and toys at me.

Bearing in mind you had a good season last year I let you stay for a good few months in the summer and customers were satisfied because of your heat. Now is the wrong time for you my freeze sales have taken a slump. My usual supplier Mr Siberia is unable to  export the ingredients including minus 15 to 20 upper air temperatures and severe windchill as you have sat and blocked the way. 

We have had a good relationship last year when you headed in the right direction and I had exceptional end of season profits. 

In view of this I have had good offers from Mr Greenland and Mr Scandinavia who are quite happy to occupy you for the next few weeks so I can have have a chance to boost my end of season sales and win my customers back. My partners ECM, GFS, ICON and CFS will be more than happy to lift you and roll you out there on their new models. 

I hope we can keep our good relationship and you will hand in your tenancy notice in the coming few days, 

Kind regards WINTER SEASON

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, E17boy said:

DEAR MR HIGH PRESSURE 

I am writing today to you to express my total discuss having found out that you have taken up residence in my end of season showroom.

As you know I have not had a good season so far and was hoping to go out with a bang but you are rubbing salt on the wounds.

It also has come to my notice that the heating has gone up thanks to your room mate Southwesterly and this has caused a lot of my clients to complain and even throw towels and toys at me.

Bearing in mind you had a good season last year I let you stay for a good few months in the summer and customers were satisfied because of your heat. Now is the wrong time for you my freeze sales have taken a slump. My usual supplier Mr Siberia is unable to  export the ingredients including minus 15 to 20 upper air temperatures and severe windchill as you have sat and blocked the way. 

We have had a good relationship last year when you headed in the right direction and I had exceptional end of season profits. 

In view of this I have had good offers from Mr Greenland and Mr Scandinavia who are quite happy to occupy you for the next few weeks so I can have have a chance to boost my end of season sales and win my customers back. My partners ECM, GFS, ICON and CFS will be more than happy to lift you and roll you out there on their new models. 

I hope we can keep our good relationship and you will hand in your tenancy notice in the coming few days, 

Kind regards WINTER SEASON

My letter to it would consist of just the one sentence l, namely.... 

'' Why don't you just FO''. 😁 

Edited by Wimbledon88

I'd be genuinely interested to know here who is ready for winter to be over and who isn't.

Raise your hand for winter to be over, thumbs down for winter to stay.

It’s another beautiful day here in Rye. The wind is slightly chilly but nothing to bad, be these days make me feel so much better then th days we get rain and wind. I do like the cold but I have a feeling we might not see to much of that now, it’s not perfect and obviously not set in stone but if it stays like this I will be happy with that too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

I'd be genuinely interested to know here who is ready for winter to be over and who isn't.

Ooh, tough one. I would enjoy a few cold and snowy days to finish the season with but I’m starting to crave warmth and sun and my joints have had enough of winter. Always happens in February. It’s still winter proper for another fortnight, however and March can be cold, as we saw last year. 

Edited by stainesbloke

44 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Winter never really started here in Ely, East Anglia, but after all the hype and false outcome predictions I'm more than ready for spring I'd say!!

And I also hope I never hear the words 'SSW' or 'Downwelling' for a long, long time!! :wallbash:

• Like 2

PS Roll on the spring/summer time thunderstorm season!! Let's hope it's a good'n this year :yahoo:

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Well once that icing level shifts further upwards, I can sit in the bad weather for flying.  

• Like 1

I don't mind what it does, however if it does decide to snow, next week (doubtful), next month, April or may, I will enjoy watching it fall.

• Like 2

Well it's hard to say goodbye to something that never actually arrived. But whatever we call the last 3 months, they won't be missed. 

Whatever else we have learned this season, weather forecasting accuracy has not improved one bit in the last 10 years! In fact there seems to be more acronyms etc being used. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A lovely, sunny 9.5C here just  now - so nowhere near the balmy 13C that Dalcross Airport (Inverness) is currently enjoying. 👍

So I, myself, I am getting into Spring mode; I even bought some new guitar strings yesterday, so that I can murder Bad Moon Rising once again!:hi:

But Spring wouldn't be the same were English clubs not struggling in Europe...and, for that, vodka is required!:drinks: