5 minutes ago, shotski said:

Never seen so much snow in my life ❄️

Obertauern , Austria getting my snow fix  

2.5 meters in places

FD40AAC4-2249-4D25-AAAD-326F44FDE657.jpeg

FC51422B-AA1A-41F9-AF07-F20985CFB006.jpeg

1A5F3D3B-55B8-4685-A918-96CDC69A2676.jpeg

EF3A36C7-AAC5-46B5-8E6D-11207F43CD82.jpeg

That's why I find it difficult to believe Europe will warm up. Changes will soon happen in the models, earlier I think, then where they seem to be flipping now. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

That's why I find it difficult to believe Europe will warm up. Changes will soon happen in the models, earlier I think, then where they seem to be flipping now. 

its just very localised amazing snow in the alps at altitude , much of mainland Europe is mild already !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

It’s been a lovely day here today, it did have a cold feel to the air but nothing awful, I’ve been out and about in a jumper most of the day. We went out this evening for some dinner and it was a lovely sunset with lots of big dark clouds hanging about, they weren’t rain menacing clouds just those pretty dark clouds we sometimes get .

Posted
5 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

its just very localised amazing snow in the alps at altitude , much of mainland Europe is mild already !!

True. These were the temperatures in Europe this afternoon. Screenshot_20190211-122437.thumb.png.c4ffde82e092e50c4de7a7a8182847ce.png 

Edited by Wimbledon88
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
6 hours ago, lassie23 said:

The october fog index won, even beat an SSW, mojo, all the weather models and all the other claptrap predicted for this winter, well for MOBY it did :oops:

Hold your horses Lassieor goats , for that matter. My calendar tells me today's date is 11th February.

Winter not "done and dusted" with, yet!!

The 12z ECM at t240, only takes us to 21st February. "IF" that chart comes to fruition, we could be looking at another very interesting end to February/early March. :oldwink:

image.thumb.png.25fc998b36717b3550d9223252b613f7.png

21st FEB.2018

image.thumb.png.d639a580eed425776602d07629be28db.png

And we know what happened, next!! Not suggesting that the same thing is going to happen this year but surely, way too early to be "counting your ."

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
29 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Hold your horses Lassieor goats , for that matter. My calendar tells me today's date is 11th February.

Winter not "done and dusted" with, yet!!

The 12z ECM at t240, only takes us to 21st February. "IF" that chart comes to fruition, we could be looking at another very interesting end to February/early March. :oldwink:

image.thumb.png.25fc998b36717b3550d9223252b613f7.png

21st FEB.2018

image.thumb.png.d639a580eed425776602d07629be28db.png

And we know what happened, next!! Not suggesting that the same thing is going to happen this year but surely, way too early to be "counting your ."

Regards,

I desperately want some snow before winter is out, even in spring it will still be welcome. 

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 4

Posted

Yes, totally agree with you Lassie. Even if only, to silence all those negative "doom merchants", in the MAD" thread!!

I've spent too much time in there lately and have had to book myself in for a course of Counselling Sessions!! :help:

Regards,

Posted

I think this year,above all years,is the one not to give up on winter.Notwithstanding it's only the 11th February,the forecasters and other experts really don't have a clue what's happening after next weekend never mind the next fortnight.

Still plenty of time for surprises.

The last thing we want though is that blinking Euro High to take up residence. It ruined the earlier part of winter already. I despise the thing. It's a nghtmare for weather enthusiasts.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
20 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

I think this year,above all years,is the one not to give up on winter.Notwithstanding it's only the 11th February,the forecasters and other experts really don't have a clue what's happening after next weekend never mind the next fortnight.

Still plenty of time for surprises.

The last thing we want though is that blinking Euro High to take up residence. It ruined the earlier part of winter already. I despise the thing. It's a nghtmare for weather enthusiasts.

Will it be glued there all summer

• Like 1

Posted

A bit nippy out. 3c. 

Nice clear sky morning. Looks like a few fairly bland days coming up. Carol very excited and animated earlier on the Beeb about temperatures probably reaching 15c 'somewhere' later in the week. Bless. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Frosty clear start here. 

Great useable week coming up with no Atlantic rain dross. 

If it isn’t going to be cold and snowy, this is the next best thing in my opinion- anything but wind and rain. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Reckon I will do the lawns today once the dew has lifted should be a good day !

• Like 1

Posted

Halfway through my Counselling Sessions now and my Therapist has advised me not to spend too much time, visiting the MAD thread. She's fearful that I may be infected with NTS (Negative Thoughts Syndrome). :help:

Crikey, can you believe that place??

Dreadful, hideous, vile Models!! They should all be banished, from existence. Pfft!!

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Seems it's mild for the foreseeable future which I'm put about. I'm over the cold this year. Actually felt quite warm in the office today,  normally need the heaters on all the way to March but off now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
2 hours ago, Lauren said:

Seems it's mild for the foreseeable future which I'm put about. I'm over the cold this year. Actually felt quite warm in the office today,  normally need the heaters on all the way to March but off now.

Same in the works Head Office today Lauren, heating off. 

Could be worse, it could be lashing with rain and flooding. 

Shame it’s not cold & snowy but I’ll take this as second best. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Lovely day to work in today.hit 11 degrees and more of the same for rest of the week with some early spring sunshine and highs maybe of 12 or 13 by Friday.The daffs will all be out by the weekend so it will be nice to see a bit of colour adding to the crocuses that are currently blooming round here.As TOMSE12 said earlier I wonder about some on the MAD thread!!.I still think there is a chance of a cold spell in very late feb early March-if it happens great but if not roll on spring.the gods have not been with us this winter after such promising background signs but that’s the way it goes sometimes and maybe March will be the coldest month of the winter-you just never know with our weather lol!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS
2 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

Lovely day to work in today.hit 11 degrees and more of the same for rest of the week with some early spring sunshine and highs maybe of 12 or 13 by Friday.The daffs will all be out by the weekend so it will be nice to see a bit of colour adding to the crocuses that are currently blooming round here.As TOMSE12 said earlier I wonder about some on the MAD thread!!.I still think there is a chance of a cold spell in very late feb early March-if it happens great but if not roll on spring.the gods have not been with us this winter after such promising background signs but that’s the way it goes sometimes and maybe March will be the coldest month of the winter-you just never know with our weather lol!!

I think the point is snow in March struggles to stay on the ground unless it's in very extreme circumstances..

Where as in February with weak sun and cold sufurce we can get laying snow for days in the right conditions ..

Anyway looks very spring like now for the next 14 days or so and for a landscape gardener like myself I will take it...

The chase for me is Over till 2019/20

Posted

I think the chances of getting lying snow for long periods must be on the way out, especially as the days and sun strength are getting stronger and th soil temps must be warming up quite nicely, though the cooler nights probably limiting this right now.

I suspect we will get more of this broad HP dominated weather for late Feb/early March, but the placement is key. As per this week, a real chance we do swing in a near/record breaking burst of mildness during the next 2 weeks. Also a chance of drawing in colder air from the east, though that feels like a fools chase right now.

DEAR MR HIGH PRESSURE 

I am writing today to you to express my total discuss having found out that you have taken up residence in my end of season showroom.

As you know I have not had a good season so far and was hoping to go out with a bang but you are rubbing salt on the wounds.

It also has come to my notice that the heating has gone up thanks to your room mate Southwesterly and this has caused a lot of my clients to complain and even throw towels and toys at me.

Bearing in mind you had a good season last year I let you stay for a good few months in the summer and customers were satisfied because of your heat. Now is the wrong time for you my freeze sales have taken a slump. My usual supplier Mr Siberia is unable to  export the ingredients including minus 15 to 20 upper air temperatures and severe windchill as you have sat and blocked the way. 

We have had a good relationship last year when you headed in the right direction and I had exceptional end of season profits. 

In view of this I have had good offers from Mr Greenland and Mr Scandinavia who are quite happy to occupy you for the next few weeks so I can have have a chance to boost my end of season sales and win my customers back. My partners ECM, GFS, ICON and CFS will be more than happy to lift you and roll you out there on their new models. 

I hope we can keep our good relationship and you will hand in your tenancy notice in the coming few days, 

Kind regards WINTER SEASON

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, E17boy said:

DEAR MR HIGH PRESSURE 

I am writing today to you to express my total discuss having found out that you have taken up residence in my end of season showroom.

As you know I have not had a good season so far and was hoping to go out with a bang but you are rubbing salt on the wounds.

It also has come to my notice that the heating has gone up thanks to your room mate Southwesterly and this has caused a lot of my clients to complain and even throw towels and toys at me.

Bearing in mind you had a good season last year I let you stay for a good few months in the summer and customers were satisfied because of your heat. Now is the wrong time for you my freeze sales have taken a slump. My usual supplier Mr Siberia is unable to  export the ingredients including minus 15 to 20 upper air temperatures and severe windchill as you have sat and blocked the way. 

We have had a good relationship last year when you headed in the right direction and I had exceptional end of season profits. 

In view of this I have had good offers from Mr Greenland and Mr Scandinavia who are quite happy to occupy you for the next few weeks so I can have have a chance to boost my end of season sales and win my customers back. My partners ECM, GFS, ICON and CFS will be more than happy to lift you and roll you out there on their new models. 

I hope we can keep our good relationship and you will hand in your tenancy notice in the coming few days, 

Kind regards WINTER SEASON

My letter to it would consist of just the one sentence l, namely.... 

'' Why don't you just FO''.  

Edited by Wimbledon88

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I'd be genuinely interested to know here who is ready for winter to be over and who isn't.

Raise your hand for winter to be over, thumbs down for winter to stay.